Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You really need to stop
Having any kind of "hope" for this team because Mike Brown has always been a half-meaure type of person who doesn't believe in 21st Century NFL football. 

Everything he's ever done and said points to the fact, that you've seen on the field, that he's not willing or capable of doing what is necessary to make this team a legitimate contender. 

Right now, he can't even make this team mediocre.

The sooner fans get it in their heads that no matter what happens--draft, baby steps in FA, HC and coordinator hires, any of it--this team with Mike Brown as the owner will never put a playoff winning, super bowl contending team, on the field. Ever.

Until proven otherwise, there's no reason to believe that anyone in his family will either. 

It's long past time to stop hoping in "hope" because Mike Brown is the Kryptonite to hope and expectations. 

There is ZERO hope that the Bengals will ever be anything other than the doormat of every other NFL franchise from this point on, short of a change in ownership. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Way ahead of you sir
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fh64GbFSw4

our entire franchise and fanbase is living in a nightmare. College basketball time!!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:52 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fh64GbFSw4

our entire franchise and fanbase is living in a nightmare. College basketball time!!

Go Cats!! #BBN

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Having any kind of "hope" for this team because Mike Brown has always been a half-meaure type of person who doesn't believe in 21st Century NFL football. 

Everything he's ever done and said points to the fact, that you've seen on the field, that he's not willing or capable of doing what is necessary to make this team a legitimate contender. 

The sooner fans get it in their heads that no matter what happens--draft, baby steps in FA, HC and coordinator hires, any of it--this team with Mike Brown as the owner will never put a playoff winning, super bowl contending team, on the field. Ever.

Until proven otherwise, there's no reason to believe that anyone in his family will either. 

It's long past time to stop hoping in "hope" because Mike Brown is the Kryptonite to hope and expectations. 

There is ZERO hope that the Bengals will ever be anything other than the doormat of every other NFL franchise from this point on, short of a change in ownership. 

I totally agree and have to say I've reached the point of total apathy with the Mike Brown/Brown family ran Bengals. I've been on the cusp a couple times in the past now I'm fully on the apathy train.

All these threads about new HC, OC, DC, hiring this guy firing that guy, it's all useless with the Clown show running the F.O.

As you say hope is just a fantasy 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Go Cats!! #BBN

Ninja

Oof, go Huskies!
Reply/Quote
My current defense against the bad Bengals was that my CFL team is good, but they just had a Bengals-style playoff meltdown today and they're out...or should I say they are "oot."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:58 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Oof, go Huskies!

Huskies...i'm guessing UConn?

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My current defense against the bad Bengals was that my CFL team is good, but they just had a Bengals-style playoff meltdown today and they're out...or should I say they are "oot."

Take off, eh?

[Image: hoser.png]

Reply/Quote
The most astonishing thing to me is how Mike, Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke can all sit around the table looking at each other, hearing each other talk, listening to each others ideas...and NOT realize they need to bring in an extremely qualified football person to run this organization. 

I mean, they live in some alternate reality in their inner circle, where they consider themselves competent. The rest of the sports world can see that they aren't, but they are immune to the blatantly obvious...and think those who criticize them (fans and media) are the true clueless ones.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:09 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: The most astonishing thing to me is how Mike, Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke can all sit around the table looking at each other, hearing each other talk, listening to each others ideas...and NOT realize they need to bring in an extremely qualified football person to run this organization. 

I mean, they live in some alternate reality in their inner circle, where they consider themselves competent. The rest of the sports would can see that they aren't, but they are immune to the blatantly obvious...and thinks those who criticize them (fans and media) are the true clueless ones.

The world is full of idiots, my man. And idiots--like crazy people--don't know they're idiots. 

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:09 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: The most astonishing thing to me is how Mike, Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke can all sit around the table looking at each other, hearing each other talk, listening to each others ideas...and NOT realize they need to bring in an extremely qualified football person to run this organization. 

I mean, they live in some alternate reality in their inner circle, where they consider themselves competent. The rest of the sports would can see that they aren't, but they are immune to the blatantly obvious...and thinks those who criticize them (fans and media) are the true clueless ones.

What's really amazing to me is that us fans, who don't get paid any money, could run this team better than these people can.

I don't mean the contracts, the schemes or the day to day operations, but having a philosophy and building up from there.

We have it. 

Sure us fans may disagree on which players to draft and who is good and who is not.  However, pick your poison, there are fans that would commit to a philosophy and fire any coach that couldn't meet the basic aspects of that philosophy.

For instance if Defense is your cup of tea.  There are fans that would invest in the DLine, make sure to have the coaches that will get the BEST out of that DLine and if the coach isn't getting the results, then that coach is gone.  If it is secondary, then same thing, get the talent at the secondary and get the coaches that can bring out that talent.

Offense, pick what do you want... finesse, power?  Combination... Air attack, ground attack, high scoring, ball control?  Get the coaches first, then get the players...  coaches can't bring out the best in the players, get rid of the coaches.  If the players are the problem then get rid of the players. 

Right now, we don't seem to know what we want to be and everyone just seems lost and out of place, from the players to the coaches.  Which to me suggest no philosophy or real direction to point the team in.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Having any kind of "hope" for this team because Mike Brown has always been a half-meaure type of person who doesn't believe in 21st Century NFL football. 

Thank you RF!

I've been saying this for years, but most have me on ignore and call me a pessimist!

Maybe now that someone with some forum credibility has said it, people will actually start believing it!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Huskies...i'm guessing UConn?

Yeah, grew up in CT going their now. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:37 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Thank you RF!

I've been saying this for years, but most have me on ignore and call me a pessimist!

Maybe now that someone with some forum credibility has said it, people will actually start believing it!

First, thanks. 
Second, no one listens to a damn thing i say on here.  Sad

Reply/Quote

I mean, they live in some alternate reality in their inner circle, where they consider themselves competent. The rest of the sports world can see that they aren't, but they are immune to the blatantly obvious...and think those who criticize them (fans and media) are the true clueless ones.

Exactly

It's almost like a form of megalomania or something ? Like they've just descended into this alternate reality where they know they're right and ya know they have to be right because they're the Browns ya know. All the other people have failed us. Only a weird set of circumstances has caused our failure ya know, we had a perfect plan, don't you see ?
Reply/Quote
Agreed. We spend hours debating what the right moves are...but they won't make them.

The bar is so low that trading for an injured Cordy Glenn was seen as some revolutionary move. Look how good the Steelers look for trading for Fitzpatrick!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:43 AM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Yeah, grew up in CT going their now. 

Oof, indeed!!

UConn is UK's kryptonite.  Sad

Cost them at least one and possibly two national championships in the last decade. 

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

It's almost like a form of megalomania or something ? Like they've just descended into this alternate reality where they know they're right and ya know they have to be right because they're the Browns ya know. All the other people have failed us. Only a weird set of circumstances has caused our failure ya know, we had a perfect plan, don't you see ?

It's a lot of groupthink...and I suspect they've shifted their metrics for success to financial ones. They're in a league where it's basically impossible to lose money.

When Troy came out in defense of the Bobby Hart signing...it gave a glimpse behind the curtain...and it's not pretty.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:45 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oof, indeed!!

UConn is UK's kryptonite.  Sad

Cost them at least one and possibly two national championships in the last decade. 

we are back on the rise, thank the heavens
Reply/Quote