Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, our OL is that bad - It's not your imagination
us fans are not as clueless as some think
Reply/Quote
Pretty much everyone but the front office knew that this Oline would suck after free agency and the draft. Who on here didn't think it would? They could still right that ship if winning was a high priority. I don't get how this is knee-jerk in any way.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 06:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Specifically what knee-jerk reactions were the vast majority of fans wrong about? 

Calling constantly for Dalton to be replaced in his first 3 yrs...even though he took us to the playoffs all 3 is 1 example.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 07:42 PM)Beaker Wrote: Calling constantly for Dalton to be replaced in his first 3 yrs...even though he took us to the playoffs all 3 is 1 example.

How did I know that you'd take the easy way out and pick something that wasn't discussed in this thread.

Let's re-ask: What specifically IN THIS THREAD have people whined about that has proven not true.

Let me sum some of it:

1 ) The Bengals draft guys that don't play Year 1 which doesn't help us.
2 ) The line is bad.
3 ) The Bengals shouldn't have let Zeitler and Whitworth walk.
4 ) The Bengals need to use free agency
5 ) The Bengals are complacent and see positions that need upgraded and do nothing.
6 ) Ross was a bad pick because he is small and had a lot of injury red flags
7 ) Letting guys walk and citing compensatory picks is stupid
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 07:42 PM)Beaker Wrote: Calling constantly for Dalton to be replaced in his first 3 yrs...even though he took us to the playoffs all 3 is 1 example.

The vast majority???? Uhh no
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 06:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They've shown time and time again that they're not going to change their strategy and hire a GM and start spending in free agency. They haven't added a significant amount of scouts. After going 0-7 in the playoffs Marvin was retained.

This is what the 3rd or 4th Cycle of having bad Centers and not replacing them until a guys contract was up?

And you just watch... they'll probably re-sign Bodine which would be terrible.  Trending down.  
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

... Bruh.

Swing and a miss. Any other examples?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 06:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is what the 3rd or 4th Cycle of having bad Centers and not replacing them until a guys contract was up?

We cut Kyle Cook. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 08:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: And you just watch... they'll probably re-sign Bodine which would be terrible.  Trending down.  

What you think you know more than the coaches do????  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 04:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: First, they should not make changes to appease the fans. The fans are fickle idiots with zero patience and no knowledge of what plays out in practice to influence the coaching decisions. Second, the Bengals have gone against the status quo this season by playing all the young guys that have gotten significant snaps this season. And with that have made other non-status quo moves like moving Michael Johnson inside to DT, and rotating the OTs. 

The fans saw the OL has bad last year and so did just about everyone else. Just because they are fans doesn't mean they were wrong.

The changes from the status quo you are referring to are mostly on defense. True, Mixon has had the majority of the carries, but he's the only one from that side of the ball. Ross has done nothing and was benched in his only appearance. I am happy that the newly drafted guys are getting in there early.

Reply/Quote
Our offensive line is bad? I wonder how we can blame Dalton for this...

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 04:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eagles at #1 is surprising. Could explain Wentz's play so far this season.

Nah, o-line is elevated by QB play.  When you have a trash QB like us, he can't elevate his o-line's play.  It's all Andy and that damned wedding band. Ninja 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 07:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depending on where we draft we may actually be active in Free agency this year to fix this group.

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 10:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I know the narrative is oline, oline, oline, but sometimes your playmakers have to make plays. When Ty Montgomery was the lead back in GB he averaged 3.3 YPC, he goes down and Aaron Jones is averaging 5.4 YPC. Did their oline get that much better?

Right now Gio Bernard is averaging 4.6 YPC behind the same oline that Mixon is averaging 2.8 YPC. So do they block better for Gio? You know a big reason a RB might get hit often behind the LOS? He spends too much time there.

In their most recent game they gave up 1 sack to a Bills team that has 12 on the year. I fully realize that Andy get sacked because of oline and Andy doesn't get sacked because of Andy.

This is not to say the oline is performing well, they are not, but as I mentioned earlier I don't know how much stock I put in a ranking that has CLV and GB olines top 10 and has NYG above anyone. I also grow tired over every other thread being about the poor oline and the few threads that are not about the oline become...."but the oline". To make an omelette you have to break a few eggs, we are currently in the egg breaking stage in 3 of our 5 Oline positions. The constants are Boling and Bodine and they were a fine combination against the run last year.

So maybe, just maybe we can talk about something else every now and then. Hell, Marvin thinks there are too many "oline sucks" threads

Bodine is turrible, just turrible.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 04:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: First, they should not make changes to appease the fans. The fans are fickle idiots with zero patience and no knowledge of what plays out in practice to influence the coaching decisions. Second, the Bengals have gone against the status quo this season by playing all the young guys that have gotten significant snaps this season. And with that have made other non-status quo moves like moving Michael Johnson inside to DT, and rotating the OTs. 

You mean like when some of us thought Zampese should have never been promoted to OC in the first place?  Or that he should have been fired after last season?  Or how about those of us that said Ced O and Fish were not ready?  Or maybe the ones calling out Alexander for wanting them, and Blodine, and then not coaching any of the three up were the fickle idiots?

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 10:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Nah, o-line is elevated by QB play.  When you have a trash QB like us, he can't elevate his o-line's play.  It's all Andy and that damned wedding band. Ninja 

If Shitsburg plays us like they did KC, we are f-in DOOMED next Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:17 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: If Shitsburg plays us like they did KC, we are f-in DOOMED next Sunday.

I agree with that!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with that!

The Steelers play tough teams tough. If you look at their starts to seasons...they always start like 4-3, 3-4 and then go on a run.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We cut Kyle Cook. 

Wasn't he injured? Or never recovered after an injury?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers play tough teams tough. If you look at their starts to seasons...they always start like 4-3, 3-4 and then go on a run.

Yep, hopefully they play down to our level Sunday..... Tongue

Reply/Quote