Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You just won 275M and 3 days later you gotta go to your job
I think we neglect the human aspect of football.

Burrow had his worst game as a Bengals and we talk about his throws and stuff but Joe had a crazy week once you think about it.

He’s a 26 year old who signed a 275M dollar contract, sat on that for 3 days before going to work. Those 3 days must’ve been filled with every emotion known to man.

I know Joe gives off that cool guy vibe but if i was 26, won 275M and had to sit on it for a weekend i would not know what to do. It’s possible Joe partied or even if he’s not the party guy, whatever he did in those 3 days could have affected this game. It’s also possible he had really high stress and anxiety this weekend and just wasn’t prepared for today.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I gotta make some excuse guys cmon
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:47 PM)Housh Wrote: I think we neglect the human aspect of football.

Burrow had his worst game as a Bengals and we talk about his throws and stuff but Joe had a crazy week once you think about it.

He’s a 26 year old who signed a 275M dollar contract, sat on that for 3 days before going to work. Those 3 days must’ve been filled with every emotion known to man.

I know Joe gives off that cool guy vibe but if i was 26, won 275M and had to sit on it for a weekend i would not know what to do. It’s possible Joe partied or even if he’s not the party guy, whatever he did in those 3 days could have affected this game. It’s also possible he had really high stress and anxiety this weekend and just wasn’t prepared for today.

or maybe he just failed as a player today.. it happens, now lets rebound against Ravens.. or 0-2 in division is much worse than last year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He had 275 million reasons to be ready to play.
Reply/Quote
we woulda been more competive witb browning today im pretty sure
Reply/Quote
The 275 mil is the very reason he deserves no excuse.

He’s getting shit on out there and he deserves it. Every bit. And he was just as cool
as a cucumber at the press conference.

If he comes back next week, plays well and acts like he gives a shit, cool.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The 275 mil is the very reason he deserves no excuse.

He’s getting shit on out there and he deserves it. Every bit. And he was just as cool
as a cucumber at the press conference.

If he comes back next week, plays well and acts like he gives a shit, cool.

yessir
Reply/Quote
I was preying to the football Gods not to play Joe today. Had a horrible feeling. Don’t think it would have mattered who was in there with the way this offensive unit looked, including coaches, play calling etc. Not sure how it’s possible for a team to look so bad when they had months of perpetrations.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:55 PM)Leon Wrote: we woulda been more competive witb browning today im pretty sure

ZT magically turns into Dave Shula when Burrow is still in college or injured.
Reply/Quote
He didn’t win it. That’s what he is being paid to win games. And he will, but that was pathetic.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Burrow deserves the burn today, richly so. He was terrible out there and probably cost us any shot at home field advantage. His strong suit is supposed to be accuracy and today he was grossly inaccurate.
Reply/Quote
It’s one of the reasons I was sure they wouldn’t sign him after Wednesday. Why were they even distracting him with this this week? A presser yesterday. Just poorly handled all around. The contract should have been done. At least then there wouldn’t be so much buyers remorse in the jungle with it just happening.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I admire the positivity but I don't think that had anything to do with it. He just doesn't seem like that kinda dude. That's like a Jamarcus Russell / Raiders situation. He's better than that. The more I think about it though, and you guys know I think Burrow walks on water, dude today falls on him. Man, I feel like it had to be his hands, right? That's the only thing I can think of, I mean he hates gloves and had to resort to that. I'm 5'10 and not an athlete and I have a slightly bigger reach than he does.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT magically turns into Dave Shula when Burrow is still in college or injured.

Even with him he’s a bad playcaller. And that’s hard to do with this talent.

But we are so accustomed to blaming the OL..
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: It’s one of the reasons I was sure they wouldn’t sign him after Wednesday. Why were they even distracting him with this this week? A presser yesterday. Just poorly handled all around. The contract should have been done. At least then there wouldn’t be so much buyers remorse in the jungle with it just happening.

Only dumb people have buyer remorse. 

These are professionals, they should be able handling signing a contract at halftime and it not be a distraction.

Reply/Quote
"sports entertainment" they said.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely CAN NOT continue with the headband after this performance.

And needs a haircut pronto.

Look, we all make mistakes. The important thing is to learn from those mistakes, make the corrections, and move forward in a cooler way.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:55 PM)TKUHL Wrote: He had 275 million reasons to be ready to play.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
We scored one more point(s) than Sacks givin up. So there’s that…..
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow deserves the burn today, richly so. He was terrible out there and probably cost us any shot at home field advantage. His strong suit is supposed to be accuracy and today he was grossly inaccurate.

Settle down. It’s literally the first game of the season.

Home field advantage? Are you serious right now? Let’s at least get through 6 or so games before this is visited again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote