Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavier Su'a-Filo to IR
(09-15-2020, 06:12 PM)Tony Wrote: Billy did fine against the bolts and beefed up. I'll give him one more chance..

I thought the right side improved somewhat when Price entered the game. What do I know though?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Price dinged up his cankle too, was hoping he could put his best foot forward and salvage his career
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought he was carted off with cramps? if so, drink some freaken Gatorade. So now I have 2 questions:

1. If not cramps, what is the injury?

2. Is this one of our famous mysterious injuries where they make it sound like a player will be ready in a week or so and then 10 weeks later they are DTD?

Masterpiece theater, the Bengals front office are masters at it.   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 07:00 PM)pally Wrote: Billy Price, Fred Johnson, and Shaq Calhoun all play guard.  Plus they can active Keaton Sutherland from the PS for the game.  On a short week adding someone who doesn't know the offense won't help much

Didn’t Fred Johnson play tackle last year?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 08:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn’t Fred Johnson play tackle last year?

He did but he has also played guard previously and did practice at guard at camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Right? Amazing how a guy who disappeared "a long time ago" was named to the all-decade team.

Amazing how an all decade member can go stretches of the season with no visible impact.

Define your version of disappearance. Not being available for games, also, disappearance. Just like AJ the past two years. You can be a hall of famer and perform poorly, that's how careers end in almost all cases. 4.5 sacks.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn, your heavy negative early this year. Don't fall off the wagon yet.

I've been saying that about geno for a long time. Paid a lot to disappear. You couldn't guess he was one of our best players in several games. You can say he's doubled/etc, he just didn't have a visible impact. An opinion doesn't have to be popular, frankly no way this old guy is as good as his younger self. His stats last year are weak for him. How long before you guys say he's disappeared? Very few leave in their prime.

Consistency makes super stars. If you average 30pts/10 rebounds a game sometimes and 10/10 other years, you are just a star.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 08:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Amazing how an all decade member can go stretches of the season with no visible impact.

Define your version of disappearance. Not being available for games, also, disappearance. Just like AJ the past two years. You can be a hall of famer and perform poorly, that's how careers end in almost all cases. 4.5 sacks.

"The Bengals LBs and non-Atkins DTs were atrocious in 2019, so therefore Geno Atkins sucks." - reuben.ahmed, basically

Dude had 10.0 sacks in 2018. You're talking like he's been MIA for years.

Over the 2 years prior to this, Dunlap has only 2.5 sacks more than Atkins, and he's a DE. Was Atkins elite last year? No, but nobody on the Bengals D was last year.

- - - - - - - -

Save your shit talking for players that actually suck. The last thing we need is to start attacking the Bengals 2nd HoFer while he's still doing well.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought he was carted off with cramps? if so, drink some freaken Gatorade. So now I have 2 questions:

1. If not cramps, what is the injury?

2. Is this one of our famous mysterious injuries where they make it sound like a player will be ready in a week or so and then 10 weeks later they are DTD?

Maybe it’s the infamous bone bruise.......
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 07:00 PM)pally Wrote: Billy Price, Fred Johnson, and Shaq Calhoun all play guard.  Plus they can active Keaton Sutherland from the PS for the game.  On a short week adding someone who doesn't know the offense won't help much

No doubt. But X has had injury issues his whole career it’s why he is a journeyman at this point.

OL is a long term concern. If Randy is healthy and our head coach is already saying he is kicking Thursday there is no reason we have two kickers on the roster and we lose our most veteran OL.

We still can and could have done better than two Dolphin castoffs who played games for them last year when they made it a point to invest in OL this offseason and these are two that ended up cut. Keaton and ShaQ.

We have to keep churning and looking for OL help. Rostering two kickers because randy was trying to help out with the hot dog and nacho surplus and drinking coke on the sideline and cramped up isn’t a good way to improve the OL.
Reply/Quote
Now is the time for Price to step up and say the job is mine. He's a first round pick, he's healthy for the first time in his short career, and he has no more excuses. It's time to show he belongs on in a starting position on the oline, and if he can't, then it's time to cut bait on him and let him go when his contract is up.
Reply/Quote
Was Su'a-Filo's actual injury ever disclosed?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 09:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Save your shit talking for players that actually suck.

You obviously are not familiar with Reuben.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 08:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I've been saying that about geno for a long time. Paid a lot to disappear. You couldn't guess he was one of our best players in several games. You can say he's doubled/etc, he just didn't have a visible impact. An opinion doesn't have to be popular, frankly no way this old guy is as good as his younger self. His stats last year are weak for him. How long before you guys say he's disappeared? Very few leave in their prime.

Consistency makes super stars. If you average 30pts/10 rebounds a game sometimes and 10/10 other years, you are just a star.

Consistency is 8 Pro Bowls and being named all-decade team.

Consistency is having at least 7.5 sacks in 6 of the last 9 seasons, and in one of the ones he missed, he had 6.0 in only 9 games. So you may as well say 7 of the last 9 seasons. Geno has already had a HOF career if he retired today. Anything we get from here on out is just icing.

We should be thankful a player of Geno's caliber spent his entire career in stripes. He's also one of the few players that actually showed up consistently in the playoffs for us (2.5 sacks in 4 games).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:03 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I think I saw him at lunch with Armon Binns.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 07:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Fred Johnson was taking snaps with the first team at RG during training camp 

Yeah, but I believe that was only when Price was playing center because Hopkins was out. Could be mistaken though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Is that Giles?!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 02:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is that Giles?!

Uther Pendragon, king of Camelot in the Merlin TV series. Played by Anthony Head.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously are not familiar with Reuben.
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I’m not confident Price will play good at guard. He couldn’t beat out Hopkins at center last season or win a starting guard job from a 20 year old rookie and John Miller. Then this season they felt compelled to bring in Su’a Filo who Price couldn’t beat out. Far as Fred Johnson goes just follow the clues. A guy that big , played at Florida and still went undrafted, and he can’t beat out an awful Bobby Hart , clearly he’s not good.
Reply/Quote