Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOUR Top 5 Teams
Since most of these rankings are written by biased and ignorant media outlets, I thought this could be an opportunity for the fans to give a more rational perspective. And just doing a Top 5 is enough. No one wants to rank ALL 32 teams.

Here goes mine, a little different than most media outlets...

1: New England
This is obvious. They continue to be the anomaly of the NFL and win, win, win with a seeming rag-tag group of guys. They are the real life plug-and-play team. I mean, Dion Lewis? He was just cut by the Clowns! But he goes with Belichick and Brady and becomes a real threat. It's quite amazing. It will be a sad day when Brady and Belichick are gone (not for the rest of the NFL though).

T-4: Cincinnati
The most talented and balanced team in the NFL. Weapons all over the offense. One of the best (if the not the best) offensive line in the NFL. A monster at DT by the name of Geno. And possibly the most loaded secondary in the league. If it weren't for Andy and Marvin Lewis, they would easily be number 1. They are the anti-Pats. Rather than a great QB and coach surrounded by random player, the Bengals have an average QB and coach surrounded by great players. We will have to see if Marv and Andy can step up when it counts.

T-4: Pittsburgh
Far and away the most explosive offense in the NFL. And they're just getting started. Bell is coming back this week. M. Bryant next week. Along with Antonio Brown and Big Ben, I don't know how you keep this team under 28 points. I don't care who you are. Obviously the defense is concerning. But with that explosive of an offense, they might not have to stop anyone.

T-4: Arizona
Very similar to Cincinnati in terms of balance. An explosive offense, and a tremendous defense. The only true concern with Arizona is if they need Palmer to win games. I saw Palmer play every snap in Cincinnati, and I am shocked at how he is performing now. Maybe he needed a change of environment, but nothing post-2005 showed me he could hang with the elite QBs in the league. Yes, the same could be same for Cincinnati today with Dalton. But with Palmer's age and lower-talent around him, I have less faith in him than any playoff QB.

5: Green Bay
Would easily be #2 if not for Jordy Nelson being hurt. I know these first 2 weeks that the Pack have played fine without him, but he is of the elite caliber. And we all know it's hard to win in the NFL with major injuries. They will be good in his absence, but great? I don't think so. His injury will affect them long term.
Reply/Quote
1. Pats
2. Packers
3. Bengals
4. Cards
5. Denver

Bengals and Cards are very close. Gave Cincy the nod because they have beaten better teams.

Pack and pats are the top 2. It's hard to knock them with their QB's.

And the Broncos are a distant 5 from then top 4.
Reply/Quote
1. Bengals (since I was 5 or so)
2. Whomever is playing the Steelers
3. Carson Palmer's team
4. Bears (also since I was 5 or so)
5. Patriots/Cowboys (teams that make Steelers fans mad)

The short of my story is that I'm from Pittsburgh and my father and his brothers were huge Steelers fans but got sick of idiot fans turning on Bradshaw and cheering when he was injured so they could start some crappy backup QB. Typical "local fans are idiots" stuff. They were anti-Steelers after the Bradshaw era so my cousin and I became Bengals and Oilers fans by proxy of watching the family cheer for them against the dastardly Steelers in the 80s. Fun eh?

EDIT
Oh wait, I misread and thought this was our top 5 favorites as fans. Here is my top 5 in the NFL at the moment, then (the Bears aren't top 5, if you were wondering)

1. Patriots
2. Packers
3. Cardinals
4. Bengals
5. Maybe the Seahawks since Chancellor is back and they are going to be 2-2 soon without even trying
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1 - Pats
2 - Packers
3 - Arizona
4 - Cincy
5 - Panthers

Other teams that could hop up: Jets, Seahawks, Steelers and Ravens. Especially keeping my eyes on the Jets. Todd Bowles is a good coach and this is his first HC gig.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 02:31 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: 1 - Pats
2 - Packers
3 - Arizona
4 - Cincy
5 - Panthers

Other teams that could hop up: Jets, Seahawks, Steelers and Ravens. Especially keeping my eyes on the Jets. Todd Bowles is a good coach and this is his first HC gig.

It's hard to buy in on the Panthers yet since they took down two ho-hum teams in less than convincing fashion AND Newton is carrying that team so if he is off a bit they're going to falter.  Jets can't go forever with Fitz as QB, he just can't take that team to the top 5.  Steelers could be a real threat, especially since they have the chance to directly play us twice.
Reply/Quote
1. the patriots.  I am so sick of hearing about them.  everytime i turn on the network or espn its always about tom brady or bill belicheck or gronk or deflatgate or robert kraft or, etc.  the list goes on and on.  but they look to be the best team in the league this year so far. 

2. the steelers.  just trying to jinx them.  maybe if i say they are this good, it'll spoil their season and fall flat on fat ben's face.

3. the Pack-  how do you not like this team?  Aaron Rogers is still a beast, with or without Jordy Nelson.  makes James Jones look like a HOFer.

4. the Cardinals-  a complete team.  very solid at every position. their season will go as far as Carson Palmer can take them. 

5. Jets- nasty defense.  finally have a good head coach.  this team is someone to watch out for. 

No mention of the Bengals because I don't want to jinx them. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 02:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's hard to buy in on the Panthers yet since they took down two ho-hum teams in less than convincing fashion AND Newton is carrying that team so if he is off a bit they're going to falter.  Jets can't go forever with Fitz as QB, he just can't take that team to the top 5.  Steelers could be a real threat, especially since they have the chance to directly play us twice.

They have yet to play anyone. Same for the cards but I think they are well built.
Reply/Quote
Green Bay
Arizona
New England
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
1 Patriots
2 Packers
3 Bengals
4 Cardinals
5 Bills (slightly over Pittsburgh because of the defense)

Seattle isn't far behind.  0-2 be damned.  There is no shame in either of those losses.  They'll be 2-2, and on a roll, when they come to Cincinnati.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
1. Patriots

2. Packers

3. Bengals

4. Steelers

5. Cardinals

Patriots will be interesting to see against a good offense.

Packers beat a good defensive team in Seattle.

Bengals have shown their depth and versatility. Waiting on consistency.

Worry about the Steelers defense. Also want to see that offense against a good defense.

Cardinals have the make of a good team. But can they beat a good defensive team team? Haven't seen it with Palmer yet (besides that 4 INT game he played against the Seahawks)
Reply/Quote
Everyone in this thread put New England at #1 am except for me. You guys really think that they've looked better than Green Bay? Arizona? Cincinnati? They're a great team, no doubt, but they haven't been so impressive that they should be considered the unanimous #1.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 12:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Everyone in this thread put New England at #1 am except for me.  You guys really think that they've looked better than Green Bay? Arizona? Cincinnati?  They're a great team, no doubt, but they haven't been so impressive that they should be considered the unanimous #1.

No I think both are about even. I think they suffer from the same problems pittsburgh does. lack of a defense. It's not going to be a shoot out va a good defense. And I am not sure what the packers have on defense yet. I do think the cards and bengals are two most balanced teams.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 12:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Everyone in this thread put New England at #1 am except for me.  You guys really think that they've looked better than Green Bay? Arizona? Cincinnati?  They're a great team, no doubt, but they haven't been so impressive that they should be considered the unanimous #1.

They handled two teams that everybody seems to be pretty high on.  Neither game was as close as the final score made them seem.  They also have the longest win streak in the league.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I'd say the Patriots beat the best teams in the 2 weeks, thus far.

1. Pats beat Steelers and @ Bills
2. Packers beat @ Bears and Seahawks
3. Cardinals beat Saints and @ Bears
4. Bengals beat @ Raiders and Chargers

(09-25-2015, 06:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They have yet to play anyone.    Same for the cards but I think they are well built.

I can't argue too much, but the Cardinals beat Brees and the Saints by a decent amount and they completely curb-stomped the Bears (more than the Packers did) by scoring on ST, defense, and offense.  48 points on the road?  That's about as well as you can beat any team in the NFL regardless of actual aptitude.
Reply/Quote
I take it back.  New England is #1.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:35 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I take it back.  New England is #1.

Patriots are #1. If Marv had 50% of Belichicks 'go for the kill' mentality, the Bengals would be right on their heels.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Patriots are #1. If Marv had 50% of Belichicks 'go for the kill' mentality, the Bengals would be right on their heels.

Hell, Arians is throwing it all over the 49ers. Not ole Marv though. Get a 2 score lead and try and hang on for dear life.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
1. Patriots
2. GreenBay
3. Bengals
4. Cardinals
5. Atlanta..
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hell, Arians is throwing it all over the 49ers. Not ole Marv though. Get a 2 score lead and try and hang on for dear life.

you mean like calling for the TD pass on 4th and 1 before the half>?
Reply/Quote
Pats
Packers
Cards
Bengals
Broncos

Tough call between Broncos and Panthers. Next 5 in no order: Panthers, Falcons, Bills, Steelers, Cowboys (once they get Dez and Romo back)
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote