Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You guys have a cool thing here.
Very cool indeed.

I like to visit as many NFL forums as I can because I love to see what other fans are talking about and what their different perspectives are about the Bengals, but let me tell you, there are some rough forums around the league. Not on ugly to the eye, but clunky as hell and load rates of a constipated slug on sandpaper. If anyone's ever visited the Patriots or Steelers sites, in particular, you know what I mean.

I'm really digging this site though. Nice clean feel, shit's easy to find and you have a nice variety outside of just football talk. I also visit CincyJungle sometimes, but they are becoming increasingly cluttered and trying the read the comments section gives me a migraine.

I have to give you guys two big thumbs up for this site. I'm glad I joined and look forward to being a part of your community.

One question as well. What is the policy for posting in an old thread. I've already seen a couple of topics in this section and in the TV/Music section that I would like to throw my two cents in, but I noticed they haven't been active in awhile.
Reply/Quote
What team are you a fan of?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:12 PM)wcu Wrote: What team are you a fan of?

I've been a Bengals fan since the Super Bowl season of 1981. I had watched some Bengals games with my old man in '79 and '80, but it wasn't until he took me to 3 games in '81 that I became an actual "fan" and dammit, I've been hooked ever since. LOL
Reply/Quote
It’s yours too
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:24 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s yours too

Thanks man. I wish my wife felt the same way about our bank account.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:39 PM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: Thanks man. I wish my wife felt the same way about our bank account.  Whatever

It is one of the better NFL fan sites as far as ease of use and other topics..
I guess I never really thought much about it until now.. At least it's not garish with dark team colors..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: It is one of the better NFL fan sites as far as ease of use and other topics..
I guess I never really thought much about it until now.. At least it's not garish with dark team colors..

I was looking through the list of "moods" and was wondering if there's any way you can view them before you pick one?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:50 PM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: One question as well. What is the policy for posting in an old thread. I've already seen a couple of topics in this section and in the TV/Music section that I would like to throw my two cents in, but I noticed they haven't been active in awhile.

If there is a thread you can respond to it regardless of it's age. Main thing to remember here is to be respectable to other posters, even if they are not because eventually they are handled accordingly. It wouldn't hurt to read the COC http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-BengalsBoard-Code-of-Conduct 

We have some rules but not to the extent where you have to be a stick in the mud. Just have fun and enjoy yourself and welcome to our community. As you said, it's a pretty cool place. So much so, I know I'm not the only fan on here who's spouse complains I spend too much time on here. LOL. 

My Names HarleyDog and I'm a Bengalboardaholic! ("Hi Dog")!   Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Welcome. Bring up any old thread you like.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Come on in, the water's fine.  Welcome aboard. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This site was created when the "mother ship" (official bengals.com site) was taken away from us a couple years ago. Bengalholic developed the site and pretty much made it look EXACTLY like the old one. We all scrambled during the final days on the old site and found ourselves here.

A lot of use are holdovers from the original site and there are also many new people. Good to have you on board.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: If there is a thread you can respond to it regardless of it's age. Main thing to remember here is to be respectable to other posters, even if they are not because eventually they are handled accordingly. It wouldn't hurt to read the COC http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-BengalsBoard-Code-of-Conduct 

We have some rules but not to the extent where you have to be a stick in the mud. Just have fun and enjoy yourself and welcome to our community. As you said, it's a pretty cool place. So much so, I know I'm not the only fan on here who's spouse complains I spend too much time on here. LOL. 

My Names HarleyDog and I'm a Bengalboardaholic! ("Hi Dog")!   Hilarious

Thanks my man. 

(01-11-2018, 11:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This site was created when the "mother ship" (official bengals.com site) was taken away from us a couple years ago. Bengalholic developed the site and pretty much made it look EXACTLY like the old one. We all scrambled during the final days on the old site and found ourselves here.

A lot of use are holdovers from the original site and there are also many new people. Good to have you on board.

Interesting back story. Why did they choose to disband the previous forum? The only thing I've ever used Bengals.com for is news on the home page and the video section. I didn't realize they ever had their own forum.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:59 PM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: Thanks my man. 

Interesting back story. Why did they choose to disband the previous forum? The only thing I've ever used Bengals.com for is news on the home page and the video section. I didn't realize they ever had their own forum.

It was a tab on the home page.....I can't even remember now if it said "community", or "message board".  The team went to Facebook, Twitter, etc....saying the message boards weren't viable anymore.  Some speculate it was due to the negativity that has been festering around the organization for a few years now......others pointed to costs......they never came out and said why that I recall.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was a tab on the home page.....I can't even remember now if it said "community", or "message board".  The team went to Facebook, Twitter, etc....saying the message boards weren't viable anymore.  Some speculate it was due to the negativity that has been festering around the organization for a few years now......others pointed to costs......they never came out and said why that I recall.

I think it was called "fan zone". 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:59 PM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: Thanks my man. 

If you look around it doesn't seem there are very many message boards attached to the official sites anymore.  most seem independent now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was a tab on the home page.....I can't even remember now if it said "community", or "message board".  The team went to Facebook, Twitter, etc....saying the message boards weren't viable anymore.  Some speculate it was due to the negativity that has been festering around the organization for a few years now......others pointed to costs......they never came out and said why that I recall.

(01-11-2018, 03:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think it was called "fan zone". 

It was Message Board, but you went through the Fan Zone  tab to get there unless you went to the Message Board link at the very bottom of the page.  I don't think most people knew that link was there.  The team certainly didn't, as the link was there until last year, even after multiple emails by yours truly to ask them to remove the dead link.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:50 PM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: Very cool indeed.

I like to visit as many NFL forums as I can because I love to see what other fans are talking about and what their different perspectives are about the Bengals, but let me tell you, there are some rough forums around the league. Not on ugly to the eye, but clunky as hell and load rates of a constipated slug on sandpaper. If anyone's ever visited the Patriots or Steelers sites, in particular, you know what I mean.

I'm really digging this site though. Nice clean feel, shit's easy to find and you have a nice variety outside of just football talk. I also visit CincyJungle sometimes, but they are becoming increasingly cluttered and trying the read the comments section gives me a migraine.

I have to give you guys two big thumbs up for this site. I'm glad I joined and look forward to being a part of your community.

One question as well. What is the policy for posting in an old thread. I've already seen a couple of topics in this section and in the TV/Music section that I would like to throw my two cents in, but I noticed they haven't been active in awhile.

If you see a thread an want to post in it please do so...  When your not busy being banned of course.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If you see a thread an want to post in it please do so...  When your not busy being banned of course.

I see some of his aliases still posting, so we're good.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote