Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone
Anyone else watching this? It’s on Paramount Network, and stars Kevin Costner. Probably my second favorite series going right now after Better Call Saul. It’s basically a modern day western about Costner’s family who owns the largest ranch in the country located in Montana. They’re at odds with land developers, the chief of a local Indian reservation, etc. The acting is excellent, particularly Costner and Kelly Reilly, who plays his daughter. The locations are absolutely stunning (mostly shot in Montana and Utah). Easily one of the best looking shows on tv right now.

The creator (Taylor Sheridan) also wrote Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River (and directed that one). I was a big fan of his even before this series. Especially Hell or High Water, which is one of my absolute favorite movies of the last few years. Anyway, if you’re into westerns/cowboy type stuff I highly recommend it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
What is Paramount network and where do I find it? Is it on Roku?

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 12:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What is Paramount network and where do I find it? Is it on Roku?

It used to be Spike. I believe it can be found on any basic cable/satellite package. Also, I forgot to mention it’s already on season 3. But I’m sure it’s available to binge on demand.

Reply/Quote
People have shit on Costner forever, but there's a reason why he was arguably the biggest actor in Hollywood at a time; the guy can act and puts a great ton of effort into all his roles; not surprised that he's knocking it out of the park again in this genre.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 05:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: People have shit on Costner forever, but there's a reason why he was arguably the biggest actor in Hollywood at a time; the guy can act and puts a great ton of effort into all his roles; not surprised that he's knocking it out of the park again in this genre.

I’ve always liked him. His baseball movies especially.

Reply/Quote
I resisted watching this for awhile, but my wife finally forced me to check it out last fall. Now it's one of my favorites. There are almost too many interesting characters to give each enough time in the allotted hour. I've always thought the guy playing Jamie was a really underrated actor.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 02:23 PM)samhain Wrote: I resisted watching this for awhile, but my wife finally forced me to check it out last fall. Now it's one of my favorites. There are almost too many interesting characters to give each enough time in the allotted hour. I've always thought the guy playing Jamie was a really underrated actor.

I don’t think I’ve seen him in anything other than this and American Beauty.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 01:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It used to be Spike. I believe it can be found on any basic cable/satellite package. Also, I forgot to mention it’s already on season 3. But I’m sure it’s available to binge on demand.

Going to start season 1 tonight. Thanks for the review, really looking forward to it.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 02:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone else watching this? It’s on Paramount Network, and stars Kevin Costner. Probably my second favorite series going right now after Better Call Saul. It’s basically a modern day western about Costner’s family who owns the largest ranch in the country located in Montana. They’re at odds with land developers, the chief of a local Indian reservation, etc. The acting is excellent, particularly Costner and Kelly Reilly, who plays his daughter. The locations are absolutely stunning (mostly shot in Montana and Utah). Easily one of the best looking shows on tv right now.

The creator (Taylor Sheridan) also wrote Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River (and directed that one). I was a big fan of his even before this series. Especially Hell or High Water, which is one of my absolute favorite movies of the last few years. Anyway, if you’re into westerns/cowboy type stuff I highly recommend it.

Yes, been watching. If you don't like a ton of swearing you might not like it but this show is very well done.

Costner and Kelly Reilly are great in this no doubt.
Reply/Quote