Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You want the Bengals to win big????
Fire Lewis and hire Tom Caughlin. He'd have the Bengals deep into the playoffs next year
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 07:03 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Fire Lewis and hire Tom Caughlin.  He'd have the Bengals deep into the playoffs next year

Well I might doubt this one.. look what the Giants are doing without him... if anything go with youth over age for the next coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 07:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I might doubt this one.. look what the Giants are doing without him... if anything go with youth over age for the next coach.

There are probably 1000 coaches at various levels that would be better than Marvin. But it looks like they are bringing him back for yet another season of futility.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 07:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I might doubt this one.. look what the Giants are doing without him... if anything go with youth over age for the next coach.

The Jags are giving him a look according to ESPN.  We'll just stand pat and suck ass like always....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: The Jags are giving him a look according to ESPN.  We'll just stand pat and suck ass like always....

That's perfect!  Marvin Lewis is a great coach when it comes to bringing a terrible team from the abyss of complete desperation to the point of being competitive.  The Rams would do well to interview Marvin too.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: The Jags are giving him a look according to ESPN.  We'll just stand pat and suck ass like always....

Yes.  We should give up what we have been doing and try to be more like the Jaguars.  They haven't won more than 5 games in 7 years,  but who cares.  It is more fun to fire coaches than win games, right?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  We should give up what we have been doing and try to be more like the Jaguars.  They haven't won more than 5 games in 7 years,  but who cares.  It is more fun to fire coaches than win games, right?

Hilarious

Um.....they're at least trying to improve....us?  We're just rolling status quo....losing to teams with winning records, sucking ass in the playoffs, and basically being the worst of the good to decent teams in the league.  The numbers are out there, you've seen them, but we're standing pat 'cause.......continuity. Mellow

BTW, you knew this wasn't about the Jags, but more about Coughlin, and dumbass Son of Paul, right? Whatever

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Um.....they're at least trying to improve....us? 

Do you realize how amazing Mike Brown is to be able to outperform so many other NFL teams without even trying.

But I guess you are more impressed with a team that has not won more than 5 games in 7 years because you like "trying" better than actual "winning".

Maybe we should stop keeping score and just give awards for "trying" instead of "winning".
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you realize how amazing Mike Brown is to be able to outperform so many other NFL teams without even trying.

But I guess you are more impressed with a team that has not won more than 5 games in 7 years because you like "trying" better than actual "winning".

Maybe we should stop keeping score and just give awards for "trying" instead of "winning".

Rolleyes ......um, last I checked, the Jags have gone to an AFCG since we last won a playoff game.......and they're a recent expansion team Mellow

That's pretty embarrassing right there......but whatever, let's just keep rebooting every five years in hopes that good ol Mediocre Marv and Son of Paul finally get it right in 2037...... :paul:

Oh, and way to pick one sentence out of context like always.....you're SSSOOOOOOOO predictable, must be why you swing from Mikey's and Marv's jocks so defiantly. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Um.....they're at least trying to improve....us?  We're just rolling status quo....losing to teams with winning records, sucking ass in the playoffs, and basically being the worst of the good to decent teams in the league.  The numbers are out there, you've seen them, but we're standing pat 'cause.......continuity. Mellow

BTW, you knew this wasn't about the Jags, but more about Coughlin, and dumbass Son of Paul, right? Whatever

Don't feed the Fred. He's simply being a contrarian like always. Don't give him the satisfaction of a response. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  We should give up what we have been doing and try to be more like the Jaguars.  They haven't won more than 5 games in 7 years,  but who cares.  It is more fun to fire coaches than win games, right?

Hilarious

No. It's more fun to keep the same guy around and give him 20-25 years to try and win a single playoff game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Hilarious

Actually, this season we have not been winning. Fred, if I was MB and you were the coach and only won 5 games, I'd fire you.
Especially if you had 14 years to move just one step closer a super bowl and failed.
Now is the time for ML to go, not burn another year just to keep from maybe making a mistake. Sometimes you gotta take a chance.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Rolleyes ......um, last I checked, the Jags have gone to an AFCG since we last won a playoff game.......and they're a recent expansion team Mellow

That's pretty embarrassing right there......but whatever, let's just keep rebooting every five years in hopes that good ol Mediocre Marv and Son of Paul finally get it right in 2037...... :paul:

Oh, and way to pick one sentence out of context like always.....you're SSSOOOOOOOO predictable, must be why you swing from Mikey's and Marv's jocks so defiantly. Ninja

Then we have a recent playoff win by that criteria.

Jacksonville joined the NFL 4 years after our last playoff win, so...
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:23 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Actually, this season we have not been winning.  Fred, if I was MB and you were the coach and only won 5 games, I'd fire you.
Especially if you had 14 years to move just one step closer a super bowl and failed.
Now is the time for ML to go, not burn another year just to keep from maybe making a mistake.   Sometimes you gotta take a  chance.

I don't really disagree with this.

I just just don't think Coughlin is the answer and find it hilarious that some fans wish we were more like the Jaguars.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't really disagree with this.

I just just don't think Coughlin is the answer and find it hilarious that some fans wish we were more like the Jaguars.

i agree.  Coughlin was the answer 14 years ago.  it's time for a fresh face.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Even if we were in the market for a new coach, you can't be so naive as to think Coughlin would actually come here. He'd want a level of control he'd never get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
maybe not coughlin, but certainly not M. Lewis
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 04:12 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Even if we were in the market for a new coach, you can't be so naive as to think Coughlin would actually come here. He'd want a level of control he'd never get.  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coughlin is not  coming here.  He interviewed 14 years ago and wanted more control than MB would allow.  He now has 2 Super Bowl rings.  I'd say he made the right move.

14 years later.....We are still making the same move.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:50 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Coughlin is not  coming here.  He interviewed 14 years ago and wanted more control than MB would allow.  He now has 2 Super Bowl rings.  I'd say he made the right move.

14 years later.....We are still making the same move.

Same move ???  sure Coughlin did very well at NY but to say we are in the same place for the last 14 years as we were before Marvin came is just factually wrong... 

Maybe it is time to move from Marvin, but his record as a winning coach overall with a franchise that puts him as a positive for Bengals over time not a negative
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just just don't think Coughlin is the answer and find it hilarious that some fans wish we were more like the Jaguars.

I'd settle for our owner having a mustache like their owner.

[Image: shahid-khan-locks.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote