Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Year of the ???
Why do the Bengals have so many guys with the same name? Last year was all those guys named Tyler. The year before that was all those guys named AJ. This year there's going to be way too many guys named Jake.

Posting for no reason other than I'm bored waiting for September.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jeeez..and here I was thinking this thread was going to be about the Chinese calendar.. I'm so disappointed. 
Forget calendar..Zodiac is more accurate and it's the year of the rooster for those keeping score.. 
Yes, I know.. This is important stuff and nobody should ever have to go through life not knowing which 'year of' it is ..
Last year was the year of the monkey.. I think that was quite fitting. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 01:53 PM)snowy Wrote: Why do the Bengals have so many guys with the same name? Last year was all those guys named Tyler. The year before that was all those guys named AJ. This year there's going to be way too many guys named Jake.

John
Joe
Jordan
Josh
Jake
JJ
Jordan

We have 3 jakes but only 2 are making the team
Reply/Quote
Cat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 02:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We have 3 jakes but only 2 are making the team

[Image: 511V4HA5RJL.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I guess we get to decide who gets to be the rooster.. Off the top of my head I can't remember which ball player had the nick the rooster.. Played for the Astros if I remember right..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 01:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: Jeeez..and here I was thinking this thread was going to be about the Chinese calendar.. I'm so disappointed. 
Forget calendar..Zodiac is more accurate and it's the year of the rooster for those keeping score.. 
Yes, I know.. This is important stuff and nobody should ever have to go through life not knowing which 'year of' it is ..

HA! got it.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 10:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: I guess we get to decide who gets to be the rooster.. Off the top of my head I can't remember which ball player had the nick the rooster.. Played for the Astros if I remember right..

Doug "The Red Rooster" Rader?
Reply/Quote
Grrr used to collect cards. I do remember another rooster, driven me nuts. Have to google that. You remember Oil Can Boyd, or Catfish Hunter. Those were my favorites.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 01:53 PM)snowy Wrote: Why do the Bengals have so many guys with the same name? Last year was all those guys named Tyler. The year before that was all those guys named AJ. This year there's going to be way too many guys named Jake.

Somewhere deep in my closet I have a long sleeve orange t shirt that says "3 Johnsons and a Big Willie".....
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 01:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: Jeeez..and here I was thinking this thread was going to be about the Chinese calendar.. I'm so disappointed. 

HA!
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 11:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Somewhere deep in my closet I have a long sleeve orange t shirt that says "3 Johnsons and a Big Willie".....

lol I had one.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 11:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Grrr used to collect cards. I do remember another rooster, driven me nuts. Have to google that. You remember Oil Can Boyd, or Catfish Hunter. Those were my favorites.

I loved Brad "The Animal" Lesley. Anybody remember his Red's stint besides me? Four years younger than me, and sadly already gone.
Reply/Quote