Poll: Who you got
Apple
Reiff
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You get to Re-Sign One v2
Mikey here again. A couple months back I asked you if I could only sign either Q. Spain or Larry O. who do I sign. You guys chose Q.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-You-get-to-Re-Sign-One

Now I need your help again. I gotta pick between Eli Apple and Riley Reiff. So who you got?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Apple and sign a younger RT...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I like apple’s play, but I don’t like him

I like reiff, but I don’t like his play

Apple.
Reply/Quote
We have Trae Waynes on the roster... so there still is another CB

Who do we have at OT... Prince.

Trae Waynes > Isaiah Prince

Therefore Reiff fills a bigger gap over Apple to Waynes
Reply/Quote
Oh FFS lol
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Apple. I think he'll be cheaper and Reiff worries me that as he ages, he'll frequently be hurt.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:41 PM)jason Wrote: Apple and sign a younger RT...

What Jase said.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:46 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: We have Trae Waynes on the roster... so there still is another CB

Who do we have at OT... Prince.

Trae Waynes > Isaiah Prince

Therefore Reiff fills a bigger gap over Apple to Waynes

Waynes is never healthy though so he doesn't exist.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Waynes is never healthy though so he doesn't exist.

He exists on the roster.  Just not on the field.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Only want to sign Reiff as a back up per he can't stay on the field.

Yet would like to keep him as a back up if his price tag drops.

But if we're talking starters, then going with Apple.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mikey here again. A couple months back I asked you if I could only sign either Q. Spain or Larry O. who do I sign. You guys chose Q.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-You-get-to-Re-Sign-One

Now I need your help again. I gotta pick between Eli Apple and Riley Reiff. So who you got?
I'd go Apple.

I think he has more upside and long-term potential than Reiff.

At this stage of Reiff's career he's a solid 1 to 2 year stop gap.

Apple is only 26, is having the best year of his career, and has a high upside pedigree as a former top 10 pick. He has held down the starter role even with Waynes allegedly healthy.

Plus, I think the perception on Apple is still cautious around the league, especially since his personality is...grating... I think we could sign him for a relative bargain.

Plus, when it comes to rookies, tackles generally have success earlier than corners. I hear corner is the hardest position to transition from college to the NFL.

I think it's more likely we can nab a day 1 starter at RT from the draft than CB. Especially with how late we're picking.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He exists on the roster.  Just not on the field.

Truth.

(01-24-2022, 11:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Only want to sign Reiff as a back up per he can't stay on the field.

Yet would like to keep him as a back up if his price tag drops.

But if we're talking starters, then going with Apple.

Yes, you sign both of them same as we should do with Spain and Ogunjobi along with BJ Hill.

Honestly I keep BJ Hill if we are talking between him and Larry Ogunjobi too honestly.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Apple. I think he'll be cheaper and Reiff worries me that as he ages, he'll frequently be hurt.

Continue to be hurt.

3 straight seasons for him now with missed time due to injury.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Waynes is never healthy though so he doesn't exist.

(01-24-2022, 11:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He exists on the roster.  Just not on the field.

Shrodinger's Waynes?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I voted for Apple for two reasons. First his level of play has increased as the season has progressed. The coaching staff seems to really be getting the 1st round talent in him to develop more and more. The second is that health, Apple has been available while Reiff has been down. Apple being healthy has been a major help to this team with Waynes being hurt.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Apple is the choice.

Reiff was already injury prone. He’s probably nothing more than a backup G/T from now on. At least on teams with decent o lines. I’m good with LT and LG. Not ready to give up on Carman at RG but would like some competition for him. Real upgrades at C and RT are what I want. Move on from aging mediocre Reiff. He served his purpose and was ok but injured yet again and wasn’t a strength when healthy.

Apple has been very good once he settled in. Should be relatively cheap still. Don’t like him running his mouth and tweeting nonsense but that will keep his price tag low too.

Keep Apple, upgrade Reiff in draft or FA. Not that their is any reason we should have to let one walk if we wanted both.
Reply/Quote
I would be leaning towards neither
I think Reiff is getting old so draft/sign someone at RT

Apple just made a huge play but he got beat a lot during this year. Between the two I guess I would go with Apple only if he wasn’t hitting the salary cap very hard.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:43 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would be leaning towards neither

Apple just made a huge play but he got beat a lot during this year. Between the two I guess I would go with Apple only if he wasn’t hitting the salary cap very hard.

He was actually one of the best CB’s in the league after our bye week. Got off to a rough start but has been very good down the stretch. And he was signed to be what? Our 4-5th CB and has stepped up as a starter due to injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:43 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would be leaning towards neither

Apple has done more than enough for them to bring him back. This season would have been totally lost if not for him stepping up like did from right around the bye on.

He basically forced the team to keep a CB making 15 million dollars a year on the bench.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He was actually one of the best CB’s in the league after our bye week. Got off to a rough start but has been very good down the stretch. And he was signed to be what? Our 4-5th CB and has stepped up as a starter due to injury.

This. It is a what have you done for me lately league and Apple has been very good lately.

I would keep him and Reiff though and add more in FA to the Tackle position and the OL all over and draft a Corner early.

Make OL deep and add to our Corner depth. Keep Bates too, I know we cannot keep everybody but I sure would like to.
Reply/Quote