Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"You're The Only One That Mentions 6 SBs....."
Apparently "everyone" is Brad. In fact, the reason I put you on ignore was because after I said "the reason the Ravens may have waited until the video surfaced was that they were worried he'd challenge the legality of the punishment and being cut if it happened before the video was released". I, however, called for him to be cut as soon as the details were released about him assaulting her.

It's pretty clear I was not defending Ray Rice. You then started going on about how I was defending him and supporting his attack on her. No one in their right mind would even think that, but you're not in your right mind. You sit here and defend Pacman while trying to attack me for defending Ray Rice even though I have never defended him. I believe I called you a "sack of shit", an opinion I still hold about you. Anyone who defends men who attack women is a waste of space.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 05:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, YOU IGNORE THE FACT that you DIDN'T call him out immediately after the incident and defended the Ravens for keeping him.  You said that they just needed the tape.

However, AFTER, the tape went public, you posted that he was a d bag, but, if you were just defending the right for the Ravens to keep him before the tape went public, why wouldn't you have called him a d bag all along?

It's cute that you'll avoid answering this again because you defend women-beaters.

So?

What if the incident went down like the 3rd incident here at 0:59? 

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 01:32 PM)Vlad Wrote: So?

What if the incident went down like the 3rd incident here at 0:59? 

That video's ****** putrid.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 02:34 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol!

It's the reason you had me on ignore!  

You called for him to be cut the day the video surfaced, but you defended him when the initial story broke!  That's 100% fact!  You claimed that the Ravens needed the tape to suspend him but wouldn't offer any other explanation for what could have happened!

I don't know exactly what went down, but if it did like you describe, then he's not really being hypocritical at all.

A lot of accusations are thrown at players and there's nothing wrong with waiting for the all of the facts to come out before you make up your mind. If Pats stance was 'wait and see' and didn't condemn him until the video surfaced, then so what?

Remember the Duke Lacross team?

Jerome Bettis was accused of raping a girl during training camp at the end of his career. Turned out to be total BS.

How about Ickey Woods and half of your last Bengal team to win a playoff game being accused of gang raping a girl in Seattle in the 90s? Did you condemn Ickey then and almost 1/2 the team back then? Or did you think that she deserved it because of gender equality? 

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/09/sports/pro-football-20-named-in-rape-case.html
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 08:56 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And they make it SOOOOO easy...like defending the dirtiest player in the league.

Or the women in your family.

Plus it's not like Steelers fans have firm ground to stand on, given all the years they defended people like Ward and Harrison.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 04:11 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I don't know exactly what went down, but if it did like you describe, then he's not really being hypocritical at all.

A lot of accusations are thrown at players and there's nothing wrong with waiting for the all of the facts to come out before you make up your mind. If Pats stance was 'wait and see' and didn't condemn him until the video surfaced, then so what?

Jerome Bettis was accused of raping a girl during training camp at the end of his career. Turned out to be total BS.

How about Ickey Woods and half of your last Bengal team to win a playoff game being accused of gang raping a girl in Seattle in the 90s? Did you condemn Ickey then and almost 1/2 the team back then? Or did you think that she deserved it because of gender equality? 

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/09/sports/pro-football-20-named-in-rape-case.html

I believe everyone or close to everyone accused was gone within two years.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Wow. We need to get some games rollin' because this hitting women " smack" has drug on for over a month thru multiple threads..... It's lame, and makes some of us sound stupid.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 04:11 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I don't know exactly what went down, but if it did like you describe, then he's not really being hypocritical at all.

You're wasting your time.  Brad only applies common sense like this to situations involving the Bengals. In his mind, everyone else is immediately guilty, because of course they are.
Reply/Quote
 Now we have 2 threads about assaulting women.

So why do Steeler fans mention 6 rings?  I don't know...because we're the only ones that can?

So what pushes a bengals fan sensitivity button more, Steeler fan mentioning 6 rings or Steeler fan mentioning bengal 5 playoff one and done's?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 09:53 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Now we have 2 threads about assaulting women.

So why do Steeler fans mention 6 rings?  I don't know...because we're the only ones that can?

So what pushes a bengals fan sensitivity button more, Steeler fan mentioning 6 rings or Steeler fan mentioning bengal 5 playoff one and done's?

I don't know about the others, but they both make me a raging lunatic.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 09:53 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Now we have 2 threads about assaulting women.

I don't speak for anyone else but neither one bothers me.

You personally don't have 6 Super Bowl rings just like I personally haven't lost 5 straight playoff games and none since the 90's.

If your self image is so broken that you have to use the successes of a professional team to make yourself feel good than you have my pity.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 04:32 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Or the women in your family.

Plus it's not like Steelers fans have firm ground to stand on, given all the years they defended people like Ward and Harrison.

Neither player was half as dirty as Burfict, who's only real rival for truly dirty is Ndomukang Suh.

Harrison was fined 6 times for $150k, over 5 years when the league decided to make him the poster child for hitting too hard.  Burfict has surpassed that in just 3 years.  And Harrison never did any bushleague dirty play like hitting in the groin or twisting ankles.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:30 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Neither player was half as dirty as Burfict, who's only real rival for truly dirty is Ndomukang Suh.

Harrison was fined 6 times for $150k, over 5 years when the league decided to make him the poster child for hitting too hard.  Burfict has surpassed that in just 3 years.  And Harrison never did any bushleague dirty play like hitting in the groin or twisting ankles.

Bwahahahahaha!

...oh you're serious?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Burfict - zero rules made because of him.

Harrison and Ward - where the **** to begin?

The **** outta here with that blind homer shit.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 02:56 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Burfict - zero rules made because of him.

EXCELLENT point!

Ward and Harrison played within the rules....Burfict not so much.

Again, show me where Ward and Harrison hit someone in the groin or twisted ankles.  Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league in decades.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:53 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: EXCELLENT point!

Again, show me where Ward and Harrison hit someone in the groin or twisted ankles.  Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league in decades.

Yeah, there is indeed a difference between pushing the rules to their limit and breaking them outright.  The latter is clearly more 'dirty', and your post showed empirical evidence that Burfict breaks them with greater frequency. 

So now it's up to BPK to demonstrate whether he's going to be rational or go all "Brad" on you...
Reply/Quote
BPK inadvertently worded the perfect explanation of what Steeler fans have been saying for years.

"Burfict - zero rules made because of him."

Ward made legal hits that were as devastating as illegal hits, and eventually a rule was made against him. The "burfict rule" is simply enforcing any number of rules that have been on the books for years - ankle twisting, groin punching, the Brady rule etc.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:53 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: EXCELLENT point!

Playing within the rules doesn't mean you're not a total dirt bag and getting rules made because of your dirt bag ways isn't exactly a shining beacon of 'player A is dirtier than player B'.

Harrison and Ward had rules made because of their dirty play. Hell Shazier just got a rule made stricter because of his dirty play.

Where is the Burfict rule/addendum? Yes he's a dirty player, but he's the same kind of dirty you guys love to make idols out of. He's just in the wrong uniform.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 10:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I don't know who's right here, but I have to say that you are remarkably consistent in your attempts to defend yourself against the use of actual evidence.  LOL
"Actual evidence"?!  The board is no longer in existence.  Pat posted some link that said it proved he was right, but I didn't even bother to look because, if it had proved he was right and didn't defend a woman-beater, he would have posted the actual link to the thread because being called the defender of a woman-beater is a serious thing.

On top of everything, we all remember how it happened, so that's the evidence.
(05-09-2016, 10:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Apparently "everyone" is Brad. In fact, the reason I put you on ignore was because after I said "the reason the Ravens may have waited until the video surfaced was that they were worried he'd challenge the legality of the punishment and being cut if it happened before the video was released". I, however, called for him to be cut as soon as the details were released about him assaulting her.

It's pretty clear I was not defending Ray Rice. You then started going on about how I was defending him and supporting his attack on her. No one in their right mind would even think that, but you're not in your right mind. You sit here and defend Pacman while trying to attack me for defending Ray Rice even though I have never defended him. I believe I called you a "sack of shit", an opinion I still hold about you. Anyone who defends men who attack women is a waste of space.
Rolleyes

Why would they need to wait for the video to surface?!  I'm putting this in bold because, if you could offer one logical possibility, it MIGHT lend some credibility to your defense:  WHAT ELSE COULD POSSIBLY HAVE HAPPENED THAT CAUSED HER TO SUDDENLY BE UNCONSCIOUS?!  I started an entire thread on the old board and you pulled the same thing Fred did in another thread and just posted something off-the-wall so you wouldn't have to answer.

How could he have possibly challenged the legality of the punishment?  If this were any other team, like, say, the Bengals, would you have given him the same freedom from judgment?

Finally, and I'm also putting this in bold so you can't ignore it (just like you did on the old boards):  you DIDN'T call him for him to be cut after the video was release, you called him a piece of shit, BUT WHY WOULDN'T YOU HAVE CALLED HIM A PIECE OF SHIT BEFORE THE VIDEO WAS RELEASED IF IT WAS JUST ABOUT SUSPENDING HIM?!

Funny how you call me a sack of shit, yet I'm not the one defending a man who just hit a woman while not being provoked.  

Really?!  

Offer any logical explanation of why she would suddenly be unconscious when the elevator doors open that didn't involve him knocking her out, and remember that they were also arguing, so it would have to be able to throw that out as a possibility.  
(05-10-2016, 07:00 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You're wasting your time.  Brad only applies common sense like this to situations involving the Bengals. In his mind, everyone else is immediately guilty, because of course they are.

Common sense?!  You accuse me of not using common sense when you're all the ones trying to say that there could have been some other explanation for her being unconscious?!  

I didn't think Steelers and Ravens fans could possibly be any more delusional.  
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:34 PM)6andcounting Wrote: BPK inadvertently worded the perfect explanation of what Steeler fans have been saying for years.

"Burfict - zero rules made because of him."

Ward made legal hits that were as devastating as illegal hits, and eventually a rule was made against him. The "burfict rule" is simply enforcing any number of rules that have been on the books for years - ankle twisting, groin punching, the Brady rule etc.

I do tend to be more eloquent than those who wave their danty little piss rags.

Have you ever heard the saying 'what's wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it'? Just because blindside hits and using the crown of your helmet was legal doesn't make it right.

Yes Burfict is a total scum bag and does things that irritate the shit out of me. But as many a Steelers fan has said in defense of some of their more 'passionate' players, the good tends to outweigh the bad.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not many Bengals fans venture in here, and a lot of them won't take my back in any way, regardless of the position or situation, because not all of my ideas don't go with the general flow.

You wrote this in another thread. Very telling. 

A light bulb should go off in your head, but I doubt that it does. 

When your ideas 'don't go with the general flow' then maybe it's time to rethink your ideas. 
Reply/Quote