Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Year Out 2018 Mock - Full First Round
This is based on Super Bowl odds for next year so don't get too upset about where this has your team picking because obviously this thing will change all throughout the season until the final draft order is set and even then there is typically some trade (ie. Brandin Cooks).

1. Browns - Calvin Ridley (WR) Alabama - This is going out on a limb a bit here but I didn't want to give the Browns another QB this early. If they ended up this spot again they may take an Allen or Rosen at QB but if they end up in this spot and Kizer didn't play much then I think they hold off and will trade down and have success in doing so because this will be a good QB class. For now, I give them Ridley in the spot but that would most likely happen after a trade down as mentioned.

2. 49ers - Sam Darnold (QB) USC- I was surprised they didn't take a QB at least in the 2nd round and ended up with Beatherd as their guy so I think they realize this was more than a one year process and the talent coming out in 2018 is much better for them to choose from.

3. Jets - Josh Allen (QB) Wyoming - Big bodied QB that would have been taken in the first round this year if he came out. May end up being #1 overall but for now I place him here. I think Hackenburg gets his chance next year to show what he can do at some point but just like in college he will end up under performing. Allen could come in as a first year starter for them here.

4. Rams - Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB) Alabama - I could see the Rams going with an Offensive Tackle for Whitworth to groom here but I think CB is still a big need that they didn't fill during this past draft. If there Offense shows solid improvement they focus on the other side of the ball early next year instead.

5. Bears - Derwin James (S) Florida State - James is an excellent football player and I really thought Jamal Adams had a good shot of landing with the Bears. They were obsessed with Trubisky but next year they must address the secondary early in the draft. James is odds on favorite to be the best Safety and they would love to snag him here.

6. Jaguars - Josh Rosen (QB) UCLA - I think this was be a really easy decision for the Jaguars at this point of the draft. Bortles has not been consistent as the starter and if you are drafting in the top 10 again and have a chance at one of these top QBs you jump all over it.

7. Bills - Mike McGlinchey (OT) Notre Dame - The best OT prospect a year out from the draft IMO. The Bills need to improve the Tackle position and would land a great player here in the mock to help do that.

8. Chargers - Tarvarus McFadden (CB) Florida State - At some point I think they need to find their future QB but they don't necessarily have to do that at pick 8 while Phillip Rivers is still playing good football. McFadden would add to a pretty solid secondary the Chargers have built and they can grab a QB in the 2nd to develop.

9. Lions - Arden Key (DE) LSU - I was surprised they didn't take a pass rusher early in this draft to pair opposite Ansah. With that said, Key would be a heck of a pickup for them. He had a big year at LSU and if he is close to the same production it may be hard to land him outside of the top 5 come next year.

10. Saints - Christian Kirk (WR) Texas A&M - They have some good young WRs already on the roster and need to find a replacement for Brees at some point for the future but I think after losing Cooks they would love to add even more firepower to their offense if a guy like Kirk falls in their lap. Kirk is talented enough to be the first WR off the board.

11. Eagles - Malik Jefferson (LB) Texas - I have their biggest need heading into next year as Linebacker. It wasn't a huge priority this year like the secondary was but I think they did a decent job improving that area and could like to upgrade the LB corp. Also I think Jefferson would likely be around the BPA at this point of the draft based on how well he played last season.

12. Redskins - Cameron Smith (LB) USC - This guy has been a tackling machine for two straight years at MLB and I don't see him slowing down this upcoming season. The Redskins could use that presence in the middle of their defense after improving the interior line with Allen and the outside linebacker spot with Anderson, both from Alabama.

13. Dolphins - Orlando Brown (OT) Oklahoma - A mountain of a football player. At 340 pounds I think he would end up at Right Tackle for the Dolphins opposite of Laremy Tunsil. More protection for Tannehill and run blocking for Ajayi makes a lot of sense.

14. Bengals - Mitch Hyatt (OT) Clemson - I don't feel Ogbuehi will be the answer at Tackle for the Bengals. Drafting a player like Hyatt or a Jamarco Jones as insurance or to possibly even step in and replace him immediately could end up being the need here.

15. Ravens - Deon Cain (WR) Clemson - Clemson has produced a ton of good NFL Wide Receivers lately and that tradition could continue here with Cain. Ravens focused on Defense in this past draft so giving help to Flacco will be a high priority.

16. Buccaneers - Da'Shawn Hand (DE) Alabama - I think this is the year that it all comes together for Hand at Bama. The Bucs could be the beneficiaries of that. They could use some more pass rush and after taking OJ Howard from Bama at Tight End they stick with the same school for this first rounder as well.

17. Titans - Saquon Barkley (RB) Penn State - A player that I think will ultimately go much higher than 17 overall in the real thing but I just had a hard time fitting him with other positions of need for teams like Jets that could snag a RB early. The Titans have some solid RBs in place but Barkley is a game changer and if a talent like this falls in your lap then you can can't pass on him here. Murray isn't getting any younger and this will be a big season for Henry to determine if he is going to be more than a short yardage and goal line player.

18. Cardinals - Mason Rudolph (QB) Oklahoma State - Shocked they didn't take a QB in this draft. Palmer might be done after this upcoming season so they will be looking to add some talent at this position. Rudolph is the big bodied and arm QB they seem to like.

19. Colts - Jamarco Jones (OT) Ohio State - PFF graded this guy as one of the best pass blockers in college football last year. I look for him to build on that and solidify himself as a first round pick for next year. Andrew Luck will appreciate having a player of Jones caliber providing him protection.

20. Vikings - Trey Adams (OT) Washington - Vikings improved the Offensive Line but still couldn't grab the solid Offensive Tackle they needed. I think that will be priority 1 and even though I have a quite a few guys at the position already off the board here they still land a quality piece in Adams.

21. Bills (from Chiefs) - Quin Blanding (S) Virginia - After improving their offensive line with the first pick in this draft I think they look to continue improving the secondary. Blanding would be good value this late in the first round at a major position of need for the Bills.

22. Panthers - Christian Wilkins (DT) Clemson - Would be a steal this late in the draft. Wilkins has top 10 talent. The panthers have done well adding Defensive Ends to their team this offseason but may need a spark on the inside. If they don't go DT then I look for them to address secondary at CB or S.

23. Broncos - Jerome Baker (LB) Ohio State - Baker is a great athlete and football player at the LB position. The Broncos have a solid Defense but the one area I think could use an infusion of youth is at LB. Baker would help out immediately in that area.

24. Giants - Martinas Rankins - (OT) Mississipi State - The one area I was surprised they didn't do much to address in the draft was Offensive Tackle. I can't see them making that mistake two years in a row.

25. Browns (from Texans) - Derrius Guice (RB) LSU - The Browns like Crowell but if you can snag a talented RB of the future late in the 1st round then you should do it. I don't know exactly who they would target here but they have options in Guice, Scarborough, Freeman, and Chubb.

26. Falcons - Martez Ivey (G) Florida - I had Atlanta's number one need coming into this past draft as Guard. They didn't do anything to address it. I think they grab their top rated guy at that position here.

27. Steelers - Mike Gesicky (TE) Penn State - They could use some more talent at Tight End to a pretty stacked roster otherwise. Gesicky is close by and a talented player for the position.

28. Seahawks - Josh Sweat (DE) Florida State - The Seahawks really need an Offensive Tackle but this isn't a team to reach for anything. I could see a trade down here for sure since that is something they are known for. If they stay put and don't go OT then I think DE may be the next position they look at. Sweat has not lived up to his full potential yet but I look for him to have a breakthrough year this coming season.

29. Raiders - Nick Chubb (RB) Georgia - Yes they added Marshawn Lynch in free agency but no one knows how he will do this upcoming season. When you add that to his age I think they begin looking for a look term Running Back to pair with Carr and Cooper on this offense.

30. Packers - Quenton Nelson (OG) Notre Dame - Packers didn't address their need at Guard in this draft so I have that as the year out option to add for this very talented all around football team.

31. Cowboys - Lowell Lotulelei (DT) Utah - The younger brother of Star that could come in and add to a Defensive Line that added pieces on the outside to improve the pass rush. They also added several CB's and a Safety in the most recent draft. I could see them working to bolster the interior depth on the D-Line and Lotulelei or Vita Vea would both be good value.

32.Patriots - Marcus Allen (S) Penn State - Talented Safety for a team that doesn't need a whole lot of help anywhere on their depth chart. I imagine they take whoever they have rated highest available regardless of position or they trade for a veteran player as usual.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice work.

Although if the Browns finish 3-13 or 2-14 and get the #1 pick, there is absolutely no way they pass on Darnold or whoever is the #1 QB. Next year is the first year in quite some time that there are legit franchise QBs avaiable.
Reply/Quote
How do you end up at Pick 14 after you win the superbowl?

Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 12:16 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Nice work.

Although if the Browns finish 3-13 or 2-14 and get the #1 pick, there is absolutely no way they pass on Darnold or whoever is the #1 QB.  Next year is the first year in quite some time that there are legit franchise QBs avaiable.

I agreed and as I mentioned this was based on current Super Bowl odds. I don't think they will end up with the #1 pick again but it is possible. They may take a top QB or Hue may like what they have. I said that if they like Kizer then they would likely trade down and then could target another position like WR and Ridley. I didn't want to do trades but at the same time I didn't want to give them a top QB when I don't think they will be/or stay at #1 if they get it.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 09:02 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: How do you end up at Pick 14 after you win the superbowl?

Cool

Super Bowl odds man....hopefully somebody wins big money on a Super Bowl bet with a Bengals victory.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 09:02 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: How do you end up at Pick 14 after you win the superbowl?

Cool

:andy: :andy: :andy:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote