Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavier Su'a-Filo to IR
I'm thinking of trying the free trial of Game Pass, so I will be able to watch this past game and focus on Billy Price to see if he did well or not.
PFF has Price at 28 snaps with a rating of 51.7 (47.9 pass block, 52.7 run block).
With that said, the offense was able to get down the field and very close to scoring game winning TD.

With XSF out, this appears Price's likely best (and last?) chance to earn a starting spot again.

I really would like for him to do well, I just don't have confidence in him anymore.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Started to rewatch the game last night. Couple run plays where X doesn’t touch anybody. Not what I like to see.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 05:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm thinking of trying the free trial of Game Pass, so I will be able to watch this past game and focus on Billy Price to see if he did well or not.
PFF has Price at 28 snaps with a rating of 51.7 (47.9 pass block, 52.7 run block).
With that said, the offense was able to get down the field and very close to scoring game winning TD.

With XSF out, this appears Price's likely best (and last?) chance to earn a starting spot again.

I really would like for him to do well, I just don't have confidence in him anymore.

Just out of curiosity what was Jordan’s grade ? It would be great if him and Williams were the future on the left side. I saw a highlight on Twitter were Jordan pulled and absolutely crushed somebody. I’ll post the link below.

https://twitter.com/coachminich/status/1306007471853637632?s=21
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 06:01 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Just out of curiosity what was Jordan’s grade ? It would be great if him and Williams were the future on the left side. I saw a highlight on Twitter were Jordan pulled and absolutely crushed somebody. I’ll post the link below.

https://twitter.com/coachminich/status/1306007471853637632?s=21

Jordan was at 74.1 (60.8 pass block, 76.5 run block).
If Jordan can keep this up, it will show he's grown a LOT since this time last year.
With that said, he needs to get that pass blocking better.

Rest of OL:
Jonah Williams - 63.5 (63.1 pass, 59.8 run)
Trey Hopkins - 67.5 (63.4 pass, 67.6 run)
Bobby Hart - 63.9 (46.0 pass, 82.4 run)

XSF - 75.5 (62.5 pass, 75.2 run)

Price and Hart had abysmal pass blocking grades. Jonah needs to get better at run blocking. Price needs better at everything.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: He will be out at least 3 weeks.  Time for Billy Price to show he can get it done.  But looks like the weak right side just got weaker.

Geno and Shawn Williams also not practicing again.  I can't see either of them playing Thursday without practice in over 2 weeks but who knows.  I don't know why I am already getting an AJ situation feeling with Geno's injury.  At least with Williams they said when he was injured it would be about a month from the time of the injury before he could play.  

Mike Daniels also missed practice.  If he can't go we are really really thin at DT.  I can already see Kahild McKenzie being a PS active player

Well, I liked what I saw of Price when he replaced XSF, so I am not panicking at this point.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 06:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jordan was at 74.1 (60.8 pass block, 76.5 run block).
If Jordan can keep this up, it will show he's grown a LOT since this time last year.
With that said, he needs to get that pass blocking better.

Rest of OL:
Jonah Williams - 63.5 (63.1 pass, 59.8 run)
Trey Hopkins - 67.5 (63.4 pass, 67.6 run)
Bobby Hart - 63.9 (46.0 pass, 82.4 run)

XSF - 75.5 (62.5 pass, 75.2 run)

Price and Hart had abysmal pass blocking grades. Jonah needs to get better at run blocking. Price needs better at everything.

I saw XSF whiff a bunch and I saw Price have at least two really good blocks. This is why I sometimes question PFF or more like...

I usually question PFF. Price did a good job late in the game when we were going down to score the winner.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw XSF whiff a bunch and I saw Price have at least two really good blocks. This is why I sometimes question PFF or more like...

I usually question PFF. Price did a good job late in the game when we were going down to score the winner.

I...don't think we watched the same game. XSF was much more solid with his blocks. Yes, he had to recover a couple times (everyone does now and then) but, while Price played better than he has in the past, he still had to recover and re-engage more, on less snaps. X was also able to maintain his blocks longer and take his man completely out of the play multiple times. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 08:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I...don't think we watched the same game. XSF was much more solid with his blocks. Yes, he had to recover a couple times (everyone does now and then) but, while Price played better than he has in the past, he still had to recover and re-engage more, on less snaps. X was also able to maintain his blocks longer and take his man completely out of the play multiple times. 

We watched the same game, I just saw XSF whiff a few times where I guess you didn't, that is all.

I might of missed something Price did bad too though.

I only watched the game once so far so it is all understandable, I just liked seeing Price improving.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 08:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We watched the same game, I just saw XSF whiff a few times where I guess you didn't, that is all.

I might of missed something Price did bad too though.

I only watched the game once so far so it is all understandable, I just liked seeing Price improving.

Price was really solid on the final drive, going 1 on 1 most of the time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 09:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Price was really solid on the final drive, going 1 on 1 most of the time. 

Well, that is something. He has been the biggest disappointment of all our first round picks in the last decade IMO...

Thought he would be much better, he has dealt with injuries but no excuses anymore.
Reply/Quote
This is Price's opportunity to get that 2nd contract after the season. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Anybody miss this dude yet?

Given he didn't go to OSU like Billy Price.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 01:15 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This is Price's opportunity to get that 2nd contract after the season. 

Getting a holding penalty that killed a late drive in regulation is good way for him to end up a healthy scratch, as soon as Su'a Filo comes back..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote