Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yesterday was a coaching clinic
(10-30-2017, 02:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ???

Pagano was just as bad if not worse.

He's been a terrible coach for basically, well, forever.

But he found a way to run the ball.  He found a way to shut down AJ.  He found a way for a guy named Brisket to look like a real QB. He found a way for a run of the mill TE to have a career day.  He found a way to keep pressure in our QB's face all day and stonewall any kind of running game and control the clock and damn near pull out a win as prohibitive underdogs on the road.

Whatever Pagano's issues are, he outcoached Marvin and his staff yesterday, hands down.   And yesterday is all I'm talking about.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:57 PM)McC Wrote: But he found a way to run the ball.  He found a way to shut down AJ.  He found a way for a guy named Brisket to look like a real QB.  He found a way for a run of the mill TE to have a career day.  He found a way to keep pressure in our QB's face all day and stonewall any kind of running game and control the clock and damn near pull out a win as prohibitive underdogs on the road.

Whatever Pagano's issues are, he outcoached Marvin and his staff yesterday, hands down.   And yesterday is all I'm talking about.

LOL

He lost with a team of similar overall talent.

Hilton was shut down
Blocked punt
Pick 6
70+ reception on a screen pass

Let's not act like the Colts play Super Bowl football while losing the game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Which coach's challenge made a difference?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

He lost with a team of similar overall talent.

Hilton was shut down
Blocked punt
Pick 6
70+ reception on a screen pass

Let's not act like the Colts play Super Bowl football while losing the game

In your insistence on sticking to your agenda, you miss the point.  And no, not similar talent at all.

And, duh, all that stuff bolded just reinforces my point.  Why do you even talk?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:51 PM)McC Wrote: In your insistence on sticking to your agenda, you miss the point.  And no, not similar talent at all.

And, duh, all that stuff bolded just reinforces my point.  Why do you even talk?  
While I agree that it isn't similar talent, no, the bolded reinforces HIS argument, not yours.

At all.

And bfine is correct as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While I agree that it isn't similar talent, no, the bolded reinforces HIS argument, not yours.

At all.

And bfine is correct as well.

No it doesn't.  Their game plan kept them in the game.  They moved the ball.  They beat up our QB and we were powerless to stop it.  They shut our run game down and we were powerless to do anything about it.  Everybody else had run on them.  We couldn't.  Why couldn't we find a way?  Coaching.  Schemes.  Technique.

They overcame all the bolded except the play Dunlap made.  That was one guy making a play.  The rest of the day, Indy game planned and schemed their way to a near upset.  That is as obvious as the nose on your face.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 04:01 PM)McC Wrote: No it doesn't.  Their game plan kept them in the game.  They moved the ball.  They beat up our QB and we were powerless to stop it.  They shut our run game down and we were powerless to do anything about it.  Everybody else had run on them.  We couldn't.  Why couldn't we find a way?  Coaching.  Schemes.  Technique.

They overcame all the bolded except the play Dunlap made.  That was one guy making a play.  The rest of the day, Indy game planned and schemed their way to a near upset.  That is as obvious as the nose on your face.

Gotcha.

So they schemed T.Y Hilton to 15 yards on 7 targets?
Ditto with Aiken? They schemed to keep throwing to these guys who couldn't catch a cold?

And I guess the brilliant challenge of a play that not only wouldn't have made a difference, but THAT WAS CHALLENGING THE WRONG THING AND THE COACH DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HE WAS CHALLENGING, is outcoaching as well, right?

They beat up our QB? Because Brissett wasn't writhing around for half the game himself, was he?

Some people need to redirect the hate for ML to something else, especially when his coaching was just as good/poor as someone else.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:57 PM)McC Wrote: But he found a way to run the ball.  He found a way to shut down AJ.  He found a way for a guy named Brisket to look like a real QB.  He found a way for a run of the mill TE to have a career day.  He found a way to keep pressure in our QB's face all day and stonewall any kind of running game and control the clock and damn near pull out a win as prohibitive underdogs on the road.

Yeah...and our defense is supposedly better than theirs. And he ran and passed on us.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:47 PM)McC Wrote: And ours got their asses handed to them.  Pagano brought a knife to a gunfight and sliced us to ribbons.  Clap, clap, clap.

Am I one of the few who has never been impressed with Chuck Pagano as a HC? He's just meh.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:00 PM)McC Wrote: His team was eight and a half point dogs and playing on the road and lost because one guy on our defense made a freak play.

Two of their best defenders out, a backup QB with eight weeks on the team, injured OLinemen, been getting spanked on an almost weekly basis.  Easy to quantify.  Pagano got way more out of way less.

Switch coaching staffs, Pagano's Bengals would have stomped Marvin's Colts, without a doubt.  

How people continue to defend Marvin, or this O-line, or say Lazor is bad is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not that any coach can succeed with our offensive line...but Lazor is mediocre as an OC.

I agree with this about Lazor. I think he could be someone down the road but hopefully he goes back to qb coach when we hire Hue or Guenther.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:51 PM)McC Wrote: In your insistence on sticking to your agenda, you miss the point.  And no, not similar talent at all.

Agenda?

What is my agenda again? I have called for ML to be replaced, I called for him to be fired at halftime of the Ravens game this year.

But silly to use falsehoods to attack our inept coach when plenty of worthy material everywhere to get the job done. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote