Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorized carts in shops, Disney, amusement parks, etc
(09-22-2017, 10:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They have online ordering with delivery.

I am 64, have congestive heart failure,159 pounds and am not walking due to knee problems ( no tremors yet tho )..
I get someone to drive me to the grocery store. The folks that select groceries  there don't have the same criteria as me.
Online order and delivery has produced onions the size of softballs when I specified small, moldy grapes, substitutions to brands not liked- I only like nabisco gingersnaps not keebler, don't like canada dry ginger ale or seven up,like hunts ketchup not del monte, like purdue chicken not brand x,.I think their goal is to move products more so than be accurate and cater to individual tastes.The delivery part has worked fine for most non perishable items. Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 09:57 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: I am 64, have congestive heart failure,159 pounds and am not walking due to knee problems ( no tremors yet tho )..
I get someone to drive me to the grocery store. The folks that select groceries  there don't have the same criteria as me.
Online order and delivery has produced onions the size of softballs when I specified small, moldy grapes, substitutions to brands not liked- I only like nabisco gingersnaps not keebler, don't like canada dry ginger ale or seven up,like hunts ketchup not del monte, like purdue chicken not brand x,.I think their goal is to move products more so than be accurate and cater to individual tastes.The delivery part has worked fine for most non perishable items. Mellow

I think your talking about store delivery. You get what you ask for with online ordering. Only downfalls is your not going to get fresh produce and perishable items because it will be delivered by mail.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 10:02 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think your talking about store delivery. You get what you ask for with online ordering. Only downfalls is your not going to get fresh produce and perishable items because it will be delivered by mail.

Publix has delivery within the 1-2 hours. All of their produce is top notch so it's not like shopping at Walmart .
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 09:57 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: I am 64, have congestive heart failure,159 pounds and am not walking due to knee problems ( no tremors yet tho )..

I understand. You are who should be using carts. Older people with issues. Not just typical fat people and millennials.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 12:17 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Once again we have work arounds. Online order and delivery.

No reason to slow the rest of us down so we can have an army of scooters blocking the aisle.

At he very least stop the teenagers from using them. He only people I want to see in these carts ..... they should have an oxygen tank, be really old, and a tremor helps your case.

Oh, so their rights take a backseat to yours?

Actually, the work around is you walk faster or around the damn cart if it's in your way and stop whining. Jesus.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 12:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I understand. You are who should be using carts. Older people with issues. Not just typical fat people and millennials.

His point is you wouldn't know he needs to use a cart to look at him unless you whipped out your stethoscope and listened to his heart for a murmur, his lungs for crackles, checked his lower extremities for pedal and pretibial pitting edema, his fingernails for clubbing, and his skin for changes related to PVD, or performed an echocardiogram with your portable echo.

Duh.

But, it's a helluva lot easier just to judge a stranger without knowing anything about them.
Reply/Quote