Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y'all still want him or no?
(11-27-2018, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And….  He was claimed by the Redskins.

Claimed or Signed?

I didn't want the Bengals to claim the waiver but would have liked to see them sign him if he passed waivers and became a free agent.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Foster will likely be on one of those clickbait sites of Whatever happened to....... on the 93rd click and 6.7 million ads later.. 

Normally I don't much care what kind of trouble players get into off the field, but I can make an exception for Foster . No thanks..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:23 PM)Synric Wrote: Claimed or Signed?

I didn't want the Bengals to claim the waiver but would have liked to see them sign him if he passed waivers and became a free agent.

He can play but he has had injury issues and seems to be quite stupid to boot.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:24 PM)McC Wrote: He can play but he has had injury issues and seems to be quite stupid to boot.

For some reason I was thinking foster went closer to the top of the first round....

Bengals should have claimed him. It really wouldn't have hurt the team even if he never played a snap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:23 PM)Synric Wrote: Claimed or Signed?

Claimed.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25394305/former-49ers-lb-reuben-foster-claimed-redskins

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Claimed.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25394305/former-49ers-lb-reuben-foster-claimed-redskins

Redskins would try out Ted Bundy if he were still alive and free..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 01:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He' probably getting suspended 8-16 games of next season, not to mention a possible suspension for the remainder of this season. I'd ask what's the point of claiming/signing somebody that likely won't play until November of next season?

Cause we're still gonna suck by then too. This is chess not checkers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Reuben Foster just needs to do his job...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
No way. Reuben Foster will become scared of drawing flags, just like Vontaze Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 04:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I know a ton of y'all wanted us to draft him(not me). U guys said we were idiots not to. Apparently our organization did do it's homework

Breaking: #49ers LB Reuben Foster was arrested for domestic-violence battery at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, where the team is staying before playing the #Bucs, per @Eric_Branch.

Foster was Marvin Lewis' pick. Duke wanted Ross. But at least Foster does his job on the field. Off the field Ross is more likely to get his ass kicked by his girl friend rather than the other way around.  Ninja  Laugh, I couldn't resist.

A lot of people on this board didn't want Foster. A lot didn't want Ross either, at least with the #9 pick.

I wanted Barnett, who has turned out to be a dud as well.

Mahomes, Watson, etc weren't on many Bengals' fans minds because we all knew the team wasn't going to pick a QB who would make Dalton look over his shoulder.

Reply/Quote
Having Reuben Foster claimed by the Redskins will make it easier for Cincinnati to unload Vontaze Burfict. He has outlived his usefulness here.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Having Reuben Foster claimed by the Redskins will make it easier for Cincinnati to unload Vontaze Burfict.  He has outlived his usefulness here.

As nice of a thought as it is, "unloading" Burfict might prove to be a bit difficult.  Unlike Foster, who is young with tremendous upside on the field, and has only had off the field issues, Burfict is the current NFL "poster child", "whipping boy", etc. for the commissioner to make an example of.  Just like James Harrison was before him.  Honestly, Vontaze Burfict has seemed to be beaten, battered, and defeated in his limited action this season.  I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up retiring after this season.

I think it would be quite tough to get any team to offer anything of value, let alone take the rest of Burfict's contract, at this point in time.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As nice of a thought as it is, "unloading" Burfict might prove to be a bit difficult.  Unlike Foster, who is young with tremendous upside on the field, and has only had off the field issues, Burfict is the current NFL "poster child", "whipping boy", etc. for the commissioner to make an example of.  Just like James Harrison was before him.  Honestly, Vontaze Burfict has seemed to be beaten, battered, and defeated in his limited action this season.  I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up retiring after this season.

I think it would be quite tough to get any team to offer anything of value, let alone take the rest of Burfict's contract, at this point in time.

My feelings as well. I think you can stick a fork in Burfict cause he's done.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My feelings as well. I think you can stick a fork in Burfict cause he's done.

What the hell happened to that guy? Was it all PED? The man was the Tasmanian devil... Always making plays, and wrecking shop. It seems he's only made a couple of plays since he levelled Antonio Brown 3 years ago.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:27 PM)jason Wrote: What the hell happened to that guy? Was it all PED? The man was the Tasmanian devil... Always making plays, and wrecking shop. It seems he's only made a couple of plays since he levelled Antonio Brown 3 years ago.

The guy only knows one speed, wide open.  When you take that away from him, you've only got a shell of him on the field.  Could you even imagine a Lawrence Taylor, or Ray Lewis trying to play "cautiously" because of the rules and such?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:27 PM)jason Wrote: What the hell happened to that guy? Was it all PED? The man was the Tasmanian devil... Always making plays, and wrecking shop. It seems he's only made a couple of plays since he levelled Antonio Brown 3 years ago.

It's a combination of several things, the Burfict storm if you will. He's lost his football shape because he's missed so many games over the last few seasons. The PED's are probably a factor. The injuries have took the edge off of him, there's just that shadow of a doubt that his next good hard hit is his last. Just being a Bengal under the Mike and Merv show anybody would lose their edge.

And biggest of all the NFL has made him into the current whipping boy. some brought on by himself, some just he was a convenient target. Which basically has pulled his teeth. His heart just isn't really in it.

His style of play, like it or not is a relic of the past !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's a combination of several things, the Burfict storm if you will. He's lost his football shape because he's missed so many games over the last few seasons. The PED's are probably a factor. The injuries have took the edge off of him, there's just that shadow of a doubt that his next good hard hit is his last. Just being a Bengal under the Mike and Merv show anybody would lose their edge.

And biggest of all the NFL has made him into the current whipping boy. some brought on by himself, some just he was a convenient target. Which basically has pulled his teeth. His heart just isn't really in it.

His style of play, like it or not is a relic of the past !

It sucks man. I loved watching him at his peak. I'm old enough to remember both Super Bowls so it wasn't the epitome of excitement, but when he sacked Ben then intercepted Landry in 2015 that was the most excited I'd been about the Bengals in 30 years. People knocked him for running off the field, but the game was over... He just made the play that sealed it.... Of course that excitement was fleeting.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The guy only knows one speed, wide open.  When you take that away from him, you've only got a shell of him on the field.  Could you even imagine a Lawrence Taylor, or Ray Lewis trying to play "cautiously" because of the rules and such?

That's probably a big part if it. In all honesty everyone on the defense looks so bad that it's hard to believe that there isn't a mutiny going on. I can't believe these are the same guys from 3-4 years ago.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:36 PM)jason Wrote: It sucks man. I loved watching him at his peak. I'm old enough to remember both Super Bowls so it wasn't the epitome of excitement, but when he sacked Ben then intercepted Landry in 2015 that was the most excited I'd been about the Bengals in 30 years. People knocked him for running off the field, but the game was over... He just made the play that sealed it.... Of course that excitement was fleeting.

Oh I'm old enough as well, lol. 1st and goal at the 3 and we had Pete Johnson, it was a done deal........well it seemed it was, anyways. 

I'll never forget jumping up out of my chair at the interception, again it was a done deal, so many years of pain and misery over........ until it wasn't. I sat back down and stared at the ceiling speechless for like 5 minutes.

It's sad to see Burfict go out this way, but so many things end up being sad as a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 12:04 PM)lone bengal Wrote:  Guys that have issues in college usally have isssues in the NFL as well.

Except for Joe Mixon.
Reply/Quote