Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You go to New England for Championships, not checks!
.....from the mouth of Martellus Bennett. Seemed to be the theme from all of the players I heard post-game. Take note Bengals Organization. Do not hang your hat on winning seasons and playoff appearances. NO ONE CARES! It's about Championships....PERIOD!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well he is about to get paid in FA this off season, so it all comes back around.
Reply/Quote
Not sure what the point is...

Do we stop the pay roll? Ninja
Reply/Quote
It is all about championships, but I don't think many free agents think "I'll go to Cincinnati and cash in".
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:10 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It is all about championships, but I don't think many free agents think "I'll go to Cincinnati and cash in".

I don't think many good FA's come here, period. MJ came back because he was comfy with everyone. LaFell came here off his worst season looking for a rebound. Guys like Dansby and Hawk were done. Harrison wanted to stay in the AFCN and the Bengals were his 3rd choice. TO wanted to play with Chad and had few options. Nobody would touch Pacman.

It is what it is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think many good FA's come here, period. MJ came back because he was comfy with everyone. LaFell came here off his worst season looking for a rebound. Guys like Dansby and Hawk were done. Harrison wanted to stay in the AFCN and the Bengals were his 3rd choice. TO wanted to play with Chad and had few options. Nobody would touch Pacman.

It is what it is.

Isn't it a bit of a cycle, be it boom or bust?

People will take less to play for NE because they are good and they are also good because they have more good players because they save money on players and can therefore have more good players...which makes them good

People need more to play for the Browns because they stink and they also stink because they constantly need to overpay players to play there which leads to less good players...which makes them stink

We are a bit different, because even when we are decent I would wager the reputation of Mike Brown as a cheap-o scares some FA's off.  
Reply/Quote
Gotta pay FAs more if you're the Bengals. Otherwise, how can they afford Gatorade? They sure can't take any home with them, right Jonathan Joseph?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Gotta pay FAs more if you're the Bengals. Otherwise, how can they afford Gatorade? They sure can't take any home with them, right Jonathan Joseph?

Ahh, I do recall the lovely debates we'd have about stuff like that.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Isn't it a bit of a cycle, be it boom or bust?

People will take less to play for NE because they are good and they are also good because they have more good players because they save money on players and can therefore have more good players...which makes them good

People need more to play for the Browns because they stink and they also stink because they constantly need to overpay players to play there which leads to less good players...which makes them stink

We are a bit different, because even when we are decent I would wager the reputation of Mike Brown as a cheap-o scares some FA's off.  

Right on all counts, I'd say. Mike doesn't like to spend on free agents. Drafted players are cheaper and he can often convince his drafted players to stay for less guaranteed money. He really hates putting lots of guaranteed money on contracts, and I think that's another reason he avoids external FA's...unless they're bottom rung guys that don't want much guaranteed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This is making the Cincinnati victory over the Patriots back in 2013 look even more improbable.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 10:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is making the Cincinnati victory over the Patriots back in 2013 look even more improbable.

Mike Zimmer pulled that off.  Look at the first half last night.  They pummeled Brady.  As a result....he was erratic....happy feet....severely off target....horrible throw on the pick six....and there should have been a couple more picks.  Zimmer knew the key is to hit Tom and hit him often.  He becomes human without 5/6 seconds to throw the ball which leads to WRs running wide open all over the field.  Somehow.....Belicheck was not able to counter what Zim was doing.  The rain helped too.  Bill countered the Falcons last night.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 11:22 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Mike Zimmer pulled that off.  Look at the first half last night.  They pummeled Brady.  As a result....he was erratic....happy feet....severely off target....horrible throw on the pick six....and there should have been a couple more picks.  Zimmer knew the key is to hit Tom and hit him often.  He becomes human without 5/6 seconds to throw the ball which leads to WRs running wide open all over the field.  Somehow.....Belicheck was not able to counter what Zim was doing.  The rain helped too.  Bill countered the Falcons last night.

I'll never forget Geno Atkins body slamming Tom Brady to the turf. Geno hit him so hard Giselle felt it.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 11:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'll never forget Geno Atkins body slamming Tom Brady to the turf.  Geno hit him so hard Giselle felt it.

That was beautiful.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:10 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It is all about championships, but I don't think many free agents think "I'll go to Cincinnati and cash in".

They come here because................

Shit I cant think of any reason why.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:18 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They come here because................

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 11:18 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They come here because................

Free Gatorade?  Indoor practice facility?  Over-sized towels?  HDMI cables for reasonable rates?  The list is endless.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 12:09 PM)bengals67 Wrote: :andy:

Cool uniforms!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 11:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Mike Zimmer pulled that off.  Look at the first half last night.  They pummeled Brady.  As a result....he was erratic....happy feet....severely off target....horrible throw on the pick six....and there should have been a couple more picks.  Zimmer knew the key is to hit Tom and hit him often.  He becomes human without 5/6 seconds to throw the ball which leads to WRs running wide open all over the field.  Somehow.....Belicheck was not able to counter what Zim was doing.  The rain helped too.  Bill countered the Falcons last night.

Good lord, you're still talking about that game? 
Reply/Quote