Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You really need to stop
For the first time in 33 years I am on the verge of finding a new team to root for.

The mishandling of the trade deadline, the lack of accountability, the list goes on and on.

But why should I care more about the bengals than the ownership?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 11:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: For the first time in 33 years I am on the verge of finding a new team to root for.

The mishandling of the trade deadline, the lack of accountability, the list goes on and on.

But why should I care more about the bengals than the ownership?

How much of a lack of accountability is there?

Well Zac says something like: We need a leader to step up at LB and some people act like Zac just ripped into the entire unit and called guys out.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 11:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How much of a lack of accountability is there?

Well Zac says something like: We need a leader to step up at LB and some people act like Zac just ripped into the entire unit and called guys out.

There is no one at LB that is going to step up.

The accountability starts at the top. Without bringing in talented players and some sort of foresight the coach is destined to fail.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: There is no one at LB that is going to step up.

The accountability starts at the top.  Without bringing in talented players and some sort of foresight the coach is destined to fail.

Yeah that's the thing...yelling or trying to motivate guys only goes so far. They either have the talent or don't.
Reply/Quote
OP why don't you take your own advice and move along. Let the rest of us decide if we hope or not your feelings on the matter has no bearing at all on ours.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:27 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: OP why don't you take your own advice and move along. Let the rest of us decide if we hope or not your feelings on the matter has no bearing at all on ours.

If you're comfortable being a lemming and Mike Brown's nice little sheeple, so be it. It's no skin off my teeth. 

I'm just throwing some facts out there for the betterment of those that would get worked up about what's being done with the team they root for. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: this team with Mike Brown as the owner will never put a playoff winning, super bowl contending team, on the field. Ever.

Before Dalton was injured in 2015 we were 10-2 with three wins against playoff teams.  We had the #1 scoring defense in the league and the #4 offense.

That team was good enough to beat anyone.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Before Dalton was injured in 2015 we were 10-2 with three wins against playoff teams.  We had the #1 scoring defense in the league and the #4 offense.

"was"

Didn't.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 03:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "was"

Didn't.

"was" =/= "never"
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 03:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "was" =/= "never"

'91-'19 = never

Reply/Quote
I'm almost surprised Mike Brown hasn't run for president telling us all how since he's rich he could OBVIOUSLY run a nation even better..  The popular narrative is if you're rich you MUST be smarter and MUST work harder than everyone else.
What? Nobody believes Mike Brown would make a GREAT president of our nation? I mean, after all, he IS rich!  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 03:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: '91-'19 = never

That team was a Super Bowl contender before Dalton got injured.  The media back then agreed.  Just because you make a different claim does not mean it is a fact.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 06:37 PM)Mer Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Bengals franchise the only business the Brown family runs or at least the bread winner for them? I thought I read something years ago that all other NFL owners had a main business/company and then they bought their franchise. If that is true then they'll never spend for a winner as long as they're already making millions as losers. As much as it ticks me off as a fan of this sorry team since their first Superbowl if I didn't have to try and still made millions I wouldn't care what anyone says about me either. 

The only way to proactively do anything, as stated by many here before, is to completely stop going to all games and buying any merchandise related to the team. 

Of course then they'd probably use that as an excuse to move somewhere else. 

Since you're all to busy cutting each other down or kissing each others butts to really open your eyes to the real problem I'll answer my own question. Besides the Bengals, only the Bears, Cardinals, Lions, Giants, Raiders, and Stoolers are the other franchises that were inherited by their current owners. All other owners made their money somewhere else and then bought their team. At least according to the article I read that's the case and the Brown family's main source of income is the team. Here's the part from the article about Mike Brown:

CINCINNATI BENGALS: MIKE BROWN

Owner Since: 1991
The Numbers: Mike Brown took over the Bengals after his father’s death in 1991. The team is worth an estimated $990 million.
Total Control: Mike Brown works as the general manager of the Bengals, and is one of only two owners in the NFL to do so. The Cowboys’ Jerry Jones is the other, which doesn’t help Brown in deflecting any criticism that he’s a control freak.
How He Got Rich: Mike Brown’s father, Paul Brown, was the namesake and first coach of Ohio’s other team, the Browns. He went on to co-found and own the Bengals before leaving the team to his son. Like the Halas family, the Browns’ money comes from football. Should football one day cease to exist, the Browns would be penniless and confused, wandering through the Midwest wondering where their publicly-funded stadiums and fortune went. Luckily for them, football has continued to exist and looks relatively stable.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 04:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That team was a Super Bowl contender before Dalton got injured.  The media back then agreed.  Just because you make a different claim does not mean it is a fact.

I've never said they weren't. I just said they didn't. That they didn't is indeed a fact. 

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 07:10 PM)Mer Wrote: Is it possible that in Paul Brown's day you had to win to make any money? Maybe that's why he was so good? 

By all accounts, Paul Brown really liked winning (and having better teams then Cleveland!) and no doubt a winning product brought in more revenue. 

Mikey is not 'driven' to win in any way, shape of form.

Was reading a book on the weekend and it was noted about accomplishing goals - it is not enough to feel you WANT to do something, you need to feel that you HAVE to do it. That is what will create the actions to get it done.

Mikey may want to win but he does not have to.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 06:37 PM)Mer Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Bengals franchise the only business the Brown family runs or at least the bread winner for them? I thought I read something years ago that all other NFL owners had a main business/company and then they bought their franchise. If that is true then they'll never spend for a winner as long as they're already making millions as losers. As much as it ticks me off as a fan of this sorry team since their first Superbowl if I didn't have to try and still made millions I wouldn't care what anyone says about me either. 

The only way to proactively do anything, as stated by many here before, is to completely stop going to all games and buying any merchandise related to the team. 

Of course then they'd probably use that as an excuse to move somewhere else. 

Well i guess that's a difference between some people. I take pride in what I do. Yes, I would care, making millions or not. I certainly don't try to hoodwink anyone.

This family is a bunch of punks. Rich punks. But punks, nonetheless.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:24 AM)SladeX Wrote: Well i guess that's a difference between some people. I take pride in what I do. Yes, I would care, making millions or not. I certainly don't try to hoodwink anyone.

Blackburn's comments in response to fans reaction to the Bobby Hart signing were a peak inside the curtains of what they really think. Basically they feel they own the team so their decisions go...and they know better than the fans.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Before Dalton was injured in 2015 we were 10-2 with three wins against playoff teams.  We had the #1 scoring defense in the league and the #4 offense.

That team without Dalton should have beat the Steelers. But they didn’t for more than 1 reason.

So yes while they were good enough, they still couldn’t.

Also, who is to say dalton plays good in the playoffs anyway... we know that track record.

Andy Dalton’s playoff stats: 0-4-0, 57.8 passer rating, 873 yards, 1 TD, 6 INT.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:24 AM)SladeX Wrote: Well i guess that's a difference between some people. I take pride in what I do. Yes, I would care, making millions or not. I certainly don't try to hoodwink anyone.

I agree. If you're going to do something, do it right. Especially when someone else is funding it for you.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:09 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: The most astonishing thing to me is how Mike, Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke can all sit around the table looking at each other, hearing each other talk, listening to each others ideas...and NOT realize they need to bring in an extremely qualified football person to run this organization. 

I mean, they live in some alternate reality in their inner circle, where they consider themselves competent. The rest of the sports world can see that they aren't, but they are immune to the blatantly obvious...and think those who criticize them (fans and media) are the true clueless ones.

The competition between them is purely on who made the most in the stock market; who got a steal on a property; who has a killer 14 day vacation lined up; when Katie is out of the room they have their Bob Kraft talk on best massage joints to see during the off season.  Well maybe not exactly those topics, but the macho stuff ain't about football and beating the Browns, Steelers or Ravens.

The Bengals are giving them a dream life that few can imagine or attain.  Even better it requires little imagination, risk taking, vision, guts, etc.  Basically all those mental and emotional energy can be used for their real jobs outside of football.
Reply/Quote