Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavien Howard
With Miami taking on a massive contract with Tyreke Hill and giving up a ton of picks for him, they may need to free up some cap space and could use some draft capital now. We should try to pull Xavien Howard from them. There were talks last year of trading him, and it never materialized. I wonder what the chances of that coming back up could be?

He has a bigger contract, but it’s worth paying one of the leagues top corners. I’d offer them the 63rd pick and see if they bite. They may want more though…

Imagine a secondary of Bell, Bates, Awuzie, Hilton, and Howard. This would instantly be among the best in the league.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Xavien is much better than a declining Gilmore, but do we want to invest that much in an elite DB? Xavien is quite the upgrade compared to what's left out there in free agents.
Reply/Quote
What do you think this costs in terms of picks? Would they really move him after all these splashes? We don’t know what the cap hits are for Armstead and Hill next year, and they can always restructure and cut some guys to get under. I feel they would ask for A LOT in return considering they don’t have to get rid of him.

On our end, we can clear some cap room if we can extend Bates. Howard has 8 figure salaries the rest of his deal so he’ll eat up most of the remaining space. Proving we’re committed to winning and getting over the hump should hopefully help negotiations.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Would love to get Xavien Howard, might be spendy though and this Draft is loaded at Corner.

Corners in the Draft are a great investment.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: With Miami taking on a massive contract with Tyreke Hill and giving up a ton of picks for him, they may need to free up some cap space and could use some draft capital now. We should try to pull Xavien Howard from them. There were talks last year of trading him, and it never materialized. I wonder what the chances of that coming back up could be?

He has a bigger contract, but it’s worth paying one of the leagues top corners. I’d offer them the 63rd pick and see if they bite. They may want more though…

Imagine a secondary of Bell, Bates, Awuzie, Hilton, and Howard. This would instantly be among the best in the league.

Not to rain on the parade, but Miami would take a $20 million dead cap hit if they cut or traded him.

He is more likely a restructure and stay option
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote