Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Will Be Better Than Both Bosa Brothers!
I saw something today that said Chase Young will be BETTER than both Bosa brothers, which is pretty high praise.

Burrow makes me nervous that he won't be able to be the franchise quarterback that can take us to the next level, but then I did see a scouting report that praised his arm strength and throws downfield.

I disagree with that, though, and I'm not overly impressed with his arm strength and physical abilities and think that he'd only be another Dalton.  

I don't know though because I'd need to see if Dalton looks good enough in the offseason to last another year, although we could take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd (if Jake Eason fell that far, I'd leap out of my wheelchair and spring to the podium, or I'd even trade back up into the first).

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I’d rather go chase young and Eason than let’s say Joe Burrow Austin Jackson but not by much. I really like Jordan Love honestly.... but I really think we need to go chase young Austin Jackson. Build this team up and get them the pieces needed before u dare bring in a rookie QB to this roster
1.Chase Young DE
2.Austin Jackson OT
3.Solomon Kindley OG
4.Shaq Quarterman LB
5.Nico Collins WR
6.Lamar Jackson CB
7.Erroll Thompson LB

Then maybe either bring dalton back one year or bring in a free agent qb maybe like a mariota or something until next year and then go get your franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 12:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I saw something today that said Chase Young will be BETTER than both Bosa brothers, which is pretty high praise.

Burrow makes me nervous that he won't be able to be the franchise quarterback that can take us to the next level, but then I did see a scouting report that praised his arm strength and throws downfield.

I disagree with that, though, and I'm not overly impressed with his arm strength and physical abilities and think that he'd only be another Dalton.  

I don't know though because I'd need to see if Dalton looks good enough in the offseason to last another year, although we could take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd (if Jake Eason fell that far, I'd leap out of my wheelchair and spring to the podium, or I'd even trade back up into the first).

Thoughts?

Chase Young is a better prospect than the Bosa's.  Whether or not he turns out better, time will tell, but there's not much to suggest he won't be the same caliber of player.

Burrow and Dalton are not equivalent at all, though.  Burrow moves well in the pocket and can make throws on the move.  He has great touch on his throws and does well moving through his progressions.  Dalton doesn't have the arm strength to make throws on the move and is frankly bad for a QB with his experience at going through his progressions.  Dalton is excellent with his presnap reads, but struggles if his initial read isn't open.  He's also got height on Andy, who has had constant issues with batted balls throughout his career.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
J. Love just arrested for marijuana possession. Not good.
Reply/Quote
Young's wants to stay in Ohio States.  It may be time to move on from Andy Daltons.  Maybe they should look at taking the most efficient passer in the SEC of all time, Joe Burrows.  Some have even said that he has similarities to Tom Bradys.  Mike Browns would be wise to ensure that he plays for the Cincinnati Bengal.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to make any draft decisions until I see how Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, and Chase Young perform in the playoffs. The playoffs will also give the Bengals the opportunity to see how Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields perform under pressure. It may be the true elite franchise quarterback the Bengals want comes out in 2021, not 2020.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 10:22 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don't want to make any draft decisions until I see how Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, and Chase Young perform in the playoffs.  The playoffs will also give the Bengals the opportunity to see how Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields perform under pressure.  It may be the true elite franchise quarterback the Bengals want comes out in 2021, not 2020.

I don't need to see Burrow perform in the playoffs to make a decision.  I've seen him play against Alabama, Auburn and Florida - 3 of the best defenses in college in big time gains.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 12:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't need to see Burrow perform in the playoffs to make a decision.  I've seen him play against Alabama, Auburn and Florida - 3 of the best defenses in college in big time gains.

Yup. But draft chase young cuz Burrow let alone any other QBs is gonna get killed here while we continue to try and build our depleted roster while destroying our franchise qb. Stockpile this team with the pieces they need before u bring in ur rookie franchise qb
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 02:37 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yup.  But draft chase young cuz Burrow let alone any other QBs is gonna get killed here while we continue to try and build our depleted roster while destroying our franchise qb.  Stockpile this team with the pieces they need before u bring in ur rookie franchise qb

The Bengals have allowed the 13th fewest QB Hits and are tied for 7th most sacks allowed.  That's not good, but that's not a line bad enough to ruin a young QB, either.

Also, since they changed the run blocking scheme to the pin and pull after the bye week, the run game is rolling with Mixon.  A good run game is a young QB's best friend.
Reply/Quote
I'm in the Chase Young camp too -- would prefer to focus on O-line and defensive front 7 this year and sign someone like Mariota as a stopgap. BUT I've pretty much resigned to the fact that we're going Burrow in 1 (and likely spend our second on whichever WR drops ...)
Reply/Quote
I said this 6 weeks ago...I also said he's about to have the highest grade of any defender in the last 15 years short of possibly Ramsey. You will start hearing that line after the season. All that said, I the flag carrier for team Young have now thrown my vote behind Burrow. I went into why in another thread.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 03:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: I said this 6 weeks ago...I also said he's about to have the highest grade of any defender in the last 15 years short of possibly Ramsey. You will start hearing that line after the season. All that said, I the flag carrier for team Young have now thrown my vote behind Burrow. I went into why in another thread.

till young actually declares for the draft...   We go Burrow @1... if/when young declares id be more than willing to go that way.
Reply/Quote
If Burrow is Dalton then it's the 2015 version of Dalton. I'm not against not drafting a QB 1st overall but if we don't then it better be a trade and there better be a good QB option in the 2nd/ late first.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The throw Burrow made against Georgia where he avoided getting sacked twice then threw the ball 40 yards in the air that went for 71 Dalton only makes in his dreams. Dalton gets sacked on the first opportunity on that play.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 02:37 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yup.  But draft chase young cuz Burrow let alone any other QBs is gonna get killed here while we continue to try and build our depleted roster while destroying our franchise qb.  Stockpile this team with the pieces they need before u bring in ur rookie franchise qb

Our Oline has protected Dalton very well the last 3 weeks, only giving up 3 sacks and 9 QB hits. Glenn coming back has definitely stabilized this line quite a bit. And Jordan is beginning to play well (he is a rookie, but he has made some really quality blocks in both the pass game and run game the last 3 games). Given Hopkins has kind of broken out this year, we only really need to worry about RG and RT.

With Jonah Williams coming back next year, he'll have LT or RT locked up. You can likely put Glenn at the other position. Or you can put Glenn at LG and draft a RT in the 2nd or 3rd round that would undeniably be an upgrade over Hart. That only leaves RG as a relative weakness. We got Miller, Price and a few others that could compete for that spot as well, which will ensure we don't have a complete loser there.

All told our offensive line is in better relative shape than fans give it credit for. I think the 10 straight weeks of Andre Smith and John Jerry at LT really made us fear the state of this Oline far more than we realistically need to.

It will be in decent shape during Burrow's rookie season (barring injuries of course) and will only improve from there.

Plus, he'll have Mixon and Gio to take pressure off of the pass game and he'll have Boyd, Ross, Tate and, likely, Green as targets.

I'm not worried about Burrow in this offense. And I don't think anyone else needs to be either.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 12:45 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’d rather go chase young and Eason than let’s say Joe Burrow Austin Jackson but not by much.  I really like Jordan Love honestly.... but I really think we need to go chase young Austin Jackson.  Build this team up and get them the pieces needed before u dare bring in a rookie QB to this roster
1.Chase Young DE
2.Austin Jackson OT
3.Solomon Kindley OG
4.Shaq Quarterman LB
5.Nico Collins WR
6.Lamar Jackson CB
7.Erroll Thompson LB

Then maybe either bring dalton back one year or bring in a free agent qb maybe like a mariota or something until next year and then go get your franchise QB.
I think you will see that Austin Jackson will be gone by pick #20 in the 1st rd.
Reply/Quote