Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahoo Mock: Foster and Walker
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-mock-draft-3-0-six-quarterbacks-land-in-two-round-projection-151720662.html

I would be over the moon excited if we got both of these guys in the same draft. I am of the mind that we can get a Center in the 3rd or move back into the 2nd and then get a HB in the 4th and be pretty set for next season. No rookie Tackle is going to fix our issues so we need to figure it out with a 1 year stop gap or the guys we have getting better.
Reply/Quote
Yes, yes, yes please!!!! That'd be an A+++++
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-mock-draft-3-0-six-quarterbacks-land-in-two-round-projection-151720662.html

I would be over the moon excited if we got both of these guys in the same draft. I am of the mind that we can get a Center in the 3rd or move back into the 2nd and then get a HB in the 4th and be pretty set for next season. No rookie Tackle is going to fix our issues so we need to figure it out with a 1 year stop gap or the guys we have getting better.
This is not a good mock imo they have  Bunch of top 10 picks falling to late first early second. Like our picks especially Walker but the draft most likely won't happen this way. 
Reply/Quote
Like the two picks for us. Otherwise, some real head scratchers in there.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: This is not a good mock imo they have  Bunch of top 10 picks falling to late first early second. Like our picks especially Walker but the draft most likely won't happen this way. 

That's obvious, but every year guys we think our top 10 picks early in the process do end up free falling during the process, so it really isn't that far fetched.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: This is not a good mock imo they have  Bunch of top 10 picks falling to late first early second. Like our picks especially Walker but the draft most likely won't happen this way. 

I see what you're saying but if you look at the top 10 picks in the mock I don't this it's far fetched that any of the ones they picked go in the top 10. Now I don't think we'll see 2 WR's and 2 RB's in the top 10 but I wouldn't be shocked to see any of those players in the top 10. CB is really deep this year so a wide variety of things could happen with those guys that can drastically change the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:13 AM)Au 165 Wrote: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-mock-draft-3-0-six-quarterbacks-land-in-two-round-projection-151720662.html

I cant really read it because i rage deleted my yahoo fantasy app after losing in the playoffs by a fractional point
Reply/Quote
Well, i would be very happy with those first two picks. :andy:
Reply/Quote
That would be a fantastic first 2 rounds
Reply/Quote
I would love this, but i think it will be DE Barnett then LB J.Davis. I can live with that also.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 05:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would love this, but i think it will be DE Barnett then LB J.Davis. I can live with that also.

I also would be okay with this as well.
Reply/Quote

Top 10 picks at this stage of the game are never correct. Go back to January of any draft and you'll see wildly different lists than what was ultimately drafted.

The justification for several players dropping makes a lot of sense and many of their predictions, like Peppers falling to the late 1st round, are firmly within the realm of possibility.
Reply/Quote
Also, I would LOVE if this was what we got out of the first 2 rounds.

Foster has won me over in terms of being picked in the top 10. It isn't my first choice, but in the case, as this draft indicated, with Williams, Barnett, Garrett and Allen all gone, I think this is a great pick.

And getting Walker in the 2nd round is a Carlos Dunlap level steal in my book.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 11:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Top 10 picks at this stage of the game are never correct. Go back to January of any draft and you'll see wildly different lists than what was ultimately drafted.

The justification for several players dropping makes a lot of sense and many of their predictions, like Peppers falling to the late 1st round, are firmly within the realm of possibility.

Yeah, it is so early anything is possible.

(01-12-2017, 11:46 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Also, I would LOVE if this was what we got out of the first 2 rounds.

Foster has won me over in terms of being picked in the top 10. It isn't my first choice, but in the case, as this draft indicated, with Williams, Barnett, Garrett and Allen all gone, I think this is a great pick.

And getting Walker in the 2nd round is a Carlos Dunlap level steal in my book.

For sure, this would be a great start to the Draft.

Just wish we could improve the running game after that. Maybe John Toth and Joe Mixon after Foster and Walker.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it is so early anything is possible.

For sure, this would be a great start to the Draft.

Just wish we could improve the running game after that. Maybe John Toth and Joe Mixon after Foster and Walker.

if we got that that would be our best draft in some time. Plus wjiii and Billings healthy so we actually have a run defense?. After elflien toth is my favorite center. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 09:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: if we got that that would be our best draft in some time. Plus wjiii and Billings healthy so we actually have a run defense?. After elflien toth is my favorite center. 

Agreed on all accounts.

I think Elfein will go earlier than Toth, probably in the early 2nd. Toth could last to the 3rd where we could grab him up.

With Mixon's mess up he could last to the 4th so i find this to be somewhat realistic.

Foster, Walker, Toth, Mixon = BOOM. 
Reply/Quote
This would definitely fill two huge needs and I would be very happy with it. That said, another part of me really wants one of those two elite RBs that should be available.

RB is a huge need considering Gio (knee), Burkhead (FA), Hill (inconsistent). Of course I'm assuming we sign Z & Whit....Hopefully.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 06:54 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This would definitely fill two huge needs and I would be very happy with it. That said, another part of me really wants one of those two elite RBs that should be available.

RB is a huge need considering Gio (knee), Burkhead (FA), Hill (inconsistent).  Of course I'm assuming we sign Z  & Whit....Hopefully.

You insert Foster and Walker, along with a healthy Billings and Jackson, add in Vigil, the defense would be rejuvenated.  I would have no problem if they used both of those picks on the same side of the ball, if they were as high quality as I view those two players.  With the Bengals having 11 picks and McCarron as trade bait, plenty of opportunity to fill all the needs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wonder if any of the inside linebacker types have a shot of falling to the second. It's not exactly a premium position these days. It wouldn't be that shocking to me to see Cunningham or Foster fall to someone in the early second.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You insert Foster and Walker, along with a healthy Billings and Jackson, add in Vigil, the defense would be rejuvenated.  I would have no problem if they used both of those picks on the same side of the ball, if they were as high quality as I view those two players.  With the Bengals having 11 picks and McCarron as trade bait, plenty of opportunity to fill all the needs.

I absolutely agree and I really like Foster. He's who I want, but Fournette & Cook are so damn tempting.

I like Pumphrey out of SD St but he's on the smallish side and of course is a later Rd pick. Lot of holes to fill this year and as you mentioned thank goodness we have a ton of picks.
Reply/Quote