Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavier Su'a-Filo to IR
He will be out at least 3 weeks. Time for Billy Price to show he can get it done. But looks like the weak right side just got weaker.

Geno and Shawn Williams also not practicing again. I can't see either of them playing Thursday without practice in over 2 weeks but who knows. I don't know why I am already getting an AJ situation feeling with Geno's injury. At least with Williams they said when he was injured it would be about a month from the time of the injury before he could play.

Mike Daniels also missed practice. If he can't go we are really really thin at DT. I can already see Kahild McKenzie being a PS active player

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Geno Atkins disappeared a long time ago. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Time for Billy to show he isn't a complete bust.

He had a healthy off season for the first time in his career, if I recall correctly, and he added weight so he should be able to compete.

If he has any talent, that is.
Reply/Quote
Where is this Fred Johnson guy I heard so much about??
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Geno Atkins disappeared a long time ago. Big Grin

Yeah, I guess that is why his fellow NFL players voted him to the Pro Bowl last year.
Reply/Quote
In the depth chat Shaq Calhoun is the back up right guard so maybe he'll start. Price may have come in on Sunday because he was more familiar with the offense at that point

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:35 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Where is this Fred Johnson guy I heard so much about??

I don't think he has been taking any snaps at OG, but if Price struggles I would no be surprised to see him get a shot at RG.

He was working at OG when the Steelers released him last year. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:35 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Where is this Fred Johnson guy I heard so much about??

I think I saw him at lunch with Armon Binns.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Billy did fine against the bolts and beefed up. I'll give him one more chance..
Reply/Quote
Here we go again...

First Waynes now Filo. Every stinking season we get gutted by injuries.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: Here we go again...

I thought he was carted off with cramps? if so, drink some freaken Gatorade. So now I have 2 questions:

1. If not cramps, what is the injury?

2. Is this one of our famous mysterious injuries where they make it sound like a player will be ready in a week or so and then 10 weeks later they are DTD?

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought he was carted off with cramps? if so, drink some freaken Gatorade. So now I have 2 questions:

1. If not cramps, what is the injury?

2. Is this one of our famous mysterious injuries where they make it sound like a player will be ready in a week or so and then 10 weeks later they are DTD?

The cramps belonged to DJ Reader.  XSF sprained an ankle.  The ankle injury was announced during the broadcast and Zac said after the game it was a multi week injury

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: Here we go again...

I was genuinely surprised that during the last offseason the medical staff didn't get the boot.
But, honestly, what NFL team doesn't have to endure significant absences due to injury? This isn't the ridiculous injury list that we have had in years past, like last year with Green and Jonah out for the season before week 1.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:35 PM)pally Wrote: The cramps belonged to DJ Reader.  XSF sprained an ankle.  The ankle injury was announced during the broadcast and Zac said after the game it was a multi week injury

Awesome. Thanks man!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I guess that is why his fellow NFL players voted him to the Pro Bowl last year.

Right? Amazing how a guy who disappeared "a long time ago" was named to the all-decade team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure we can afford to lose an OL to IR and replace him on the roster with a shitty kicker. Come on now.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Geno Atkins disappeared a long time ago. Big Grin

Damn, your heavy negative early this year. Don't fall off the wagon yet.

Reply/Quote
There must be something we don't know about Ron Leary for him not to be signed by a team yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m not sure we can afford to lose an OL to IR and replace him on the roster with a shitty kicker. Come on now.

Billy Price, Fred Johnson, and Shaq Calhoun all play guard.  Plus they can active Keaton Sutherland from the PS for the game.  On a short week adding someone who doesn't know the offense won't help much

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think he has been taking any snaps at OG, but if Price struggles I would no be surprised to see him get a shot at RG.

He was working at OG when the Steelers released him last year. 

Fred Johnson was taking snaps with the first team at RG during training camp 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote