Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Like The Bengals -7.5 tonight?!
This was obviously set before Bates and Higgins were ruled out, but the current spread is us by 7.5.

We're 6-2 against the spread in our last eight home games.

The Jags are 1-6 against the spread in their last seven games.

We're 4-1 against the spread in our last five games in September.

The Jags are 1-4 in their last five games in September.

However, Jacksonville is 10-3-1 against the spread in their last 14 games against an opponent in the AFC North, but I think all 3 losses ATS came last season, so not like they're on fire against the North.

They've lost their last seven games by double digits.

Easy bet or does Bates being out throw a wrench into it?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 03:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This was obviously set before Bates and Higgins were ruled out, but the current spread is us by 7.5.  

We're 6-2 against the spread in our last eight home games.

The Jags are 1-6 against the spread in their last seven games.

We're 4-1 against the spread in our last five games in September.

The Jags are 1-4 in their last five games in September.

However, Jacksonville is 10-3-1 against the spread in their last 14 games against an opponent in the AFC North, but I think all 3 losses ATS came last season, so not like they're on fire against the North.

They've lost their last seven games by double digits.

Easy bet or does Bates being out throw a wrench into it?

That's a really big number for some of the injuries we're facing right now. I don't think Bates alone being out moves the spread THAT much but both him and Awuzie being out does hurt. Waynes I assume will play but it's his first game since 2019 so I assume there will be quite a bit of rust which adds additional risk. 

We're really going to need to rely on our Dline/front 7 this game. 
Reply/Quote
Seems high to me... Especially coming off the short week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't think I'd ever be comfortable with a -7.5 spread in a TNF game regardless of who is playing. These short weeks are weird and make everything less predictable.
Reply/Quote
Short week and with the people we are missing.....7.5 is way too high. I would call it more like 3 (the usual spot for home team).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 03:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: That's a really big number for some of the injuries we're facing right now. I don't think Bates alone being out moved the spread THAT much but both him and Awuzie being out does hurt. Mackenzie I assume will play but it's his first game since 2019 so I assume there will be quite a bit of rust which adds additional risk. 

We're really going to need to rely on our Dline/front 7 this game. 

You mean Waynes?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 03:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Short week and with the people we are missing.....7.5 is way too high. I would call it more like 3 (the usual spot for home team).

I feel like Bates is the only missing piece that could alter the outcome but, with the push our interior defensive line has been getting as well as the all-around pass rush from the d, I feel like they'll offset Bates being sidelined.
Reply/Quote
Would love it, but....

It's a short week and we have beat two mediocre teams and lost to a mediocre team. I would not bet on a big spread.
I just want a win.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 06:33 PM)STR1PES Wrote: Would love it, but....

It's a short week and we have beat two mediocre teams and lost to a mediocre team. I would not bet on a big spread.
I just want a win.

I’m not quite sure Minny is mediocre. They are a fumble and missed 33 yard field away from being 3-0.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 06:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m not quite sure Minny is mediocre. They are a fumble and missed 33 yard field away from being 3-0.

... And I'm not even positive that was a fumble.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
A bit high for my liking. Lotta factors at play, as most have mentioned already. But, these boys beat the Stoolers with Ryan Finley at the helm the last time they were on PrimeTime, so ya never know.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 04:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You mean Waynes?

Yes. The rest of my point remains the same lol 
Reply/Quote