Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Young JOE BURROW like a Young Joe Namath To BENGALS
(01-22-2022, 10:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Michael Vick says, "Hi."

What? Michael Vick was a great wildcat QB. Guy had a cannon of an arm. He even self admitted wasting his First years in the league not working on his craft and then he was in jail. I think if he had that mindset to try and improve himself as a QB when he came into the league instead of relying only on his natural gifts he could have been something great.

I mean he didn’t really win anything but he was fun to watch. Imagine if he came into the league right now out of college. There’s more teams managing players with his skill set but worse nowadays. To me he had better talent than Lamar or Kyler, but they have better crafted offenses tailor made for them and I imagine they are actually working on their craft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Terry Bradshaw just made the same comparison on Fox for whatever that’s worth.

Yeah, I heard that. Don't see the comparison with Broadway Joe myself, but I did think of this thread.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Terry Bradshaw just made the same comparison on Fox for whatever that’s worth.

Being a Steelers hall of famer I would take his opinion on Bengals players with a grain of salt. I still like Terry though.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:02 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Being a Steelers hall of famer I would take his opinion on Bengals players with a grain of salt. I still like Terry though.

I think it had to do with his fashion not his play.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:03 AM)TheFan Wrote: I think it had to do with his fashion not his play.

Oh. Joe B needs to whip out his best minx to get up their with Namath.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:14 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Joe Namath is the most over rated player in NFL history
Was a confident leader but nothing special.
His guarantee and being in NY is what made him a star not his play on the field

Exactly

Had they not won that game the mention of his name would just get a lot of who ??
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

Had they not won that game the mention of his name would just get a lot of who ??

Now Slingin Sammy Baugh, that guy was a monster.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:03 AM)TheFan Wrote: I think it had to do with his fashion not his play.

No, he was talking about their swagger.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:14 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Joe Namath is the most over rated player in NFL history
Was a confident leader but nothing special.
His guarantee and being in NY is what made him a star not his play on the field

And his shilling for that Medicare rip-off group has cemented his legacy.  **** Joe Namath.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What? Michael Vick was a great wildcat QB. Guy had a cannon of an arm. He even self admitted wasting his First years in the league not working on his craft and then he was in jail. I think if he had that mindset to try and improve himself as a QB when he came into the league instead of relying only on his natural gifts he could have been something great.

I mean he didn’t really win anything but he was fun to watch. Imagine if he came into the league right now out of college. There’s more teams managing players with his skill set but worse nowadays. To me he had better talent than Lamar or Kyler, but they have better crafted offenses tailor made for them and I imagine they are actually working on their craft.

I think people got excited about his athleticism or suffer Madden syndrome and thus overrate him as a player. His career completion % of 56.2, only a season best of 21 passing TDs, and a whole bunch of other stats are numbers that fall behind his contemporaries that were elite QBs. Vick was good and he could definitely run the ball. He wasn't elite, but sure hyped a lot from week to week about how the opposition was going to stop him. Anyhow, sorry for shifting the thread's conversation away from Burrow talk.
Reply/Quote
Burrow last 4 games

119 / 156
76.2%
1563 yards
Average 390 yards a game
10 touchdowns

He’s playing at an insane level right now
Reply/Quote