Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox Live Gold Price Going..... UP
So it looks like the price of Xbox live gold is going up. Or rather losing the benefit of buying in bulk to help push people to game pass ultimate. Which likely will then get increased.

Currently xbox live is 9.99 a month if you pay monthly and you could get a year @ 59.99 which came out to 5 dollars a month.

You can still find those year cards for 60 i just purchased one earlier this week before i heard about the price hike.

Now the new pricing will be 10.99 a month... if you pay monthly (so only a dollar increase)

But now 6 months will cost 60$ so you are losing any real benefit of buying a year at a time.

I believe this move is to help push people to Game pass ultimate which includes gold and is currently 15.99 a month. (or 14.99 not sure)
And no current news of its price going up despite it just being the bundle of 9.99 gamepass and 5 or 6 dollars for gold each month.

I believe this price will go up very soon if you are a member of game pass.

Hopefully they reconsider cause i have no need for gamepass really i can afford 10 a month for gold but im trending towards more single player games in my old age lol....

IMO... gold has only been 5 a month(when buying a year at a time) for about 20 years now so a price hike was coming eventually... It's just horrible timing with people waiting to buy new consoles and the pandemic.

Just a heads up if you are a gold member but don't use game pass or no desire for game pass you might want to stock up on gold at the cheaper prices while you can. I believe you can preload up to a max of 3 years worth.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I'd been thinking about getting gold again as my daughter likes to play a few games with her friends.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well that's just freakin' awesome.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 04:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So it looks like the price of Xbox live gold is going up.  Or rather losing the benefit of buying in bulk  to help push people to game pass ultimate.  Which likely will then get increased.

Currently xbox live is 9.99 a month if you pay monthly and you could get a year @ 59.99  which came out to 5 dollars a month.

You can still find those year cards for 60 i just purchased one earlier this week before i heard about the price hike.

Now the new pricing will be 10.99 a month...  if you pay monthly  (so only a dollar increase)  

But now 6 months will cost 60$  so you are losing any real benefit of buying a year at a time.

I believe this move is to help push people to Game pass ultimate which includes gold and is currently 15.99 a month. (or 14.99 not sure)
And no current news of its price going up despite it just being the bundle of 9.99 gamepass and 5 or 6 dollars for gold each month.

I believe this price will go up very soon if you are a member of game pass.

Hopefully they reconsider cause i have no need for gamepass really i can afford 10 a month for gold but im trending towards more single player games in my old age lol....

IMO...  gold has only been 5 a month(when buying a year at a time) for about 20 years now so a price hike was coming eventually... It's just horrible timing with people waiting to buy new consoles and the pandemic.

Just a heads up if you are a gold member but don't use game pass or no desire for game pass you might want to stock up on gold at the cheaper prices while you can.      I believe you can preload up to a max of 3 years worth.

Thanks Xeno.  You the man.  I'm going to go right now and add as much time as it will let me.  Right when I was saving for the next gen, and trying to keep afloat during this pandemic.  You're right, excellent timing on Microsoft!  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. I'd been thinking about getting gold again as my daughter likes to play a few games with her friends.

Sounds like you better get 2 or 3 years worth.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:44 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Thanks Xeno.  You the man.  I'm going to go right now and add as much time as it will let me.  Right when I was saving for the next gen, and trying to keep afloat during this pandemic.  You're right, excellent timing on Microsoft!  

Well they came back and changed their mind lol.. So the price hike now isnt happening at least yet.. 
Reply/Quote