Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You want a coach that holds players accountable?
(12-26-2018, 03:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't want Jay any where near the Bengals.

Yet you’re ok with Hue as HC...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Remember when the Bengals waived Chris Henry and Marvin Lewis said that he wouldn't be back with the Bengals? Then, MB went out and signed him?

There was a point where Marvin held players accountable too...then he was undermined.
Reply/Quote
I would like a HC who holds himself accountable.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No coach has won a Super Bowl, until they did.  One trait in common with most Super Bowl winning coaches is accountability.   The ability to hold players responsible for their actions on the field, or off the field.  We've complained for years about a lack of general accountability on this team from the coaching staff.  

Jay Gruden is a man that holds his players accountable to the lines that he establishes.  Prior to losing both of his QBs to season ending injury, the Redskins were in control of their division, and trending upward.  He may or may not have had the parts to make a deep run, I really don't care.  But, what I do like about him is he has a master plan, he draws lines, he holds people accountable to what he has established.  He is the polar opposite of Marv, the players coach.  Jay Gruden is a Coaches coach.

After 16 years of mediocrity with a players coach, it's time we went the opposite direction, and went with a disciplinarian.

Yeah, i would be down with Jay being our next HC, just no Marv or Hue please.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf Marvin has held Ross accountable for his bad play. Almost too much at times.

How about a real coach that plays the best players and teaches them the right way when they make mistakes,like goofy Ross not running the right routes and cutting it off so many times and not going after the ball regardless where it is thrown.How about playing ringo and Washington on D when all the fans know these two are ballers.How about playing Westerman when he dominates his opponent game after game.If he is allowed to leave he will go somewhere and be a first day starter.Marvin Lewis does not play the right players and he plays guys that suck up to him and who makes the most dollars.This is a place where top players after a year want out of here.so sad for all us fans. :paul: Cool Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i would be down with Jay being our next HC, just no Marv or Hue please.

Yeah, Jay is a disciplinarian with an owner who goes and gets top notch free agents. He has one more win than Marvin. In five years he made the playoffs and over.500 once. I don't really know who the right coach is but its not Jay.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yet you’re ok with Hue as HC...

I think Hue never got a chance in Cleveland and he took a a dysfunctional Raiders team to an 8-8 record then was harshly fired. If Hue was in a stable franchise and had a front office that wanted him then he could be a good coach. Would Hue be among my top 5 choices to coach this team right now? No I think this team needs a fresh start and a new voice. 
Also didn't Hue take Jay's offense  here and make it a lot better? Secondly you also crap on Hue for not being accountable but what about Jay when he called out Kirk Cousins last season and took zero blame for the Redskins season last year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Put on waivers. Already claimed by Cards.

Moved from DC to Phoenix? Oh no...

It's like when the rabbit convinced the fox and bear to throw him in the briar patch in Song of the South.

My apologies if that reference offends anyone. I'm sorry you're that soft that is...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:31 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I want a head coach that will win playoff games. If he also holds players accountable while doing it, that's just icing on the cake.

I think that's where you force a player to start every game well past their prime ( if they even had one) even if they are weaker or not as skilled as the players behind them on the depth chart. At least that's what it says in my trusty Bengals handbook under Define- Accountability.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 03:42 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah, Jay is a disciplinarian with an owner who goes and gets top notch free agents. He has one more win than Marvin. In five years he made the playoffs and over.500 once. I don't really know who the right coach is but its not Jay.

Jay obviously isn't my first choice, just saying if it is between Jay, Marv and Hue i pick Jay.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jay obviously isn't my first choice, just saying if it is between Jay, Marv and Hue i pick Jay.

I want Marv and Hue gone so bad I'd take just about anybody.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I want Marv and Hue gone so bad I'd take just about anybody.

Other than Mike coaching the team himself I agree.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Other than Mike coaching the team himself I agree.

Actually, I'd rather have Mike coaching than Hue or another year of Merv if not for the simple fact that he would have to face the press EVERY SINGLE WEEK. It'd be glorious seeing his feet be brought to the fire even though you know he won't admit any wrongdoing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 10:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I want Marv and Hue gone so bad I'd take just about anybody.

I share that sentiment, BUT with the coaches having to be the scouts too and handle the draft, I think there's atleast some chance that things get worse for a short amount of time before they get better.

I mean look what Austin did here. The defense got much worse with him.
Reply/Quote