Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You wonder why attendance is low
(10-30-2018, 10:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bills and Lions would like a word...

Those would be some good debates... I see your point though.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Rams have won 6 playoff games since the Bengals won their last.  That's not a lot.  They've also moved twice in that time frame.  They're going balls out because they need to sell season tickets and PSL's to pay for that new stadium.

6 is 6X as many as the bengals have, oh and 2 super bowl appearances. I don’t know many fans who would take Bengals success (loose term) over the RAMS. The moving definitely could play a factor, however I bet more would still take Rams “success”
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Rams have won 6 playoff games since the Bengals won their last.  That's not a lot.  They've also moved twice in that time frame.  They're going balls out because they need to sell season tickets and PSL's to pay for that new stadium.

I also just did the research. 6 playoff wins is 1 more win than our franchise has in its entire history.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I also just did the research. 6 playoff wins is 1 more win than our franchise has in its entire history.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 6 is 6X as many as the bengals have, oh and 2 super bowl appearances. I don’t know  many fans who would take Bengals success (loose term) over the RAMS. The moving definitely could play a factor, however I bet more would still take Rams “success”

6 is a lot more than we have, but it's not a lot.  Obviously, if we're just talking raw playoff records, any fan of a team that hasn't won a SB in that time period would take that.  Now, if we're talking the whole picture and your team sucking for years, moving to a new city, winning a title and almost winning another one, then your owner dying and the team fading to mediocrity for years until moving back, I'm sure many would pass.  The Rams are looking great so far this year, but they haven't won a playoff game since Kroenke became the owner, so I wouldn't really point at that franchise as the model to follow.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:12 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Attendance is low because Marvin was brought back. The same thing happened in 2011. Sadly, Mike isn't intelligent and/or brave enough to learn from past mistakes Whatever

nailed it
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:59 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote:  If I was Mike Brown I would've made a trade to improve the defense, but I bet he said, "Hey, there's only 4 teams with more wins than us!  We're good to go."  

It takes two teams to make a trade.  What defensive players was traded that the Bengals should have gotten?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It takes two teams to make a trade.  What defensive players was traded that the Bengals should have gotten?

Whoa whoa whoa, just because a player wasn't traded, doesn't mean a team wouldn't have considered trading had an offer been made.
You don't know unless you ask, right?  Did the Bengals even ask?  So far, all the evidence points to NO.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 6 is 6X as many as the bengals have, oh and 2 super bowl appearances. I don’t know  many fans who would take Bengals success (loose term) over the RAMS. The moving definitely could play a factor, however I bet more would still take Rams “success”

Browns and Lions both have FOUR NFL Championships, but for some reason I don't hear their fans talking a lot of trash.

Gee I wonder why?

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:19 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Whoa whoa whoa, just because a player wasn't traded, doesn't mean a team wouldn't have considered trading had an offer been made.
You don't know unless you ask, right?  Did the Bengals even ask?  So far, all the evidence points to NO.

What evidence?

You are just making stuff up.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It takes two teams to make a trade.  What defensive players was traded that the Bengals should have gotten?

I think it was a big gamble on Mike Brown's part to put all his faith in the players that are already here.  The Bengals have shown in the past that they can improve through trade (Cordy Glenn) when necessary.  I think this is one of those times when it comes to the linebacker position, which I think you'd agree has been atrocious and is desperate for an upgrade.

I'm not saying Mike Brown didn't try to make a trade to improve the team.  I'm saying he was unable (for whatever reason) to improve the team through trade, whether he tried or not.  

Nevertheless, here was an interesting article on the subject.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/Article/Cincinnati-Bengals-trade-missed--124033215/
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:31 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I think it was a big gamble on Mike Brown's part to put all his faith in the players that are already here.  The Bengals have shown in the past that they can improve through trade (Cordy Glenn) when necessary.  I think this is one of those times when it comes to the linebacker position, which I think you'd agree has been atrocious and is desperate for an upgrade.

I'm not saying Mike Brown didn't try to make a trade to improve the team.  I'm saying he was unable (for whatever reason) to improve the team through trade, whether he tried or not.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/Article/Cincinnati-Bengals-trade-missed--124033215/

There's definitely room for improvement at the LB position, but what bad teams have good LBs on them that the Bengals could have gone after? Which of those players either has a team-friendly contract or expected to hit FA after this year such that the Bengals don't have to take on a large cap hit (beyond this year at least)? What would it have taken to acquire said player(s)?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:31 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Nevertheless, here was an interesting article on the subject.

Well the bengals were not the only team needing LBs and these guys did not get traded.  So they must not have been worth what heir teams were asking.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol I think y'all are missing Fred's point here.

If the organization truly doesn't care, yet is 5-3, then damn they sure are lucky.....

No, the reality is Mike Brown and the Bengals indeed do care about winning. In fact, they care deeply (just like we do!). The difference is that their methods and strategies for fixing the team don't align with many of the fans ideas on how to do so.

It's fine to say that in your opinion the team is not taking the correct steps to become a better team. That's just fine. But to say that they do not care about winning or getting better is just not true.

In fact, we talk about Mike Brown greed all the time.... doesn't winning mean more revenue?

So long as you don't go on a deep playoff run. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:02 PM)Trademark Wrote: This organization doesn’t give a crap about winning. The trade deadline has come and gone and of course this organization does absolutely nothing

Most teams don't make trades at the deadline.... Do none of them care as well?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:31 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I think it was a big gamble on Mike Brown's part to put all his faith in the players that are already here.  The Bengals have shown in the past that they can improve through trade (Cordy Glenn) when necessary.  I think this is one of those times when it comes to the linebacker position, which I think you'd agree has been atrocious and is desperate for an upgrade.

Bucannon would have been the guy I would have absolutely made a push for if I were the GM of this team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well the bengals were not the only team needing LBs and these guys did not get traded.  So they must not have been worth what heir teams were asking.

We will never know, as no information has been released by the Bengals regarding attempted trades that I have read.  
Either way, we have the same team as we did before the deadline, so I hope that works out for us and the defense gets better on their own.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One winning season in the last 15 years.

"Oh why can't we be more like the Rams?"

Interesting that you stopped at 15.  What happened to the Rams 16 years ago?  What happened to them 18 years ago?  Oh, that's right, they went to the Super Bowl and won the Super Bowl.  Convenient cut off. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:31 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I think it was a big gamble on Mike Brown's part to put all his faith in the players that are already here.  

Umm..Mikey does this every year. The planets must align, lightning must strike in order for every years team to have a chance. No injuries and all players must perform above expectations. When this does not occur, oh well, we go with the same plan next year.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 4 teams in the league have won more games than the Bengals this year and Mike Brown accomplished that without even trying.

I’ll bet you can’t say that at the end of the season, unless all the division winners are 9-7 or 8-8. I don’t see us finishing above .500 for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote