Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Young JOE BURROW like a Young Joe Namath To BENGALS
Joe Namath came in and made the losing Jets into a Super Bowl Team. When SUPER JOE was in the game, SUPER JOE controlled the game.

Now here come another young Joe in Joe Burrow. He also has turned a losing team into a Play-Off Team. Bengals beat Chiefs with when SUPER JOE is in the game, SUPER JOE controls the game. The other team doesn't have the ball as much.

Nobody thought Joe Namath would win with The Jets so fast.

Nobody thought Joe Burrow would win with the Bengals so fast.

Sometimes, it's not an old vet ready to retire. Sometimes a child shall lead them.

This is not SUPER HYPE. Paul Brown in early days of Bengals always talked of The Great Otto Graham. How One Amazing QB can make the difference.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Jets made the playoffs a total of two times in his career. They only finished above .500 3 times in 11 years. Is that who you are comparing Burrow too? Seriously?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 04:23 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: The Jets made the playoffs a total of two times in his career. They only finished above .500 3 times in 11 years.  Is that who you are comparing Burrow too? Seriously?

Namath had injuries. Without Namath, the Jets were awful.  But in the short time Namath was heathy, HE made the Jets GREAT.   You can't judge the short careers of a Joe Namath or Sandy Koufax with career stats.  What I'm COMPARING is that both Joe Namath and Joe Burrow were young and made their teams quickly GREAT. 

Now I hope Burrow has a longer and more healthy career than Namath.  Poor Namath had those many knee injures and they didn't have the knee operations they do now.  

My Comparison is that Jets and Bengals aren't very good without their Joes at QB.  But when Jets had their Joe or Bengals have their Joe at quarterback, It's Magic Time. 

If you think comparing a quarterback to Joe Namath is an insult, you don't know your football. He made The Jets great, and I'm saying Burrow makes the Bengals great. I would hate to see this Bengals team without Burrow, they would stink.

BURROW gives Bengals a chance to BEAT TENNESSEE and go all the way to Super Bowl. He is THAT good.

Many players came to Cincinnati because they added Joe Burrow. They say that. They did not come to Cincy for the Skyline Chili. Many players admit they came to Bengals because Bengals brought in Joe Burrow.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Weird
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is not Superman. And Chase is not the Flash.

The competition will now be a level higher.

I just hope the Bengals can eke out a victory, however they can do it.
Reply/Quote
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/416539-why-broadway-joe-should-not-be-in-the-hall-of-fame

Some quotes from the above article:

Quote:Throughout his 13-year career with the New York Jets, Namath threw more interceptions (220) than touchdowns (173). He averaged 17 interceptions a year and eclipsed 20 five times in his career.

Quote:Let’s talk about his accuracy—Namath averaged a remarkably low completion percentage of 50.1 throughout his career. He also completed fewer than 50 percent seven seasons throughout his career—I think that contradicts the great Bill Walsh’s statement.

Quote:Broadway Joe” had a hard time winning games as well. He played in 129 games and only won 62. His 48 percent career winning percentage also included only 16 fourth quarter comebacks.

Quote:After boldly guaranteeing a victory prior to the game, Jets quarterback Joe Namath completed 17 out of 28 passes for 206 yards and was named the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player. However, he did not throw one touchdown pass, or any passes at all in the fourth quarter.

In fact, Matt Snell was the key player in the Jets' ball-control offense during the 16-7 upset of the Colts. He carried 30 times for a then-Super Bowl record 121 yards and in the second quarter went four yards around the left end to score the Jets' only touchdown.

I get it was a different era but a 48% career winning percentage indicates that he didn't exactly make the Jets great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Yeah no thanks. The most over-hyped player in NFL history.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 04:45 PM)Nepa Wrote: Joe Burrow is not Superman. And Chase is not the Flash.

The competition will now be a level higher.

I just hope the Bengals can eke out a victory, however they can do it.

But Joe Burrow is no longer a rookie.  HE is reading the Defenses Quicker, Faster

OK, that is also my comparison to Namath.  Namath had that quick drop back and release.  He got the ball out FAST.  Burrow reads the Defense and gets the ball out FAST.  Unless there is no blocking at all on the snap, Burrow gets the ball out Fast.  That moves the chains and eats clock.  So both Joes have the Quick release and Throw 

Also Both Joes able to throw the ball a county mile on The Bomb, or hit those mid range or short passes. Both hit many receivers. 

Joe Burrow is Bengals Superman.  I would hate to see our second string QB in todays game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Going by the hours of pregame, apparently Joe Burrow doesn't even play in the NFL. Nothing but Titans, and Hentry and SF/GB and Dallas. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 05:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Going by the hours of pregame, apparently Joe Burrow doesn't even play in the NFL. Nothing but Titans, and Hentry and SF/GB and Dallas. 

That's why I pregame here, it's all Bengals talk.   :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I think I prefer the Tom Brady comparison more.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
As a side note, LOL@ Auburn, ranked #2, playing on their home court with 2 of KYs starters out with injury, acting like they won the SB after a single digit win. 

Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This IS a weird post and I'm NOT sure why we're comparing Burrow to a "MEH" qb.
Reply/Quote
Joe Namath is the most over rated player in NFL history
Was a confident leader but nothing special.
His guarantee and being in NY is what made him a star not his play on the field
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:14 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Joe Namath is the most over rated player in NFL history

Michael Vick says, "Hi."
Reply/Quote
Gosh..I can't wait for the panty hose commercial..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow just lead the Bengals to AFC Championship Game. He is a leader just like Hall Of Fame Joe Namath was.
Both took the NFL by surprise at a very young age. Both had all the confidence of their teams.

In January of 2020 Burrow and Chase won College Championship and now in January of 2022 are marching to NFL Super Bowl Championship.

Namath was a huge draft choice. Burrow was a huge draft choice. Burrow is also taking The NFL by surprise early in his career.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: Gosh..I can't wait for the panty hose commercial..  Mellow

Like all old people I too was thinking about that commercial LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Only comparison I would like to give them is Joe Cool. Although Namath feels like he would have crashed and burned like Johnny Manziel in the current NFL landscape. Or maybe that’s just because I only really know old man Namath. The drunk one that flipped the super bowl coin before anyone called heads or tails.
Reply/Quote
Terry Bradshaw just made the same comparison on Fox for whatever that’s worth.

Reply/Quote