Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You better recognize the best guard in the draft.
Will hernandez is just dominant.his run blocking skills can't be matched. His past blocking is good, though there have been one or 2 mishaps but very rarely. He's 6"3 330-340 and can actually push back the mamoth 3-4 dts. He's getting comparisons to Marshall yanda and guards of that caliber. Pairing him with Billy price is a dream come true. Talk about running holes through the middle for mixon. They'll improvebthe tackle play as well. Not to mention Andy Dalton could step into the pocket and into his throws, something he hasn't been able to do since he got here. 2nd round target with Billy price in the first is the key to the oline success.

https://www.nflsnext.com/will-hernandez-offensive-guard-utep/
Reply/Quote
Shocked 
Quenton Nelson looks more polished and disciplined with his hands to me at first blush.  There's also the fact that most scouting organizations think that Nelson will be a top 15 pick in the first.  I'd like to see them draft Hernandez, but would be a lot more excited if they landed Nelson.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 05:23 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Quenton Nelson looks more polished and disciplined with his hands to me at first blush.  There's also the fact that most scouting organizations think that Nelson will be a top 15 pick in the first.  I'd like to see them draft Hernandez, but would be a lot more excited if they landed Nelson.

Nelson a tad more polished in the passing game, Hernandez more polished in the running game. But say u have Nelson above Hernandez. Is is that much of a difference? Bc I don't think it's a huge drop off if at all. But say Nelson is a 2nd team all pro type player most years. But the center they draft is just an ok player. And Hernandez is a upper tier pro bowler every year, but so is price.
Id take the 2 upper tier pro bowlers over an ok player and a second team. All pro if that makes sense. 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't hate either scenario, but I'd take Nelson/Ragnow over Hernandez/Price. If they wind up taking Price over Nelson, they'd need a trade down in order for that to make sense. 
Reply/Quote
I read more of the position profiles of the O-linemen and some pretty interesting takes and comparisons to current NFL linemen.
Reply/Quote
Just take all the linemen. **** it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 07:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Nelson a tad more polished in the passing game, Hernandez more polished in the running game. But say u have Nelson above Hernandez. Is is that much of a difference? Bc I don't think it's a huge drop off if at all. But say Nelson is a 2nd team all pro type player most years. But the center they draft is just an ok player. And Hernandez is a upper tier pro bowler every year, but so is price.
Id take the 2 upper tier pro bowlers over an ok player and a second team. All pro if that makes sense. 

Frank Ragnow has a very good chance of being the best offensive lineman taken in the 2018 draft.

First thing you need to know about Ragnow is that in his entire college career over 30 starts and over 2500 snaps he did not give up a single sack. None. That said...he's a better run blocker than in pass pro.

If you don't take my word for it we can do the PFF thing. 

In 2016 not only was Ragnow PFF's highest rated center he was the highest rated offensive lineman in all of college football with a grade of 89.4 (That's the third highest rating by a college center since PFF started). He was also the highest rated run blocker. In his seven games in 2017 again he was track to be the highest rated offensive lineman and highest in run blocking while being top 5 in pass pro.

Ragnow also has level of competition in the SEC going for him facing off against some of college footballs best defenses. Did I mention he did not give up a single sack in 4 years of college football?

I understand that Ragnow's injury is going to push him down the draft boards but if he's there at the top of the second round Cincy better run to the podium.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 05:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Frank Ragnow has a very good chance of being the best offensive lineman taken in the 2018 draft.

First thing you need to know about Ragnow is that in his entire college career over 30 starts and over 2500 snaps he did not give up a single sack. None. That said...he's a better run blocker than in pass pro.

If you don't take my word for it we can do the PFF thing. 

In 2016 not only was Ragnow PFF's highest rated center he was the highest rated offensive lineman in all of college football with a grade of 89.4 (That's the third highest rating by a college center since PFF started). He was also the highest rated run blocker. In his seven games in 2017 again he was track to be the highest rated offensive lineman and highest in run blocking while being top 5 in pass pro.

Ragnow also has level of competition in the SEC going for him facing off against some of college footballs best defenses. Did I mention he did not give up a single sack in 4 years of college football?

I understand that Ragnow's injury is going to push him down the draft boards but if he's there at the top of the second round Cincy better run to the podium.

I like rangow, but as a Third rounder. Or even a trade up into last 2nd. Price has a 99.0 percent pass block effeciency for his career and has given up one sack in 56 straight starts. Hernandez has a 99.8. Hernandez was pff highest rated olineman In 2016. I think Hernandez at 330 point blank  is an absolute Mauler in the run game who will create HUGE holes for mixon to run through, and can even push the big 3-4 dt out of the way . If Hernandez gets taken In The late 1st which is likely and price is gone I. The first which is likely then rangow obvious pick. But he's 3rd In Terms of olineman I want behind price and hernandez.
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of a guard in the second or third round. Bengals won't pay guards, so there is no reason to take one (Nelson) with a top 10 pick and watch him walk in free agency in 4-5 years. Hoping for one of the offensive tackles in first round.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 04:08 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I like the idea of a guard in the second or third round.  Bengals won't pay guards, so there is no reason to take one (Nelson) with a top 10 pick and watch him walk in free agency in 4-5 years. Hoping for one of the offensive tackles in first round.

That's not always the case.  They paid Boling.

The other thing is that you have the guy under contract for 6 years, not 4-5.

5th year option
6th year tag.

You take 6 years of a guy if you can.
Reply/Quote