Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yesterday's referees
This is not a thread about how refs screwed us, I don't think they did. But did anyone else not enjoy the way the game was called? I thought the taunting call on Bell was BS. The late hit call by Hubbard, and the one on Burrow going out of bounds were both ticky tack. The Bears player landing on his leg outside the sideline was clearly not in bounds. I thought the game calling by the refs sucked both ways.
Reply/Quote
The taunting rule is ***** stupid and needs to be gone tomorrow. These are grown-ass men and if they can't handle a little trash talk without throwing punches then they need to be in therapy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is not a thread about how refs screwed us, I don't think they did. But did anyone else not enjoy the way the game was called? I thought the taunting call on Bell was BS. The let hit call by Hubbard, and the one on Burrow going out of bounds were both ticky tack. The Bears player landing on his leg outside the sideline was clearly not in bounds. I thought the game calling by the refs sucked both ways.

Hubbard should have been flagged for that... 

Bell had a Taunting but so Did the bear both players need to grow up.
Reply/Quote
They flagged Hubbard but missed some blatant late hits on Burrow throughout the game.

It was poorly called for the most part. They aren’t the reason we lost or the Bears won but it was frustrating to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hubbard should have been flagged for that... 

Bell had a Taunting but so Did the bear both players need to grow up.

The Bear was standing over a player clapping. That will be called every time. A player saying something as he was going back onto the field it ticky tack.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is not a thread about how refs screwed us, I don't think they did. But did anyone else not enjoy the way the game was called? I thought the taunting call on Bell was BS. The late hit call by Hubbard, and the one on Burrow going out of bounds were both ticky tack. The Bears player landing on his leg outside the sideline was clearly not in bounds. I thought the game calling by the refs sucked both ways.

Well if the taunting on Bell was BS then the taunting on Chicago was BS too.  A guys not allowed to be excited he made a play?  Hell i couldnt tell you how many times I did that to my opposition playing sports growing up. 

Hubbards hit was a late hit whether we like it or not.  It was a cheap shot at Andy and Andy sold it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bear was standing over a player clapping. That will be called every time. A player saying something as he was going back onto the field it ticky tack.

he was in daltons face when dalton was trying to yell at his running back that is also taunting and will be called.
Reply/Quote
Trash talk in someone's face shouldn't be taunting, regardless of whom it is called against. the late hit may have been orchestrated by Burrow but it was late

I'm more bothered by the inconsistency in calls. Hubbard gets called for roughing with a mild bump. Yet a Bear does the same thing to Burrow and nothing is called. If one was roughing so was the other

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:44 AM)pally Wrote: Trash talk in someone's face shouldn't be taunting, regardless of whom it is called against.  the late hit may have been orchestrated by Burrow but it was late

I'm more bothered by the inconsistency in calls.  Hubbard gets called for roughing with a mild bump.  Yet a Bear does the same thing to Burrow and nothing is called.  If one was roughing so was the other

Right. The refs in no way are responsible for the loss, but I'd just as soon not have this crew again. I mean, how did they miss the guy nearly tearing Higgins jersey off he was holding him so bad?
Reply/Quote
I'm only really mad at the one missed, OBVIOUS pass interference on Higgins.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:44 AM)pally Wrote: Trash talk in someone's face shouldn't be taunting, regardless of whom it is called against.  the late hit may have been orchestrated by Burrow but it was late

I'm more bothered by the inconsistency in calls.  Hubbard gets called for roughing with a mild bump.  Yet a Bear does the same thing to Burrow and nothing is called.  If one was roughing so was the other

I truly believe officials in the NFL give calls to players and QB who they have relationships with and are considered "named" players in the NFL.

Every official knows Andy Dalton.  They've called his games the last 11 years.   So they have respect for Andy.

Burrow's played 12 games in the NFL, he has 0 relationships built with these officials. 

I truly do believe that Andy Dalton will get a penalty called all day over Burrow.  Just my opinion. 
Reply/Quote
Taunting calls will be gone next year. No one asked for this and is totally makes it not fun. It definitely felt like the refs wanted to hear themselves during the game. Definitely did feel they missed a hit on Burrow that was about 3 steps after the ball was gone out of his hands.
Reply/Quote
The call against Bell was ridiculous. The refs weren’t even going to call it until Andy Dalton started crying about it.

The late hit on Burrow was the right call. Maybe he could have gotten out of the way but the defender didn’t have to use his hands to shove Burrow to the ground either. We would have lost our minds if the flag hadn’t been thrown. The announcer did a great job framing that as a flop.

The biggest problem by far was the lack of pass interference calls. The Bears corners mugged Huggins twice and the referees missed it. This loss wasn’t on the refs but most of the bad calls we’re in the opposition’s favor.
Reply/Quote