Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You guys got buttf***ed
(01-07-2023, 03:51 PM)Niagara Wrote: Never seen a limited football fan board anywhere else in the NFL. Obviously, the Bengals fans prefer a rah rah echo chamber.

LMAO, you probably need to read the threads before saying that. There is absolutely criticism of the team. JN is for Bengals fans only because of all of the echoing from opponents that clog up the threads. 

All of the tired shit about the criminals, etc, that have as much relevance these days as dot matrix paper. When opposing fans come in there during game week and show they actually know a little football, they are typically allowed to post.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Like mimicking CPR during a sack celebration less than a week removed from a cardiac arrest on the field of play? That kind of classless? Mellow

I had to Google that because I didn’t see it when it happened.  The worst case scenario is if it was an intentional reference to Hamlin, but I doubt that. There’s no known bad blood between the players or the teams, and Hamlin has college ties to both Pittsburgh and Pickett.  I think it’s more likely a poorly timed use of a fairly common celebration. And yes, definitely classless in either case.  

On the other hand, it’s far more clear that what Brad has been doing is intentional.  For well over a decade, he has consistently and intentionally made light of the alleged victims’ plight by using a very terrible situation to make jokes.  He tries to justify it by deflecting attention from himself to Ben’s guilt.  But that’s a completely separate issue.  You can believe he’s guilty while at the same time refraining from making fun of the whole thing out of respect for the alleged victims.  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:36 AM)treee Wrote: This kind of smack talk is tasteless and played out imo. We should all agree to move beyond posts like this to make the subforum better. They always play out the same way and leaves everyone feeling shitty. There are players with character concerns on literally every roster. Any talk pertaining to these subjects should be focused on the victims and not using them as a pawn to win an internet argument.

In this case, he wasn’t even trying to win an argument.  By his own admission he was making a joke. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:17 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: In this case, he wasn’t even trying to win an argument.  By his own admission he was making a joke. 

I agree. I very rarely frequent this forum, but any joke that considers rape as the butt of the joke is tasteless and disgusting. I'm a bit surprised that someone typed that out, looked at it before posting, and said "yep, this is a real knee slapper LUL". 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:50 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree. I very rarely frequent this forum, but any joke that considers rape as the butt of the joke is tasteless and disgusting. I'm a bit surprised that someone typed that out, looked at it before posting, and said "yep, this is a real knee slapper LUL". 

He’s been doing it regularly for over ten years.  But to be fair, it seems only recently that Bengal fans are starting to call him out on it.  He got plenty of positive reinforcement in the last decade.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:24 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Again, this isn’t about debating his guilt. It’s about using a tragic situation to get laughs.

Tragic situation?

I thought he was innocent?
Reply/Quote
Wink 
(01-09-2023, 01:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Tragic situation?  

I thought he was innocent?

You always assume I think so, but I have never made a claim one way or another.  I have only ever argued against your certainty, never your conclusion.  

But why should what I think make a difference?  If you are so certain he did it, certainly you think it’s tragic, no?  

Yet, over the last decade plus, you have gone out of your way to make light of it with jokes and smack. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:24 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You always assume I think so, but I have never made a claim one way or another.  I have only ever argued against your certainty, never your conclusion.  

But why should what I think make a difference?  If you are so certain he did it, certainly you think it’s tragic, no?  

Yet, over the last decade plus, you have gone out of your way to make light of it with jokes and smack. 

When have I EVER made light of it?

I do joke about it because you cheer for and support someone that did the worst possible thing to multiple women.

And you argue against the certainty, but have yet to offer ANY, NOT ONE, explanation of how he could be innocent.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When have I EVER made light of it?

I do joke about it because you cheer for and support someone that did the worst possible thing to multiple women.

And you argue against the certainty, but have yet to offer ANY, NOT ONE, explanation of how he could be innocent.

You make light of it every time you insert it into a conversation that doesn’t even have anything to do with misconduct, rape, or even Ben.  Using it as a smack tool is essentially using the alleged victims as pawns, as treee pointed out earlier.  

As for your final point, all I’m saying is that no one knows for sure.  There’s no burden of proof for that.  The burden of proof falls on the one who is certain.  And, contrary to what you may think, being the poster boy for confirmation bias does not constitute proof.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 05:57 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You make light of it every time you insert it into a conversation that doesn’t even have anything to do with misconduct, rape, or even Ben.  Using it as a smack tool is essentially using the alleged victims as pawns, as treee pointed out earlier.  

As for your final point, all I’m saying is that no one knows for sure.  There’s no burden of proof for that.  The burden of proof falls in the one who is certain.  And, contrary to what you may think, being the poster boy for confirmation bias does not constitute proof.  

HilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilarious

You lose ALL CREDIBILITY when you say things like "no one knows for sure" and implying there's EVEN A CHANCE that he's innocent!

By the way, which time are you implying that he's possibly innocent? All of them?
Reply/Quote
Boy did this thread go off of the rails.....

Glad you all took the silly coin flip out of the equation.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 06:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: HilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilariousHilarious

You lose ALL CREDIBILITY when you say things like "no one knows for sure" and implying there's EVEN A CHANCE that he's innocent!

By the way, which time are you implying that he's possibly innocent? All of them?

If you have proof, why don’t you submit it to the authorities rather than sitting around a smack forum making one-liners?  

If you have incontrovertible proof that can get the guy locked up, what are you doing arguing with me?  By all means, get it done!   

But if what you’ve got can’t accomplish that, then maybe my statement isn’t so crazy after all.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:11 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Boy did this thread go off of the rails.....

Sorry.  I hadn’t tangled with Brad for a while, and I guess I missed the sensation of banging my head against a wall.  I’ll stop feeding him.  

This is a good place to stop, because your reminder of what the thread is actually about is a good demonstration of how he disrespects the alleged victims by inserting the topic for laughs and smack value into the most unrelated of topics. Hell, after doing it for more than a decade, I think he may have forgotten how to smack talk without using it.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 05:34 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If you have proof, why don’t you submit it to the authorities rather than sitting around a smack forum making one-liners?  

If you have incontrovertible proof that can get the guy locked up, what are you doing arguing with me?  By all means, get it done!   

But if what you’ve got can’t accomplish that, then maybe my statement isn’t so crazy after all.

Why would I waste my time doing that when most of the country has forgotten about it?

The Statute of limitations is almost definitely up.

In the one case, Ben paid off the victim. It probably happened in other cases, too.

Yes, your statement is that crazy.

Keep supporting a rapist. It's a good look.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:11 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Boy did this thread go off of the rails.....

You tried to be nice.  We'll have none of that!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:11 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I had to Google that because I didn’t see it when it happened.  The worst case scenario is if it was an intentional reference to Hamlin, but I doubt that. There’s no known bad blood between the players or the teams, and Hamlin has college ties to both Pittsburgh and Pickett.  I think it’s more likely a poorly timed use of a fairly common celebration. And yes, definitely classless in either case.  

On the other hand, it’s far more clear that what Brad has been doing is intentional.  For well over a decade, he has consistently and intentionally made light of the alleged victims’ plight by using a very terrible situation to make jokes.  He tries to justify it by deflecting attention from himself to Ben’s guilt.  But that’s a completely separate issue.  You can believe  he’s guilty while at the same time refraining from making fun of the whole thing out of respect for the alleged victims.  

To the first, I don't really believe it was an intentional mockery, but talk about tone deaf!

Fair enough....but no one had less respect for the victims than the associated courts and Pig Pen himself.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: To the first, I don't really believe it was an intentional mockery, but talk about tone deaf!

Fair enough....but no one had less respect for the victims than the associated courts and Pig Pen himself.

Yeah, I don’t think it was malicious, but it was really, REALLY dumb.  

I’m not sure what the courts had to do with anything.  Neither case went to criminal court, and the one that went to civil court was settled.   But I’ll agree with you on Ben.  Even in his version of events, his behavior was shameful and showed a severe lack of judgment.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 08:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why would I waste my time doing that when most of the country has forgotten about it?

The Statute of limitations is almost definitely up.

In the one case, Ben paid off the victim. It probably happened in other cases, too.

Yes, your statement is that crazy.

Keep supporting a rapist. It's a good look.

I was going to stop derailing the thread, but, what the heck, the topic is irrelevant now anyway. 

You just admitted that you think pursuing justice is a waste of time if people have ‘forgotten about’ the injustice.  Wow.  I suppose you don’t see that as being disrespectful to the victims either, huh?  

The statute of limitations is officially twelve years.  Which means that if it is up, it’s only JUST NOW up. So, if you did have sufficient proof to put him away, you spent twelve years making jokes about it instead of doing something.  But hey, that would be okay because people have forgotten about it, right?  

Fortunately, though, you don’t have to worry, because we all know you didn’t have anything of the sort.

So, I guess we should just agree to disagree so you can start looking for the next thread to derail by inserting inappropriate and unrelated rape humor into it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:18 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I was going to stop derailing the thread, but, what the heck, the topic is irrelevant now anyway. 

You just admitted that you think pursuing justice is a waste of time if people have ‘forgotten about’ the injustice.  Wow.  I suppose you don’t see that as being disrespectful to the victims either, huh?  

The statute of limitations is officially twelve years.  Which means that if it is up, it’s only JUST NOW up. So, if you did have sufficient proof to put him away, you spent twelve years making jokes about it instead of doing something.  But hey, that would be okay because people have forgotten about it, right?  

Fortunately, though, you don’t have to worry, because we all know you didn’t have anything of the sort.

So, I guess we should just agree to disagree so you can start looking for the next thread to derail by inserting inappropriate and unrelated rape humor into it.

Hilarious.

Ben had his bodyguards guard the door and forced the girl in while Ben raped her.

You're arguing that the girl would have gone in there without being forced and that there was no need to guard the bathroom because she enjoyed it?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious.

Ben had his bodyguards guard the door and forced the girl in while Ben raped her.

You're arguing that the girl would have gone in there without being forced and that there was no need to guard the bathroom because she enjoyed it?

Okay, unless you start addressing what you said and stop pretending I said stuff I didn’t, we’re done here.  

I’m not going to get sucked into an argument over exactly what happened.  Contrary to your imagination, I have zero interest in arguing the other side.  The only reason I entered this conversation was to talk about whether it’s appropriate to make rape the subject of jokes.  You’ve made your position on that abundantly clear, so I guess that’s a second reason why we’re done here.  
Reply/Quote