• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Add Any Two of the Following...
Assuming a top 4 QB list of Brady, Rogers, Luck, and Manning:

QB- Big Ben

D of all time- Reggie White
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Do we have a comprehensive QB list? 
We should create one for the MB and just refer to that from here out. 

I think calling Luck the 2nd best is a bit absurd.
Is Tom Brady still playing? Yes.
Is Aaron Rodgers still playing? Yes.
Therefore he cannot be the second best QB.

Now if you want to say he's top 5, sure. 

But I really don't see how you can say he's better than Pretty Boy Tom or Rodgers. 

I'd take Luck over Brady all damned day.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'd take Luck over Brady all damned day.

Long terms sure. For next year, give me Tom
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'd take Luck over Brady all damned day.

Simple Pimple.

If you were starting a franchise today and you had your pick of any QB in the NFL at their current age. Who do you take?

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Andrew Luck

and then all the other dudes.

And i'm not even sure you do it in that order. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 03:11 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Russell Wilson and John Harbaugh

Really? Odd picks.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Simple Pimple.

If you were starting a franchise today and you had your pick of any QB in the NFL at their current age. Who do you take?

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Andrew Luck

and then all the other dudes.

And i'm not even sure you do it in that order. 

That wasn't the question though
Reply/Quote
Going D-line with both picks...
Defensive player/NFL ever..."Mean" Joe Greene
Bengals great/ non QB...Mike Reid

Both would have to bulk up some for today's NFL, and Reid could probably play all over the line. Imagine a D-line group that included MJ, Dunlap, Reid, Atkins and Greene.  Excited
Reply/Quote
Mantooth made a tactical error in the OP leaving it up to folks to determine the QB.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That wasn't the question though

True. It doesn't really relate to the OP or who is currently the 2nd "best". 

I just got done eating some eggs and bacon. Cut a guy some slack!!!  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 09:06 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Derek Carr..... I think this kid is going to be the real deal.

Man you have the option to choose between many legends and roll with Derek Carr? WAT

I'm taking Luck and Lawrence Taylor.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. It doesn't really relate to the OP or who is currently the 2nd "best". 

I just got done eating some eggs and bacon. Cut a guy some slack!!!  Cool

And you didn't share?!?!

NO SLACK FOR YOU!
Reply/Quote
Dick Butkus. To my eyes, the best-defender-ever title is close to a tossup between Butkus and Taylor, and Butkus would fit the Bengals system much better than Taylor.

For the second pick, it depends upon if that "5-10 range QB" is the 5th best or the 10th best. Replacing Andy Dalton, whom I've got as maybe the 15th best QB in the league right now, with the 10th best wouldn't be much of an upgrade when you consider time to learn the system, etc. But maybe 15th to 5th would be a big enough jump at the most important position on the field to make me take that option over picking a young Anthony Munoz or Ronnie Lott.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with the following:

1. Myself, and put myself in charge of personnel.
2. I'm adding Reggie White.
Reply/Quote
I'm going with the youngest 5-10 ranked QB in Andrew Luck. Pair him with Belichick and watch the Lombardi's pile up.

It was tempting to take Reggie White or Deion Sanders though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 01:05 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll go with the following:

2.  I'm adding Reggie White.

IMO this is the best Defensive player in the history of the NFL. Dude was 6'5" 300 pounds and never had fewer than 5 sacks in his NFL career. Matter of fact dude had double digit sack in 12 of his 15 seasons. He could also seal the edge as a run defender.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 01:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO this is the best Defensive player in the history of the NFL. Dude was 6'5" 300 pounds and never had fewer than 5 sacks in his NFL career. Matter of fact dude had double digit sack in 12 of his 15 seasons. He could also seal the edge as a run defender.

He had no weakness. Great against the run, arguably the best pass rusher of all-time. Could beat tackles with swim, bull rush or perhaps the most devastating club move ever. Not to mention he was one of the fastest 300 pounders the NFL has seen.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 01:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He had no weakness. Great against the run, arguably the best pass rusher of all-time. Could beat tackles with swim, bull rush or perhaps the most devastating club move ever. Not to mention he was one of the fastest 300 pounders the NFL has seen.

I wouldn't take another QB, since we already have a top 5 QB. And if I could take any head coach in the NFL, I'd take Marvin Lewis.

So I guess I'll have to think through the other options.
Reply/Quote
I'll take Bruce Smith.

I just remember him totally destroying Anthony Munoz and single-handedly shutting down our offense in the AFC Championship game in 1988 until he got injured.
Reply/Quote
Give me a top 5-10 QB and Lawrence Taylor. Or Reggie White or Bruce Smith. Pick one. I went with LT because we have almost no pass rushing pressure from our LBs, while we have some pretty good pass rushing DEs.

Super bowl, here we come.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 08:29 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And you didn't share?!?!

NO SLACK FOR YOU!

Sharing is caring and with that crispy, delectable bacon...i didn't care to share! :)

Reply/Quote