Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yesterday was a coaching clinic
And ours got their asses handed to them.  Pagano brought a knife to a gunfight and sliced us to ribbons.  Clap, clap, clap.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not that any coach can succeed with our offensive line...but Lazor is mediocre as an OC.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not that any coach can succeed with our offensive line...but Lazor is mediocre as an OC.

He's the one coach I can't bring myself to judge too harshly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:47 PM)McC Wrote: And ours got their asses handed to them.  Pagano brought a knife to a gunfight and sliced us to ribbons.  Clap, clap, clap.

Hard to quantify this as his team lost the game. Two bad teams (Bengals are no better than the Colts) so to say the team even to slightly better was out coached I call BS. Whatever
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hard to quantify this as his team lost the game. Two bad teams (Bengals are no better than the Colts) so to say the team even to slightly better was out coached I call BS. Whatever

I think the teams are fairly equal in talent overall. Like if this was a Madden Game...they'd both be rated 74 or something like that.

People see that we have high-end guys like Green, Atkins, Dunlap...but in the NFL having low-end talent matters a lot...and our offensive line as well as some other positions kill us.

So yeah...when Zeitler left had the Bengals just went out and signed an average Guard...we get better. An average Tackle...we get better. An average Center like Mangold...we get better.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hard to quantify this as his team lost the game. Two bad teams (Bengals are no better than the Colts) so to say the team even to slightly better was out coached I call BS. Whatever

His team was eight and a half point dogs and playing on the road and lost because one guy on our defense made a freak play.

Two of their best defenders out, a backup QB with eight weeks on the team, injured OLinemen, been getting spanked on an almost weekly basis.  Easy to quantify.  Pagano got way more out of way less.

Switch coaching staffs, Pagano's Bengals would have stomped Marvin's Colts, without a doubt.  

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the teams are fairly equal in talent overall. Like if this was a Madden Game...they'd both be rated 74 or something like that.

People see that we have high-end guys like Green, Atkins, Dunlap...but in the NFL having low-end talent matters a lot...and our offensive line as well as some other positions kill us.

So yeah...when Zeitler left had the Bengals just went out and signed an average Guard...we get better. An average Tackle...we get better. An average Center like Mangold...we get better.

I don;t disagree. I knwo Mangold was hurt, but if I were Bengals I would be kicking the tires. Of course, I would also have tried to trade for Brown the Texans LT while he was holding out. If only king for a day....LOL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don;t disagree. I knwo Mangold was hurt, but if I were Bengals I would be kicking the tires. Of course, I would also have tried to trade for Brown the Texans LT while he was holding out. If only king for a day....LOL

Yeah what does it hurt to bring Mangold in and give him a look?
Reply/Quote
Whomever is calling plays to be taken from under center, should be fired.
This team cannot operate from under center.

Your best runners run best from shotgun.
Your QB is at his best from shotgun.
Your OL is dogshit and shotgun gives the QB a head start.

If you want to *rarely* and I mean once or twice a game, that's one thing, but enough of it every drive. It is a drive killer. It's just not what this team is built for. Whether it's Lazor or Lewis being stuck in 2004, it has to stop
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:00 PM)McC Wrote: His team was eight and a half point dogs and playing on the road and lost because one guy on our defense made a freak play.

Two of their best defenders out, a backup QB with eight weeks on the team, injured OLinemen, been getting spanked on an almost weekly basis.  Easy to quantify.  Pagano got way more out of way less.

Switch coaching staffs, Pagano's Bengals would have stomped Marvin's Colts, without a doubt.  

And they did it with a TE and aging RB. 

Stop me if you've heard this before.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Whomever is calling plays to be taken from under center, should be fired.
This team cannot operate from under center.

Your best runners run best from shotgun.
Your QB is at his best from shotgun.
Your OL is dogshit and shotgun gives the QB a head start.

If you want to *rarely* and I mean once or twice a game, that's one thing, but enough of it every drive. It is a drive killer. It's just not what this team is built for. Whether it's Lazor or Lewis being stuck in 2004, it has to stop

At the very least, it gives the QB an extra second before the free rusher gets there.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:07 PM)McC Wrote: At the very least, it gives the QB an extra second before the free rusher gets there.

It does. And Dalton has always just been better from the gun. He doesn't have to take his eyes off the defense, it gives him better sight of the whole field.

The offense should be catered around your QB. He happens to have the same needs as your best runners...but here we are
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It does. And Dalton has always just been better from the gun. He doesn't have to take his eyes off the defense, it gives him better sight of the whole field.

The offense should be catered around your QB. He happens to have the same needs as your best runners...but here we are

Here we are.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not that any coach can succeed with our offensive line...but Lazor is mediocre as an OC.

(10-30-2017, 01:49 PM)McC Wrote: He's the one coach I can't bring myself to judge too harshly.

Especially after he let slip to the media that he doesn’t have control over who is on the field, Marv decides that. Basically asking him to call plays with “one arm tied behind his back”.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:00 PM)McC Wrote: Switch coaching staffs, Pagano's Bengals would have stomped Marvin's Colts, without a doubt.  

Well,that could very well be an option, being that both coaches will likely be looking for jobs in about 8 weeks
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:00 PM)McC Wrote: His team was eight and a half point dogs and playing on the road and lost because one guy on our defense made a freak play.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:35 PM)BMK Wrote: Well,that could very well be an option, being that both coaches will likely be looking for jobs in about 8 weeks

LOL.  Well, one side anyway.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Especially after he let slip to the media that he doesn’t have control over who is on the field, Marv decides that. Basically asking him to call plays with “one arm tied behind his back”.

so Marv is the person who mandates that Hill start each half and then not play the rest of the game ?

Surely one of the most unimaginative and dumbest coaching strategies ever.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:40 PM)bengals67 Wrote: so Marv is the person who mandates that Hill start each half and then not play the rest of the game ?

Surely one of the most unimaginative and dumbest coaching strategies ever.

It's like whoever makes the decision to not play Hill knows I have 2-3 of his autographed rookie cards and does it to spite me.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:47 PM)McC Wrote: And ours got their asses handed to them.  Pagano brought a knife to a gunfight and sliced us to ribbons.  Clap, clap, clap.

???

Pagano was just as bad if not worse.

He's been a terrible coach for basically, well, forever.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote