Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You just won 275M and 3 days later you gotta go to your job
The one 2020 QB that didn't get paid this off-season:

466 yards, 3 TDs, 110 QBR (1-0)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He didn’t win it. That’s what he is being paid to win games. And he will, but that was pathetic.

This. 

Also it wasn't some surprise he was getting the money. And he is already a multi-millionaire. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:47 PM)Housh Wrote: I think we neglect the human aspect of football.

Burrow had his worst game as a Bengals and we talk about his throws and stuff but Joe had a crazy week once you think about it.

He’s a 26 year old who signed a 275M dollar contract, sat on that for 3 days before going to work. Those 3 days must’ve been filled with every emotion known to man.

I know Joe gives off that cool guy vibe but if i was 26, won 275M and had to sit on it for a weekend i would not know what to do. It’s possible Joe partied or even if he’s not the party guy, whatever he did in those 3 days could have affected this game. It’s also possible he had really high stress and anxiety this weekend and just wasn’t prepared for today.

Not sure how much of an effect it had but I would have to think there is something to it.  You hear players talk about it all the time, the contract hanging over their head.  It's such a distraction teams/players always want it done before the season starts, and in this case it got done late in the week.  Then the signing on Saturday, jump on a plane to Cleveland and try to act normal and play a game.

Definitely there is an effect to some degree.  No doubt about it.  JB is human.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: It’s one of the reasons I was sure they wouldn’t sign him after Wednesday. Why were they even distracting him with this this week? A presser yesterday. Just poorly handled all around. The contract should have been done. At least then there wouldn’t be so much buyers remorse in the jungle with it just happening.

There are only a few on here with buyers remorse.  Like 275M is going to make Joe win every game.  Some people just live their lives always looking at the negative and the glass half full.  Usually it's an envy of others thing.

Just silly people are reacting like he signed this big contact and now is going to be bad all of a sudden.  Get over it, starting QB's in the NFL make lots of money - even the ones that never go to the playoffs.  The good ones, like Burrow, hit the home runs and become the richest player in NFL history at some point.  Next year Trevor Lawrence will take that from Burrow.  It's how it works.  It doesn't make them any better or worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:39 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: There are only a few on here with buyers remorse. 

On here. Social media has turned on Burrow and the big contract. He's being mocked relentlessly.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote