Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
You can't ***** zero me.
This is what I mean by "not nice", Burrow is cocky, this is why we will win playoff games. "Time for me to take over. "

https://www.facebook.com/bengals/videos/3047937652145936

"You can't effing zero me." Got too many quotes in that video.
Reply/Quote
I 100% agree. No more mister nice dalton.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, cocky wins games.

That is why Johnny Manziel has so many more rings than QBs like Roger Staubach and Kurt Warner.

People who think we lost games because Dalton was a nice guy just don't understand football.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, cocky wins games.

That is why Johnny Manziel has so many more rings than QBs like Roger Staubach and Kurt Warner.

People who think we lost games because Dalton was a nice guy just don't understand football.

True, but you understand the point being made. The fire Burrow has is contagious to those around him and he has the talent to back it up. Andy did not have those qualities and Menziel was a joke.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 11:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: True, but you understand the point being made. The fire Burrow has is contagious to those around him and he has the talent to back it up. Andy did not have those qualities and Menziel was a joke.

Did you happen to notice how much Burrow's "fire" helped last year?

I find it hard to believe that the Bengals lose games because all the other players except Burrow sit around not caring until he whips them into a frenzy.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you happen to notice how much Burrow's "fire" helped last year?

I find it hard to believe that the Bengals lose games because all the other players except Burrow sit around not caring until he whips them into a frenzy.

Yes, I saw the team after his injury and his demeanor helps. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you happen to notice how much Burrow's "fire" helped last year?

What would it mean to you if some of the players themselves said Burrow's behavior made a difference?
Reply/Quote
Confidence is always key no matter what you do in life.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 11:36 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Yes, I saw the team after his injury and his demeanor helps. 

No doubt. Just watching the way he plays gets me so pumped up. And now, while listening to this audio of him during the game, I legit got cold chills. You can just feel his intensity and passion, even all the way in North Carolina in my living room, lol. The same passion I have felt for this franchise for my 38 years of existence. I can't imagine what it's like to be on the field, playing on his team. This is the type of QB that will have your entire roster/staff ready to walk through any fire with you. 
I'd love to hear him mic'd during the Steelers game!

Tiger WhoDey2
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I think Joey Bosa said it best on Monday night.  He said something along the lines of when the team would be in the lead they would start thinking about what they would do to screw it up.  I believe that the Bengals were working with the same thought process.  JoeyB doesn't think that way and that thought process and confidence is contagious.  And so far this year he has been able to back it up.  Even in the Chicago game where he threw the 3 straight picks, his next 2 throws were TDs.  They are beginning to learn that they won't screw it up.  We can see their confidence grow each game and a lot of that is because of Joe.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We are playing better this year because we have more good/healthy players.  THAT is why we have more confidence.

From everything I have seen Joe was just as fiery and confident last year, but we still went 2-7-1 with him.

I LOVE Burrow as our QB, but his confidence is not the reason we are winning.  I guarntee you that if we lose a few key starters to injury Joe's swagger will not win games for us.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, cocky wins games.

That dude may have been a nice guy off the field, but he was an assassin on it. Not to go into 'crapping on Dalton' territory but he was a nice guy off and on the field. No doubt he wanted to win but it didn't drive him like it does the great QBs.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

The fire was always there. The increase in talent and health has made the difference this year. 

It remains to be seen, if put in the position, Burrow can excel in the playoffs. I will go into it expecting him to. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are playing better this year because we have more good/healthy players.  THAT is why we have more confidence.

From everything I have seen Joe was just as fiery and confident last year, but we still went 2-7-1 with him.

I LOVE Burrow as our QB, but his confidence is not the reason we are winning.  I guarntee you that if we lose a few key starters to injury Joe's swagger will not win games for us.

You're right that confidence by itself doesn't win games. But, confidence - when it's backed up by performance - can become infectious and raise the confidence level of everyone...which is more the case with Burrow. His confidence (borderline cockiness at times) has caused an increased confidence level in the other players on this team. All you have to do is listen to them talk about wanting to follow and go to battle with him. Even players on defense have talked about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 12:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You're right that confidence by itself doesn't win games. But, confidence - when it's backed up by performance - can become infectious and raise the confidence level of everyone...which is more the case with Burrow. His confidence (borderline cockiness at times) has caused an increased confidence level in the other players on this team. All you have to do is listen to them talk about wanting to follow and go to battle with him. Even players on defense have talked about it.

DJ Reader said when he was being recruited during his free agency period, his final 2 were the Bengals or Broncos.  His agent asked him who he wanted to play with..Joe Burrow or Drew Locke.  Obviously, he chose Burrow and that was even before he played a snap

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 01:19 PM)pally Wrote: DJ Reader said when he was being recruited during his free agency period, his final 2 were the Bengals or Broncos.  His agent asked him who he wanted to play with..Joe Burrow or Drew Locke.  Obviously, he chose Burrow and that was even before he played a snap

No doubt.

But Reader's decision was based on QB skills, not which one squeals the most on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 01:19 PM)pally Wrote: DJ Reader said when he was being recruited during his free agency period, his final 2 were the Bengals or Broncos.  His agent asked him who he wanted to play with..Joe Burrow or Drew Locke.  Obviously, he chose Burrow and that was even before he played a snap

Exactly. You beat me to it. Burrow has an aura, drive, etc about him that affects this entire franchise(now & the future), recognizable by fans/teammates/staff, that Dalton or even Palmer just didn't have. 
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 12:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You're right that confidence by itself doesn't win games. But, confidence - when it's backed up by performance - can become infectious and raise the confidence level of everyone...which is more the case with Burrow. His confidence (borderline cockiness at times) has caused an increased confidence level in the other players on this team. All you have to do is listen to them talk about wanting to follow and go to battle with him. Even players on defense have talked about it.

So what?

Confidence with less talent = 2-7-1.

And if we lose a few key starters to injury this year we will go back to losing no matter how much confidence Burrow has.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what?

Confidence with less talent = 2-7-1.

And if we lose a few key starters to injury this year we will go back to losing no matter how much confidence Burrow has.

A confident team believes they can win. A team that lacks confidence hopes they can win. There's a huge difference, IMO.

Like many of the players have said, with Burrow at the helm, they believe they can win any game. You can discount that all you want, but that confidence level didn't just magically appear out of thin air. It's a direct result of Joe's leadership and the belief the entire team has in him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 01:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Like many of the players have said. with Burrow at the helm, they believe they can win any game. You can discount that all you want, but that confidence level didn't just magically appear out of thin air.. 

No it did not appear magically out of thin air.  It was here when Dalton was our QB also.  I can post the quotes from Bengal players if you don't remember them.

In fact I can probably find quotes like these from every team in the league.

But the fact are that with Both Dalton and Burrow they did not win anything unless they had talent around them.  Over Dalton's first 5 seasons only 3 QBs had more 4th quarter game-winning drives and only 3 had more 4th quarter comebacks.  The Bengals knew they were always in the game even if trailing in the fourth quarter.  But the wins were not because of their faith in Andy.  It was because of the performance of the coaches and players on the field.
Reply/Quote