Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You reap what you sow....
A Dem staffer in Illinois must have read the thread title. It's eerie how similar her sentiments are to some here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/illinois-democratic-staffer-mocks-waukesha-suv-tragedy-that-killed-5/ar-AAR00oy

I wonder if she'll complain when she reaps what she sows?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 03:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh that's not super convincing.

Those may be metro areas where there's more democrats, but the majority of those are heavily red. Local government has an effect, sure, but Missouri is a very republican state. The last four years I was there about every other weekend. You'd have thought trump lived there.

It's almost like it's a top to bottom problem with lots of facets but it's easier to blame the other side. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 03:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A Dem staffer in Illinois must have read the thread title.  It's eerie how similar her sentiments are to some here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/illinois-democratic-staffer-mocks-waukesha-suv-tragedy-that-killed-5/ar-AAR00oy

Here comes that dastardly cancel culture...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Here comes that dastardly cancel culture...

Sometimes I think those things get shared hoping one us will defend it beyond she has a first amendment right to say what she wants but she will suffer the consequences for it.

That really dumb stuff is being said by both sides is neither surprising nor upsetting.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Here comes that dastardly cancel culture...

See, to me that word gets used incorrectly all the time.  It should mean cancelling someone for old jokes/tweets/facebook posts.  Like cancelling someone in their thirties for something they said or did in High School.  Or cancelling someone for an as yet unproven allegation.  This fits neither of those criteria.  But I get what you're going for here.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 03:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A Dem staffer in Illinois must have read the thread title.  It's eerie how similar her sentiments are to some here.

She really is just a sad excuse for a human being.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: She really is just a sad excuse for a human being.

Something we can agree on.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: See, to me that word gets used incorrectly all the time.  It should mean cancelling someone for old jokes/tweets/facebook posts.  Like cancelling someone in their thirties for something they said or did in High School.  Or cancelling someone for an as yet unproven allegation.  This fits neither of those criteria.  But I get what you're going for here.

I guess I think of it more as "said something stupid online" rather than having a time-frame.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess I think of it more as "said something stupid online" rather than having a time-frame.  

Yeah, that's how it's generally used, hence my issue with it.  There's a huge difference in something someone said today versus twenty years ago.  Like any "movement" it's gone to the extremes, but that's how this country works, we swing from one extreme to the other with brief, blissful periods of sanity in the middle.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, that's how it's generally used, hence my issue with it.  There's a huge difference in something someone said today versus twenty years ago.  Like any "movement" it's gone to the extremes, but that's how this country works, we swing from one extreme to the other with brief, blissful periods of sanity in the middle.

I guess I see it more as something that isn't new but some people want to act like IS new and is some emerging threat that is only aimed at people like them by people who aren't like them.  I guess that's the overly political aspect to it.

I think of older examples like John Lennon facing immediate backlash for the "bigger than Jesus" quip, or Johnny Mathis having a career nosedive after he admitted he was gay (in 1980, or so?).  A semi-recent thing was people who tweeted Halloween costumes of themselves as victims of the Boston Marathon and that leading to a debate over whether or not people should be harassed by the entire world for making a tasteless joke.

Today's stuff is more like our culture being caught unawares by the long-lasting impact social media and the internet can have due to us having no long-term idea of how putting stuff out there today would affect things years later.  Maybe this is like people who started smoking in the 1950s when it was all over the place and doctors even promoted cigarettes.  People will look back like they did at that situation and say "Did you really need a warning to know doing something stupid today could hurt you down the line?"

We are the lab rats of the social media era, methinks. 
Reply/Quote
Wait wait wait. I thought we were blaming Biden for all the crime? Or illegals? Or Soros? I’m getting confused. Gonna have to go check with faux again to see who I should be pointing the finger at.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 03:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A Dem staffer in Illinois must have read the thread title. It's eerie how similar her sentiments are to some here.

Another awful person disguised as someone who “cares”. Far left progressives are just horrible people.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wait wait wait. I thought we were blaming Biden for all the crime? Or illegals? Or Soros? I’m getting confused. Gonna have to go check with faux again to see who I should be pointing the finger at.

It’s funny when people who blamed everything on the President complain when people blame everything on the President.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 08:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s funny when people who blamed everything on the President complain when people blame everything on the President.

Blaming things that are actually the president's fault isn't the same as blaming everything on the president.

For instance; blaming the president for gas prices is idiotic. Blaming the president for a shit federal response to a global pandemic is not idiotic.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 08:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s funny when people who blamed everything on the President complain when people blame everything on the President.

It’s funny people give a pass to a reality tv show host serial sexual assaulter conman who did nothing but golf, kiss dictators asses, give rich people a tax cut, botch a pandemic response, magnify the hate and division in our country, and then attempt to destroy our democracy. Then blame a guy tasked with trying to pick up the pieces the spoiled rich narcissist asshole left him.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It’s funny people give a pass to a reality tv show host serial sexual assaulter conman who did nothing but golf, kiss dictators asses, give rich people a tax cut, botch a pandemic response, magnify the hate and division in our country, and then attempt to destroy our democracy. Then blame a guy tasked with trying to pick up the pieces the spoiled rich narcissist asshole left him.

Yes two sides of the same coin engaging in funny behavior.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes two sides of the same coin engaging in funny behavior.

Ah the old both sides do it. One side is now going after members of their own party for passing a bipartisan infrastructure bill to make sure they don’t become the next target of the traitor conman. This isn’t both sides stuff.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ah the old both sides do it. One side is now going after members of their own party for passing a bipartisan infrastructure bill to make sure they don’t become the next target of the traitor conman. This isn’t both sides stuff.

Absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing, but I'm glad you got that off your chest.

Reply/Quote
I think the idea of small thefts not being felonies is, generally, a good thing, but all laws have side effects and if thieves are actively deciding to steal $949 worth of goods to stay under that felony point, then maybe they can pass an addendum that knowingly staying under the cap (if you can prove that) can be used as evidence during sentencing, potentially making it a felony again.

Also, I imagine if you could prove these thefts were a coordinated effort, I could see all the thieves being charged under the blanket cost of goods stolen, making it a felony again. Kind of like a RICO situation.

The question I'm curious about is this:
The Prop 47 that lowered the felony to misdemeanor when the value of the good was below $950 was passed in 2014. I guess the question here is, did that cause a spike from that point forward? Or is this a more recent trend that may be associated with the pandemic?

As for the whole "democrat run cities" meme, it's difficult to get reliable data for what crime looks like in Republican run cities, because they're relatively rare, especially when it comes to larger city size. Only 26 of the 100 most populous cities have Republican mayors, with only 3 in the top 30 cities. The largest city with a Republican Mayor at the moment is Jacksonville, Florida and their crime rates are higher than the national and state average as well (6.34 violent crimes per 1000 citizens vs the statewide average of 4.0 per 1000 citizens).

I am open to hearing more about it though. Democrats do suck, after all.
Reply/Quote

This is exactly why I hate Democrats.

I am opposed to Republicans (and many Democrats) and a lot of what they say and believe because it is my opinion that Republican (and moderate Democrat) talking points and political beliefs/stances lead to worse outcomes for more people and their actions lead to unnecessary suffering and pain.

I think way too many Democrats are just tribalist ****-heads who hate Republicans because they're Republicans and will "dunk" on them for anything, even a tragedy like the Waukesha parade guy.

This woman is a moron and I hope she's fired.
Reply/Quote