Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Know What's REALLY a Kick in the Teeth?
(03-09-2017, 09:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Bumbling free agency may force our hand to take an offensive lineman at 9.

If you think about it, they can't likely afford to slide and risk losing the best talent out of a pro style offense:  Ryan Ramcyzk.  Get ready to meet your newest Bengal!  It takes me forever to type his name, so henceforth, he shall be known as RRZ.  

Oh well, DE can wait until the second round, and I guess G will wait until 3.  Too bad about not having the extra pick now for another LB until the 4th.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:41 PM)Derrick Wrote: There aren't any good OLs in this draft. There is no "Ogeebogee level" talent.  Sad to be a Bengal. Sick  

It was kind of funny listening to NFL network (Sirius Satellite Radio) and they interviewed Zeitler, who said nothing but great things about Ced, Westerman, etc.  but every time Bill Polian would say Ced's name, he pronounced it : "Oboooyay".  Made me chuckle.  Ced is the new Houshmanzadeh...without the talent. 
Reply/Quote
They blew it big time with Whit. It was a fore gone conclusion that Zeitler was leaving but Mike playing chicken with Whitworth was unnecessary. Andrew didn't want to go, and they could have easily locked him up prior to free agency but Mike in his cheap ass infinite wisdom decided to let Andrew test the market. They gambled and they lost big time, now our offensive line is in bad shape with no help in sight. The sad part to all of this is that they won't learn from this, they'll push the story about Comp picks we'll get next season. They'll "honor contracts" and keep declining vets around, but they won't show any loyalty to guys when it comes to trying to keep a guy like Whitworth. It's pathetic and embarrassing to be a fan of this team when it's run so poorly. But hey we blew all of our money on mediocre WRs and CBs. We've only got two million left to retain about 4 more dudes.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If you think about it, they can't likely afford to slide and risk losing the best talent out of a pro style offense:  Ryan Ramcyzk.  Get ready to meet your newest Bengal!  It takes me forever to type his name, so henceforth, he shall be known as RRZ.  

Oh well, DE can wait until the second round, and I guess G will wait until 3.  Too bad about not having the extra pick now for another LB until the 4th.  

I'd be ok with reaching for Ryan at this point. They put themselves in this situation, but knowing how stubborn they are they'll be throwing Ogbuehi to the wolves next year with no backup plan. Why? Because Paul Alexander can never be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:29 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'd be ok with reaching for Ryan at this point. They put themselves in this situation, but knowing how stubborn they are they'll be throwing Ogbuehi to the wolves next year with no backup plan. Why? Because Paul Alexander can never be wrong.

I'm waiting for the article:  "Bengals re-sign Margus Hunt, plan to try him at LT"
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Bumbling free agency may force our hand to take an offensive lineman at 9.

Could happen, not keeping Whit really screwed our thoughts of trying to even go BPA at 9.

(03-10-2017, 02:06 AM)TKUHL Wrote: With the 9th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select Cam Robinson OT. I can almost hear it already. We are going to pass on some really good players this draft.

Pathetic, FA is for opening up the draft. The draft is not going to save you if you don't have a solid foundation
to build off of. This has been worse than any FA i can remember, not even a plan B in case we can't bring back
Whitworth.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:19 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They blew it big time with Whit. It was a fore gone conclusion that Zeitler was leaving but Mike playing chicken with Whitworth was unnecessary. Andrew didn't want to go, and they could have easily locked him up prior to free agency but Mike in his cheap ass infinite wisdom decided to let Andrew test the market. They gambled and they lost big time, now our offensive line is in bad shape with no help in sight. The sad part to all of this is that they won't learn from this, they'll push the story about Comp picks we'll get next season. They'll "honor contracts" and keep declining vets around, but they won't show any loyalty to guys when it comes to trying to keep a guy like Whitworth. It's pathetic and embarrassing to be a fan of this team when it's run so poorly. But hey we blew all of our money on mediocre WRs and CBs. We've only got two million left to retain about 4 more dudes.

I agree KZ was gone but not keeping Whit on the team (One way or another) was a crippling blow. Hopefully not to Andy.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:48 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: We kinda have no choice, but to go run first now. We aren't gonna be able to pass block for any longer than 1.5 seconds on average. 

Everyone is worrying about Andy, but Gio is going to get injured again this year too. Can you imagine all the blocking he is going to have to do? 
Those little short passes on hot routes over the middle he is going to get blasted on?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm waiting for the article:  "Bengals re-sign Margus Hunt, plan to try him at LT"

I think Mike Brown is still trying to work in Jason Shirley
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:54 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I think Mike Brown is still trying to work in Jason Shirley

The DT turned OG, then back to DT again.. lol what a failure that was.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could happen, not keeping Whit really screwed our thoughts of trying to even go BPA at 9.

Pathetic, FA is for opening up the draft. The draft is not going to save you if you don't have a solid foundation
to build off of. This has been worse than any FA i can remember, not even a plan B in case we can't bring back
Whitworth.

Right, I'm not even looking forward to the draft now. It's going to be more frustrating than this FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If you think about it, they can't likely afford to slide and risk losing the best talent out of a pro style offense:  Ryan Ramcyzk.  Get ready to meet your newest Bengal!  It takes me forever to type his name, so henceforth, he shall be known as RRZ.  

Ramcyzk is a scary pick to me. The guy only started 1 year at Wisconsin and bounced around between 3 schools before that. He had to rediscover his love for football while playing D3 ball. Also, he's already had hip surgery.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could happen, not keeping Whit really screwed our thoughts of trying to even go BPA at 9.

Whitworth.

Right, a plan B could have been something as simple like FA Matt Kalil LT from Minny....... but nope. Carolina picked him up. Yesterday was a bad day to be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Ramcyzk is a scary pick to me. The guy only started 1 year at Wisconsin and bounced around between 3 schools before that. He had to rediscover his love for football while playing D3 ball. Also, he's already had hip surgery.

Our best offensive lineman ever had a pretty scary knee surgery at a time when people didn't always come back from them.  This guy faced damn good pass rushers in the Big 10, and comes from a pro-style offense.  There aren't that many of them in college any more...

Should he check out medically, I think he has the makings of a really solid LT.  I like him much more than Robinson. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Right, I'm not even looking forward to the draft now. It's going to be more frustrating than this FA.

Totally agree. The Brown family-  all in management roles - have effed up this  franchise and their upcoming draft will be FUBAR...again. 

For reference check out Sunset's link to Mike Brown's Wikipedia page. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now that the Cincinnati offensive line has gone from awful to nonexistent over the last six hours, look for the Front Office to either sign washed-up Adrian Peterson or draft Leonard Fournette or Joe Mixon to create a "run first" offense.

lol it's funny because it's true

You saw last year that's what Zamp wanted all along
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm waiting for the article:  "Bengals re-sign Margus Hunt, plan to try him at LT"

Hilarious Wouldn't surprise me a bit.  
Reply/Quote