Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals sign Elijah Holeyfield
(10-12-2021, 09:41 PM)Tony Wrote: I just think Evans has so much more to offer.  Burrow gets compared to Brady a lot. He needs his Dion Lewis.. He should be getting at least 5 targets a game. 

I want to see him get touches, but I wouldn't put him ahead of Perine until he proves he's an upgrade via those touches.

Unfortunately, the Bengals have rarely given the 3rd RB any touches unless someone gets hurt. I feel like that's an organizational thing, because its been that way as long as I can remember, even as the league has trended towards committees and just rotating in the depth guys to just see what you have at least.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:41 PM)Tony Wrote: I just think Evans has so much more to offer.  Burrow gets compared to Brady a lot. He needs his Dion Lewis.. He should be getting at least 5 targets a game. 

Brady and Dion Lewis played together for a blink of an eye... I get the point that you're making, but Brady and NE ran through umpteen RBs... Which is how it should be.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 03:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: could he play FB?

That position is being saved for John Daly's son.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I want to see him get touches, but I wouldn't put him ahead of Perine until he proves he's an upgrade via those touches.

Unfortunately, the Bengals have rarely given the 3rd RB any touches unless someone gets hurt. I feel like that's an organizational thing, because its been that way as long as I can remember, even as the league has trended towards committees and just rotating in the depth guys to just see what you have at least.
I remember in 88 James Brooks, Ickey Woods, and Stanley Wilson all got a lot of work. The next year it was Eric Ball.. After that I don't really remember a triple threat at rb...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:33 PM)Tony Wrote: I remember in 88 James Brooks, Ickey Woods, and Stanley Wilson all got a lot of work. The next year it was Eric Ball.. After that I don't really remember a triple threat at rb...

2009 with CedBen, Bernard Scott and Brian Leonard is the only time I recall using 3 a good deal. I've been around since 1993 or so.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 05:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just imagine a 215lb guy lead blocking for 230lb Mixon and 240lb Perine. Lol

oh hes that small?

Not the knock out punch im looking for.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:38 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: oh hes that small?

Not the knock out punch im looking for.

He may be 215, but he appears to be about 4'9".. Still, if he were as advertised in college he would have latched on somewhere and made good somewhere by now.  IDK, maybe the guy just never has gotten that chance.. I kind of doubt it though.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:53 AM)grampahol Wrote: He may be 215, but he appears to be about 4'9".. Still, if he were as advertised in college he would have latched on somewhere and made good somewhere by now.  IDK, maybe the guy just never has gotten that chance.. I kind of doubt it though.

I know you can't judge a player just by his forty time, but when a 215 RB runs a 4.8 forty that is a huge red flag.  That is not just "slow".  That is "damn slow".  Most 250-260 pound TE/LB/DE's are faster than that.
Reply/Quote
Completely OT but I met Evander Holyfield in the Newark Airport in 2000.

Not really "met". More like "stood beside".
Reply/Quote

lol yup, Burrow needs a guy to play with (sparingly, at that, outside of 1 year) for 3 years, that barely got a sniff at anything.

Modifying what I said before, do yourself a favour and think/research before you talk.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 11:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2009 with CedBen, Bernard Scott and Brian Leonard is the only time I recall using 3 a good deal. I've been around since 1993 or so.

Dude, Leonard was a beast on 3rd downs.. How important was he that year.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:26 PM)jason Wrote: Brady and Dion Lewis played together for a blink of an eye... I get the point that you're making, but Brady and NE ran through umpteen RBs... Which is how it should be.

I think the checkdown pass game really neutralizes the pass rush..
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Completely OT but I met Evander Holyfield in the Newark Airport in 2000.

Not really "met". More like "stood beside".

That was the same year I sat beside Mo Vaughn at the Boston airport. Oddly enough he was with a girl that I had a class with when I was in community college.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Completely OT but I met Evander Holyfield in the Newark Airport in 2000.

Not really "met".  More like "stood beside".

Glad is wasn't me or he would have punched me out for staring at Tysons teeth prints on his ear.

What a great fighter he was though and seemed to be a very genuine person as well.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 02:50 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals signed Elijah Holeyfield to the PS...
I love this. Watched a lot of him at Georgia and he's the son of Evander ....

Can not hurt at al to have someone who can throw punch with team in Detroit. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote