Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox's 20th Anniversary
Today is Xbox's and Halo's 20th birthday. They have an event Scheduled for 1:00 PM EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hubGRUpzQCg

--Possible New Back compat games or enhanced back compat games
--Halo News (rumors of a announcement about the MP)

What are some of your favorite xbox memories over the last 20 years.

*** I have been on xbox since it first game out And Halo was one of the greatest games i ever played at the time.

Many memories of LAN parties with that first xbox and Halo and carrying around that heavy ass tv.
360 era saw a ton of game franchises come to existence.
x1 while not the greatest generation it lead to Game passes coming into existence
Series X/S these are great... Its weird not to wait for loading anymore.

I still own games across all 4 generations and they all still are playable on my new xbox.

Some Interesting things with Xbox
-First to have a built in Hard Drive for saved games
-First to have a plug for an ethernet cord
-First Dedicated online console gaming service (and voice chat i believe)
-Started their Play Anywhere (so buy the title once play on console or PC)
-Game pass (subscription game service)
-Cloud gaming. Will allow streaming of games to basically anything that can play them.

Probly some more im forgetting
Reply/Quote
Xbox 360 is probably my favorite console. Huge range of games, solid graphics, and no massive installs and downloads.

I still have 3 of them lol. I buy them out of classifieds and at yard sales.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My father's sister in law worked for Microsoft so we had the OG XBOX and could get any game made by Microsoft at a heavy discount.

Bought the 360 with one of my first paychecks. Unfortunately bought about 4 total because of red rings and the like.

The XBOX One was my first console that served as my whole entertainment hub.

I'll probably never buy another XBox system, but each of the others had their moments.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 04:08 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My father's sister in law worked for Microsoft so we had the OG XBOX and could get any game made by Microsoft at a heavy discount.

Bought the 360 with one of my first paychecks. Unfortunately bought about 4 total because of red rings and the like.

I'll probably never buy another XBox system, but each of the others had their moments.

Isn't that known as an aunt? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 02:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Xbox 360 is probably my favorite console. Huge range of games, solid graphics, and no massive installs and downloads.

I still have 3 of them lol. I buy them out of classifieds and at yard sales.

i still have 2 working ones about to give one to my father in law who cant physically get out to go fishing anymore  SO i bought him the fishing game that comes with a rod/reel like controller that you have to cast and reel in..  Figured he liked that...  
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 04:08 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My father's sister in law worked for Microsoft so we had the OG XBOX and could get any game made by Microsoft at a heavy discount.

i think my OG white 360 got sent in 4 times for the RROD   the 4th time i was charged then they refunded my money. So all repairs were free (except the waiting part lol) They used to do that thing where they would send you a temp console to use while yours was being repaired. which was nice.

Moved to PC?
Reply/Quote
So they Announced Halo Infinite Multiplayer is now live and can be played.. (Still the beta but progress will carry over on 12/8)

And they added 70 games to the Back compat program but said these will likely be the Last of the back compat due to licensing and other limitations.

the list can be found here
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/xbox-has-announced-over-70-new-backward-compatible-games/?scrlybrkr=a4ca7108

Notables are the Fear Series, Dead or Alive games and Max Payne games and a few others

Additionally several back compat games got FPS boost and other enhancements so they play and look better on the newer xboxes..
Gears series and older fallout titles were included.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 09:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think my OG white 360 got sent in 4 times for the RROD   the 4th time i was charged then they refunded my money. So all repairs were free (except the waiting part lol) They used to do that thing where they would send you a temp console to use while yours was being repaired. which was nice.

Moved to PC?

I actually shouldn't say never to another Xbox. I really did enjoy it as the hub for all of the entertainment. Though that was before I had a smart TV. It might be a little less useful now with TVs that can do everything that the Xbox One did. I will say that I was tempted by Halo Infinite as I have many a good memory of the Halo series and used to love FPS games in general. But the focus of FPS games have mostly been multiplayer nowadays. I usually just have more fun playing DOOM on the PC.

For now I've mostly shelved gaming. Have a two year old, wife due with another in January. Moved into way too big a house in the middle of the woods so there's always something that needs to get done inside or out. With few exceptions (the first 2D Metroid in 20 years for example) I'm limited to when I'm on the treadmill or if I'm feeling lazy at work to boot up the Switch. LOL

Who knows, maybe in a couple of years if my boy is interested in games I'll be able to dust off a few things. But I've already promised myself that I'm starting him off with the NES and Battletoads. He's going to have to earn it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 10:56 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I actually shouldn't say never to another Xbox. I really did enjoy it as the hub for all of the entertainment. Though that was before I had a smart TV. It might be a little less useful now with TVs that can do everything that the Xbox One did. I will say that I was tempted by Halo Infinite as I have many a good memory of the Halo series and used to love FPS games in general. But the focus of FPS games have mostly been multiplayer nowadays. I usually just have more fun playing DOOM on the PC.

For now I've mostly shelved gaming. Have a two year old, wife due with another in January. Moved into way too big a house in the middle of the woods so there's always something that needs to get done inside or out. With few exceptions (the first 2D Metroid in 20 years for example) I'm limited to when I'm on the treadmill or if I'm feeling lazy at work to boot up the Switch. LOL

Who knows, maybe in a couple of years if my boy is interested in games I'll be able to dust off a few things. But I've already promised myself that I'm starting him off with the NES and Battletoads. He's going to have to earn it. 

Well congrats and life always trumps gaming...  But yeah make the kid earn it.  lol.

Soon with xbox you might never need to get another BOX as they are working on getting a streaming app for Tvs... lol
Reply/Quote