Poll: Who you signing
DJ
Tee
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can sign one
DJ Reader: 3 Years $48 Mil

Tee Higgins: 3 Years $ 54 Mil

Which one you signing GM?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tee.

Younger proven player, and keeping the high powered passing attack in place can help prevent the opposition from relying on the run game (Reader's biggest strength).
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure that 3 for 54 number is realistic for Tee so if the question is get him at that I’d do that as it would be a seriously below market deal. Assuming both got market deals I’d go with DJ.
Reply/Quote
Tee but he won't be signing that deal , he be making less than Mclaurin Wash, Williams SD and Cooper Browns just to list a few
Reply/Quote
Good thread Bfine and an excellent question. Like Au165 said, Tee will get paid more than that.

I voted for DJ Reader. We don't go to the Super Bowl or the AFC Championship this last year without him. We have no one to
replace him and he works in the trenches where games are won. He is a better pass rusher than people know he just doesn't
get the sacks and he can single handedly shut down a team's run game.

Love Tee, but I go with DJ here.
Reply/Quote
As sad as I would be to let him go, I'd rather have Tee signed up for his age 25, 26 and 27 years than have Reader signed up for his age 30, 31 and 32 years.
Reply/Quote
I went with Reader. Tee will never sign for $54/3. Reader could be less than $48/3.
Reply/Quote
If Tee wanted to sign that deal I'd get it done quickly and before he came to his senses.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 07:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: As sad as I would be to let him go, I'd rather have Tee signed up for his age 25, 26 and 27 years than have Reader signed up for his age 30, 31 and 32 years.

I love DJ but you nailed it. Big man might not age too well and he’s already had a few injuries. Tee just makes much more sense due to him being much younger.
Reply/Quote
Definitely Tee at that price. But more realistically, 4 years at $76,000,000 front loaded in yrs 1 & 2. I’d like to see Reader re-up on a one year extension at about 12-13 million.
Reply/Quote
Love them both but went with DJ. I'm comfortable Burrow can make it work with almost anyone- and he'll have to prove that eventually regardless, just like Brady, Manning, Rodgers et. al. So just thought I'd spread the wealth and ensure talent on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 07:57 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Definitely Tee at that price. But more realistically, 4 years at $76,000,000 front loaded in yrs 1 & 2. I’d like to see Reader re-up on a one year extension at about 12-13 million.

I think with DJ it will be a shorter extension anyways than 3 years. It will probably be a 1 year extension like you say after this year or a 2
year extension at most. Your Tee extension also seems more realistic. Anyways, I think we will find a way to get both done but that is not 
the question posed by Bfine here. I still think DJ has a couple more years after this one of prime badazz run stopping play and that is what 
we need more than another top WR playing outside opposite of Chase.

I think as long as Burrow has chemistry with the other Receiver opposite of Chase the Offense will be more than good enough to win SB's.

On the other hand, if we cannot stop the run it won't matter.
Reply/Quote
$18 Mil/year is a good price for Tee. I guess you could bump it up to $20 Mil but I'm not sure that changes the point of the OP. The extra $2 Mil a year is nothing.

Reply/Quote
At that price? Tee. Highly doubt $18m/yr is anywhere close to getting it done, though.

Really need Reader to be healthy this year. If he can't stay healthy, I am not sure you can bring him back on anything more than a 1 year prove it deal. He is a game changer when he is on the field, but that has been far too little as a Bengal.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 07:57 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Definitely Tee at that price. But more realistically, 4 years at $76,000,000 front loaded in yrs 1 & 2. I’d like to see Reader re-up on a one year extension at about 12-13 million.

So more realistically a year is an extra $1 Mil/year? 

WTS, with the given numbers I'm taking DJ

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 06:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Tee.

Younger proven player, and keeping the high powered passing attack in place can help prevent the opposition from relying on the run game (Reader's biggest strength).

That didnt work so well against Cleveland and the Monday Night Football game last year.  We had Tee but didnt have Reader.  The high powered offense scored just 13 points while Cleveland ran the ball at will against us and put up 32 points in our biggest loss of the year.   Our offense gets a lot of the attention but I think it has been the defense that has kept us in games and carried us in post season.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So more realistically a year is an extra $1 Mil/year? 

WTS, with the given numbers I'm taking DJ

You missed 4 yrs with front loading years 1 & 2.  This is typically what the Bengals do. Also allows Tee to get his bag before Chase’s new contract kicks in. Having both Tee and Chase creates a synergy that is nearly unstoppable.

Don’t get me wrong, I want an extension for DJ as well; but, given his age and injury history, I think one year is most likely.
Reply/Quote
Ideally signing both would be great. I think Tee over DJ only because he is younger and is a great receiver. However, defense wins championships so we would have to replace DJ with someone comparable.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I went with Tee even with acting like the poll was 64 mil. I'm actually surprised the poll is as close as it is. We need Reader, but if you're making me pick one give me the guy entering his prime regardless of the depth at WR.
Reply/Quote
I dont know about the numbers posted but just going by my gut I would say DJ Reader because of his consistency, elite play, and lower cost... but like the Tee and Chase argument the Bengals have a ton of money tied up in the Defensive Line it needs to be spread around so I vote Tee until something changes.

On a side note it would probabaly be easier to find another Tee than DJ because of how football is evolving into 7 on 7 leagues at the high school level producing more WRs and Corners. (Probabaly why the corner market took a step back the last couple of seasons.)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote