Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can only laugh
Even Erickson had ONE monster game this season like Akili Ross, but on top of that, Erickson he does returns and plays every week.

Akili Ross needs to be sent packing.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 07:15 PM)J24 Wrote: He practiced full today.

For him a full practice is several wrong routes and few dropped passes. 

I would not be surprised Mikey to pick up his $15M 5th year option - that would close the cap for free agents and avoid Mikey's illusion of "helping other teams" by letting Ross go. 

Huge problem for this team remains the Inbreds see 1 good game from players and project that to 16 games and thus a big and dumb contract based on potential that never materializes.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ross was drafted to replace AJ Green, but not the AJ Green of the past few years who can't get on the damn field.  Oh well.  Remember when Ross made us eat crow once in 3 years?

He was NOT drafted to replace Green.  He was drafted to take the top off a defense and open up things underneath for Green, Boyd, Eifert, etc. 

Whether anyone wants to admit it (or try to understand it), despite his injuries and his drops, Ross being on the field changes the way teams defend the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Funny I was thinking while typing the last post. If indeed it's true ML didn't want Ross that's another feather I'll have to put in his hat.

Yeah, he wanted another high character douchebag in Reuben Foster.  Much better.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was NOT drafted to replace Green.  He was drafted to take the top off a defense and open up things underneath for Green, Boyd, Eifert, etc. 

Whether anyone wants to admit it (or try to understand it), despite his injuries and his drops, Ross being on the field changes the way teams defend the Bengals.  

Ah yea, I recall that.  We used a top 10 pick to take the top off the defense and open the underneath stuff and he sat on the bench while the Steelers got DHB off the scrapheap for next to nothing and he actually did his job.  Ouch.
Reply/Quote
Ross was full go yesterday... So maybe this jumped the gun
Reply/Quote
In 20 years, when they make a remake of early 2000s classic,M. Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable, John Ross will fill the role that Samuel L Jackson held in the original movie.
Reply/Quote
You'll all be eating crow when Ross finally gets a gold jacket from Walmart to pretend to be in the HOF..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: John Ross was limited in practice due to a foot injury

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Been one of the biggest Ross defenders on here but if he cannot get on the field, I cannot defend him.
Reply/Quote
More cap space that should be open. Just watch him play as it is quite obvious he is scared shitless. You can't fix that.
Reply/Quote
Player with the most drops on our team this year: John Ross w/5 drops

I know we won't cut him but...I don't see re-signing him as something we should do. Even if he were dirt cheap, if you can't get on the field you are taking up a roster spot.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah yea, I recall that.  We used a top 10 pick to take the top off the defense and open the underneath stuff and he sat on the bench while the Steelers got DHB off the scrapheap for next to nothing and he actually did his job.  Ouch.

You can beat him up for his health issues all you want.  Ditto drafting him at all, but the fact remains he was not drafted to replace AJ Green.  
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You can beat him up for his health issues all you want.  Ditto drafting him at all, but the fact remains he was not drafted to replace AJ Green.  

So we used a top 10 pick for a role other teams get from a late pick or get from a cheap free agent?  Figures. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 02:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So we used a top 10 pick for a role other teams get from a late pick or get from a cheap free agent?  Figures. 

The Bengals thought John Ross could do for them what Tyreek Hill did for the Chiefs, but without the off the field baggage.  
Reply/Quote