Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'd Have to be Insane to Join Zac Taylor's Staff
(01-03-2021, 09:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’d like to see you get up after that hit he took in Washington.

Justin Herbert would have gotten up.  Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: burrow should only come back when there's a new HC, lol

He should milk that knee injury until summer ‘22 at the earliest.
Reply/Quote
I agree. If I’m joe I’m not coming back next year, but he’s a competitive dude. He’ll be back as soon as he’s ready
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:17 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Justin Herbert would have gotten up.  Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

Of course. No one else in the league would get up from that leg shot. But Herbert got bionic legs he would stand after getting hit by a semi going 70 on the interstate blindfolded.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’d like to see you get up after that hit he took in Washington.

I'd like to see you sell more records than Yoko Ono.

(01-03-2021, 09:55 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Of course. No one else in the league would get up from that leg shot. But Herbert got bionic legs he would stand after getting hit by a semi going 70 on the interstate blindfolded.

I just hope Burrow's knee is in good enough shape to kick in Mike Brown's office door and demand he make changes this off-season.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So it looks like we're going to be filling a number of coaching positions.  And let's assume for this thread that Zac Taylor is coming back.

Who the hell would take a job on this staff, knowing there is very good possibility Taylor doesn't last more than another year?  Why would anyone, that has any other options, take a job here?

If Zac Taylor gets shit-canned then that means a new coach, with a whole new group of assistants potentially coming in.

I'm sorry, but if we keep this guy we're almost guaranteeing that we're going to be filling these spots with coaches that have no other comparable options.  They'll either be out of work, or they'll be taking on a role here that they couldn't get anywhere else.

Fwiw, I saw in another thread that somewhat posted a link about how we're approachining candidates.  It looks like we offering shorter contracts.  This tells me the Bengals know that there is a possibility that Zac may not last and they don't want to be on the hook paying assistants if they choose to clean house.

So, again, who the hells takes these jobs?  Joining a potential lame duck coach....  Joining a team that is more likely to hurt your resume than help it....  Joining a team that asks their coaches to also handle scouting. ... Joining a team that is rumored to be offering short deals.... Joining a team that isn't known to pay a ton of money to their position coaches.

We're going to be left with the left-overs and under-experienced.  Why not just clean house rather than try to piece together a staff with this loser of a head coach?

Wow, that's one hell of a post.  So, are you for the Bengals or against the Bengals?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Insane? This proves Jack Del Rio is mentally stable.
Reply/Quote
I can think of one piano tinkling guy who eats boogers and admires ketchup handlers.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, that's one hell of a post.  So, are you for the Bengals or against the Bengals?

I'm for the Bengals moving on from Taylor and cleaning house.  

Trying to fill multiple coaching positions with short contracts, with a lame-duck coach is a losing proposition.  We'll be left with guys no one else wants.

Sorry my wanting to better this team and to actually be successful offends you.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:55 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Of course. No one else in the league would get up from that leg shot. But Herbert got bionic legs he would stand after getting hit by a semi going 70 on the interstate blindfolded.

You forgot he'd be pushing an elder woman out of the way of the semi at the same time.  Hilarious

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm for the Bengals moving on from Taylor and cleaning house.  

Trying to fill multiple coaching positions with short contracts, with a lame-duck coach is a losing proposition.  We'll be left with guys no one else wants.

I don't even know why it's questioned.

It just screams they don't have a clue what to do without canning Zac and take the blame for the hire.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You forgot he'd be pushing an elder woman out of the way of the semi at the same time.  Hilarious

Yeah, but he’s got girly hair... Ninja

[Image: gmzcgxjvwcx6rqy9mhve]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd like to see you sell more records than Yoko Ono.

I just hope Burrow's knee is in good enough shape to kick in Mike Brown's office door and demand he make changes this off-season.

Carson Palmer tried this and he was sent to raiders who were crap that year with Hue in charge
Reply/Quote
Mike Florio just said on SNF pregame "The rumor is Zac Taylor is safe, my understanding is he's not entirely safe" FWIW
Reply/Quote
Music 
(01-03-2021, 10:19 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Carson Palmer tried this and he was sent to raiders who were crap that year with Hue in charge

I'm not sure we are in any position to call an 8-8 season "crap."

(01-03-2021, 10:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike Florio just said on SNF pregame  "The rumor is Zac Taylor is safe, my understanding is he's not entirely safe" FWIW

Announcers are idiots and only exist to praise the Steelers.  He's wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm for the Bengals moving on from Taylor and cleaning house.  

Nah, it takes a lot to offend me.  I just like to know if the people posting are for or against the Bengals.  As being for the Bengals typically involves accepting that some rational decisions that other teams would automatically make, just aren't going to happen in this organization.  For example, they seem to have made it clear that Zac Taylor is indeed coming back for a 3rd season.  Yet, some keep proposing options to replace him.  Replacing Zac does not seem likely to happen this season, so why keep beating that drum?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, it takes a lot to offend me.  I just like to know if the people posting are for or against the Bengals.  As being for the Bengals typically involves accepting that some rational decisions that other teams would automatically make, just aren't going to happen in this organization.  For example, they seem to have made it clear that Zac Taylor is indeed coming back for a 3rd season.  Yet, some keep proposing options to replace him.  Replacing Zac does not seem likely to happen this season, so why keep beating that drum?

FWIW Florio just said the rumor of ZT being safe isn't entirely true, fingers crossed  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure we are in any position to call an 8-8 season "crap."

Announcers are idiots and only exist to praise the Steelers.  He's wrong.

Trying to hold out hope.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:55 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Exactly...who would risk leaving a spot for a job that is probably only for one year

Someone with ambition and confidence in their abilities.

I know everyone here is cynical and pessimistic (and not without reason if you're a long term fan) but coaches tend to be optimistic and back their abilities.

There are far worse landing spots than Cincy if you are an aspiring O-line coach. You already have one first rounder to work with in Jonah Williams, someone whose appetite for learning means he keeps spreadsheets about each pass-rusher he faces. You're then going to get a high draft pick (quite possibly Penei Sewell) and a top free agent like Scherff or Thuney and they'll be playing in front of a QB (and RBs) who can make them look good.

If you make the Bengals' O-line even mediocre you'll have enhanced your reputation. And most O-line coaches would back themselves to do so given the tools.

In contrast Defensive Co-ordinator looks less appealing. The Bengals are set to lose their best corner and best pass-rusher. Off-season acquisition (draft/free agency) looks to prioritize the O-line, meaning D is set to be neglected in the draft once more.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: FWIW Florio just said the rumor of ZT being safe isn't entirely true, fingers crossed  ThumbsUp

Well, that certainly is a game changer.. Let's hope that this rumor has legs.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote