Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another phony charity..
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/188797/kars-4-kids-rakes-in-the-buckz

Got tired of seeing the TV ad playing over and over, figured I would google 'em. Just as I suspected, another so called "charity" in the business of keeping itself in business.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I've actually never heard it. I did like this though:

COMMENTING CHARGES
Daily rate: $2
Monthly rate: $18
Yearly rate: $180

I went with the yearly one. It seemed the best deal.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Actually paying out 50% of the money raised for charity is not as bvad as it sounds.

The real shitty ones pay out less than 10%.

And some of the worst ar ones set up by professional athletes just to give big paychecks to their friends and family to "run" the charity.
(09-07-2016, 11:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually paying out 50% of the money raised for charity is not as bvad as it sounds.

And some of the worst ar ones set up by professional athletes just to give big paychecks to their friends and family to "run" the charity.

Yeah, some of the biggest most well known charities take their 10% or whatever, then pass on the rest of the money to another charity as a sort of charity sub-contracting, who takes their 15-20%. Then they pass it on to a smaller probably more local charity, who takes their cut too... So sure some of the charities follow their claim that they only take ** cents out of each dollar, but the amount that actually ends up helping people is significantly less.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/04/americas/american-red-cross-haiti-controversy-propublica-npr/index.html

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I'd expect both you, and the kids certainly, come out ahead if you just sell to a dealer and then donate the proceeds directly.
--------------------------------------------------------

(09-07-2016, 11:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually paying out 50% of the money raised for charity is not as bvad as it sounds.

Here's the thing, the article mentions that about 80% of the proceeds goes to the organization that handles the vehicles.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23