Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavier Worthy breaks combine 40 time
Xavier Worthy's profile has not changed since the combine we all knew he was going to be light and run very fast. His hands are his big question mark because he has alot of drops, makes a bunch of body catches, and struggles with contested catches.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You scoff at the Treek Hill comparison; yet trot out a John Ross comparison. 

Tyreek's NFL Draft profile had him at 5'10" 185
Ross' NFL Draft profile had him at 5'11" 188

The only thing he has in common with either is he's fast. I see Tank Dell and Devanta Smith as a better comp

Yep, Ross wasn't some skinny WR, never was. His problem was mental, not physical and yeah Devanta Smith is who I would compare 
Worthy to and Devante has been able to stay reasonably healthy in the NFL which has surprised me. I thought he would of been broken
by now but I was wrong on Devante. Maybe I might be wrong about Worthy and he won't get broken in the NFL, yah never know.

I just don't like Worthy's hands, Adonai Mitchell is way more reliable in this aspect and is a better route runner on top of it.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 02:16 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Good to know.  U have no idea the difference between a compact solid athlete built like a pit bull as suppose maybe a brittle little
Athlete with no meat or muscle on em.  Tall Skinny short skinny don’t do it for me.  Nobody has ever looked at tyreke hill and said he’s short…… and skinny.  Dude built like a brick house.  Was Ross.  No.  Is worthy no.  Go back to pop ups bro.

Hill is in the 3.8 percentile for WR's as far as height and the 24.2 percentile as far as weight.  He is "tiny" by NFL standards, but you were ranting about staying away from "tiny" players in a "big man's game.". Basically, you made an ignorant statement, got called on it, and now you're trying to walk it back.  And Ross was bigger than Hill, genius.  So you made another ignorant statement trying to walk back your original ignorant statement.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You scoff at the Treek Hill comparison; yet trot out a John Ross comparison. 

Tyreek's NFL Draft profile had him at 5'10" 185
Ross' NFL Draft profile had him at 5'11" 188

The only thing he has in common with either is he's fast. I see Tank Dell and Devanta Smith as a better comp

Dell is the best comp for him, easily.  The Slim Reaper is over 6', so while skinny, he's not undersized from a height perspective.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 12:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: Currently, we need immediate starters at...

RT
WR
TE
NT

Obviously, this will change as FA unfolds.  We have a serviceable starter at 3 tech and there's no NT worth our 1st, so it's hard for me to justify 3 tech as a need.  That's a "want to upgrade" position, not a need.  Also hard to justify spending 3 straight 1st's on defense.

As for John Ross flashbacks, do people get Cedric Ogbuehi or Billy Price flashbacks every time OL is mentioned in the 1st?  

That said, Worthy isn't worth the #18 pick, either, and I'm certainly not advocating he be drafted at that spot.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a WR selected in Rd 1/2 with a plan to have that player start either in the slot or give Chase more reps in the slot (he had his best game in 2023 working primarily from slot) and have the new guy play outside opposite Higgins. Then if Higgins ends up leaving after this season, they already have their new 2nd option in the door.

FA will hopefully fill at least a couple of these holes for the Bengals, making them not have to worry so much about need in the draft.

If the Bengals go WR in the draft and have their RT added in FA, I'm really interested in Brian Thomas Jr.
That dude looks like he'd really boost the offense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 03:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Xavier Worthy's profile has not changed since the combine we all knew he was going to be light and run very fast. His hands are his big question mark because he has alot of drops, makes a bunch of body catches, and struggles with contested catches.
If X is there with our 2nd and we didn't go WR in 1; I'd take a shot.

He's not worth our 18 because this class is so deep. I just dislike how quickly this board is to go to extremes. So far he's been compared to Tyreek Hill and John Ross.

He's what he is. Folks pointing "Look at Tank Dell getting injured" are not taking into account how he was injured. 300 lb linemen get injured in a goal line scrum and that's how Dell got injured. The sainty of using a 165 lb WR to lead block on the goal line was insane. Use him where he should be used. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 03:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me to see a WR selected in Rd 1/2 with a plan to have that player start either in the slot or give Chase more reps in the slot (he had his best game in 2023 working primarily from slot) and have the new guy play outside opposite Higgins. Then if Higgins ends up leaving after this season, they already have their new 2nd option in the door.

FA will hopefully fill at least a couple of these holes for the Bengals, making them not have to worry so much about need in the draft.

If the Bengals go WR in the draft and have their RT added in FA, I'm really interested in Brian Thomas Jr.
That dude looks like he'd really boost the offense.

Well said, using Chase in the Slot just makes sense and Brian Thomas Jr on the outside just seems like a natural fit with his size/speed combo.

LSU as well on top of all of this just makes sense. Get our RT in FA along with another DT and this opens up this possibility IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If X is there with our 2nd and we didn't go WR in 1; I'd take a shot.

He's not worth our 18 because this class is so deep. I just dislike how quickly this board is to go to extremes. So far he's been compared to Tyreek Hill and John Ross.

He's what he is. Folks pointing "Look at Tank Dell getting injured" are not taking into account how he was injured. 300 lb linemen get injured in a goal line scrum and that's how Dell got injured. The sainty of using a 165 lb WR to lead block on the goal line was insane. Use him where he should be used. 

I'm less on Worthy about his weight than his bad hands but.. you say we can't use Tank Dell? How about Dede Westbrook? The list of successful WRs in the last 20 years that weigh around 170ish lbs is a list of one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said, using Chase in the Slot just makes sense and Brian Thomas Jr on the outside just seems like a natural fit with his size/speed combo.

LSU as well on top of all of this just makes sense. Get our RT in FA along with another DT and this opens up this possibility IMO.

I also want to see the Bengals deploy more 12 personnel to not only better help blocking in the run game but also disguise passing plays some...provided the Bengals actually get a guy who can both block and catch.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I also want to see the Bengals deploy more 12 personnel to not only better help blocking in the run game but also disguise passing plays some...provided the Bengals actually get a guy who can both block and catch.

I like it, a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 05:09 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm less on Worthy about his weight than his bad hands but.. you say we can't use Tank Dell? How about Dede Westbrook? The list of successful WRs in the last 20 years that weigh around 170ish lbs is a list of one.

Never said we couldn't "use" Tank; more than happy to. The dude was ballin' before they made him an interior olineman on the goal line. I simply disagree with folks pointing to him being small as to why he got hurt. Dude got hurt because a 300 lb dude rolled up on his leg. 

We can't use DeDe because I was not allowed to use DeVonta, who is the same height as DeDe, just 3 lbs lighter. Seems like only yesterday I was having this same discussion in reference to him. 

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If X is there with our 2nd and we didn't go WR in 1; I'd take a shot.

There's plenty of injury prone big dudes in the league too, to be fair.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 12:32 AM)Whatever Wrote: There's plenty of injury prone big dudes in the league too, to be fair.

Yeah, little guys usually don't work out because they're little and the speed/shiftiness that got them this far doesn't work in the pros. 

I'll give it that I've had high hopes for some. I was sure Mario Alford was going to make a difference on the Bengals and would have loved to have gotten Dri Archer. But they didn't washout because they got hurt...

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 12:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, little guys usually don't work out because they're little and the speed/shiftiness that got them this far doesn't work in the pros. 

I'll give it that I've had high hopes for some. I was sure Mario Alford was going to make a difference on the Bengals and would have loved to have gotten Dri Archer. But they didn't washout because they got hurt...
Yeah I was a huge fan of Dri Archer myself that dude was electric!
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 03:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hill is in the 3.8 percentile for WR's as far as height and the 24.2 percentile as far as weight.  He is "tiny" by NFL standards, but you were ranting about staying away from "tiny" players in a "big man's game.". Basically, you made an ignorant statement, got called on it, and now you're trying to walk it back.  And Ross was bigger than Hill, genius.  So you made another ignorant statement trying to walk back your original ignorant statement.

U know exactly what I’m taking about. And I feel bad u can’t see the difference between Ross and hills body. Ray Charles can. Continue with pop ups
Reply/Quote
if the return game still ment anything... id be more interested
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the return game still ment anything... id be more interested

There is talk of it coming back using X (What a coincidence)FL rules.

The teams line up 5 yards apart (20-25) and you have 1 returner deep. 

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 12:45 AM)pulses Wrote: Yeah I was a huge fan of Dri Archer myself that dude was electric!

Until the stealers drafted him of course. Then I wanted Archer to fail, just the way it goes.

(03-05-2024, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is talk of it coming back using X (What a coincidence)FL rules.

The teams line up 5 yards apart (20-25) and you have 1 returner deep. 

Guess that would be better than what the NFL is currently doing and would be a lot better than that crap they were saying in another 
thread that would all but eliminate Kick Returns and would pretty much ruin the game.
Reply/Quote