Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Big Four?
I think it's a really hard choice. Trying to come up with who would be my favorite four piece combo to start the draft.

We have four picks in the top 100.

The roster has needs but we don't have to have anything so the pick could go any direction. And we get four of the best 100 from this class. To me it feels like we have the opportunity to do some high quality roster renovation.

What is your perfect scenario for our first four?
Reply/Quote
18.) Terrion Arnold CB Alabama

49)Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU

80.) Christian Haynes IOL Uconn

97th.) Michael Hall Jr 3T Ohio ST.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 10:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think it's a really hard choice. Trying to come up with who would be my favorite four piece combo to start the draft.

The roster has needs but we don't have to have anything so the pick could go any direction. And we get four of the best 100 from this class. To me it feels like we have the opportunity to do some high quality roster renovation.  

18. Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
49. T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
80. Renardo Green, CB, Florida State
97.  Sedrick Van Pran, IOL, Georgia

Fuaga is my ideal, but I would take Latham, Mims or Fautanu without hesitation. Alt or Fashanu too, but I don't expect them to be there at 18.

I will admit that I'm not an expert in terms of scheme fit on defense. Green is a press corner and maybe Lou doesn't value that, but everything I've heard during the off season has been about how good Green is at mirroring receivers, and we could use some good man coverage corners in this defense. If we don't value that skill set, then go Mo Melton, CB, Rutgers.
Reply/Quote
If no Tee trade...

1st Round : Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State
2nd Round : T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
3rd Round : Ben Sinnott TE/FB/H-Back Kansas State
3rd Round : Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin

If we get Tee traded for an early 2nd Rounder, throw in Leggette, Pearsall or Polk in there behind Sweat.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 10:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think it's a really hard choice. Trying to come up with who would be my favorite four piece combo to start the draft.

18 - Fuaga/Latham, OT
49 - Polk/Legette/Wilson, WR
80 - McKinnley Jackson, IDL
97 - Sinnott/Johnson/Stover, TE

Or if Sweat is available at 49, take him there and WR at 80.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Latham OT

T'Vondre SWEAT
DT Texas

Kamari LASSITER
CB Georgia

Brenden RICE
WR USC
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 10:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think it's a really hard choice. Trying to come up with who would be my favorite four piece combo to start the draft.

18. Taliese Fuaga
49. Tvondre Sweat
80. Braden Fiske-play him anywhere up n down the line whenever u want.
97. Trey Benson.

Our team would be ridiculous going forward with these 4
Reply/Quote
18 - Newton/Murphy
49 - Sweat
80 - OT
97 - TE

I haven't and probably won't do enough research on the middle round guys due to my work commitments, but I would love to fix the D-line. I think a TE in round 3 would be just what this offense needs and give me an athletic OT at 80
Reply/Quote
I will play, but I will try to be realistic.

#18: OT: Fuaga, Latham, or Mims.

#49: WR: Pearsall, Legette, R. Wilson.

I think Sweat is long gone at #49. Jenkins & Fiske are tempting.

#80. M. Jackson, NT/DT.

If I took Sweat at #49, then WR.

#97. Wild card, but lean CB4. Hart K. Jackson, Brownlee.

If we sign a CB4 in FA, then I may go TE (Sinnott, Stover, Johnson, Reiman), IOL (Zinter, Haynes, Mahogany), big RB (Allen, Estime), or another DT/NT.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 18 - Newton/Murphy
49 - Sweat
80 - OT
97 - TE

I haven't and probably won't do enough research on the middle round guys due to my work commitments, but I would love to fix the D-line. I think a TE in round 3 would be just what this offense needs and give me an athletic OT at 80

Lmfao we have our 3 tight ends lol what is the deal here y’all. They won’t draft one. They have had sooooo many opportunities at game changers at the position. WE DO NOT HIGHLIGHT THE TOGHT END
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 08:36 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Lmfao we have our 3 tight ends lol what is the deal here y’all.  They won’t draft one.  They have had sooooo many opportunities at game changers at the position.  WE DO NOT HIGHLIGHT THE TOGHT END

Yep. I had a chance in my last mock & did not do it either. 

#18: OT: Mins 
#49: WR: Pearsall 
#80: DT/NT: M. Jackson 
#97: CB: K. Jackson 
#115: IOL: Mahoganny (T. Johnson at TE available) 
#149: TE/FB: Bell 
#194: LB: Jacobs 
#214: DT: Randolph Jr. 
#224: P: Taylor 
#237: RB: Vidal 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 08:36 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Lmfao we have our 3 tight ends lol what is the deal here y’all.  They won’t draft one.  They have had sooooo many opportunities at game changers at the position.  WE DO NOT HIGHLIGHT THE TOGHT END

I agree. Fans who are expecting an early TE be drafted are going to leave the draft disappointed, just like we were last year.

This team just doesn't value the TE position. If they did, they would have done more than 1 year redemption deals for 3 years in a row in free agency while completely disregarding it in the draft.

Maybe if there's an incredible value, like Sinnott in the 4th or 5th, they'd take a stab at it. But I'd be very surprised to see them draft a TE before day 3. 
Reply/Quote
Perfect scenario for me if we don't trade down:

CB Quinyon Mitchell falls to 18 (or one of the top OTs/WRs). If not, I'd prefer to trade down or draft DT.

NT Sweat

OT Kiran Amegadjie

WR Jermaine Burton

Edit: You said favorite scenario. All of these players would have to drop 3-10 picks.
Reply/Quote
JC Latham - OT
T'Vondre Sweat - NT
Ben Sinnott TE/FB love the versatility
Tanor Bortolini, - IOL could step in for Volsen this year, and if he does well, potentially taking over for Karras next

Double dip on the o-line to protect Joe and prepare for moving on from players in their final contract year.
Reply/Quote
I flip flop but for me

Johnny Newton
Tevondre sweat
Christian mohogany
Cade stover
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 03:48 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: JC Latham - OT
T'Vondre Sweat - NT
Ben Sinnott  TE/FB love the versatility
Tanor Bortolini, - IOL could step in for Volsen this year, and if he does well, potentially taking over for Karras next

Double dip on the o-line to protect Joe and prepare for moving on from players in their final contract year.

First time I have heard Bortolini mentioned, interesting...

Just a bit scared of Latham after the skipping workouts and how that has worked out for us in the past with these early OL picks.
Reply/Quote
18. Brian Thomas Jr, WR
49. T'Vondre Sweat, NT/DT or Ennis Rakestraw, CB
80. McKinnley Jackson, NT/DT
97. Sedrick Van Pran, IOL, Georgia
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:39 PM)CJD Wrote: 18. Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
49. T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
80. Renardo Green, CB, Florida State
97.  Sedrick Van Pran, IOL, Georgia

Fuaga is my ideal, but I would take Latham, Mims or Fautanu without hesitation. Alt or Fashanu too, but I don't expect them to be there at 18.

I will admit that I'm not an expert in terms of scheme fit on defense. Green is a press corner and maybe Lou doesn't value that, but everything I've heard during the off season has been about how good Green is at mirroring receivers, and we could use some good man coverage corners in this defense. If we don't value that skill set, then go Mo Melton, CB, Rutgers.

Walter Football has T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas  coming to us @ 80

Is round 2 too high?
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 09:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Walter Football has T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas  coming to us @ 80

Is round 2 too high?

It's hard to say. I see PFF rating him as an early 3rd rounder as well. I think the truth is he is a late 2nd, early 3rd round pick in terms of value in this draft class. Which means there's a good chance he'd be considered a reach at 49, but could be gone by 80.

The reason I am bullish on him at 49 is because there are not a lot of nose tackles in this draft. You got Sweat who's a 2nd/3rd round prospect, McKinnley Jackson who is a 3rd/4th round prospect, Kristian Boyd who is a 5th/6th round prospect, and then a few UDFA prospects in Justin Rogers and Evan Anderson.

All it takes is one team to decide they need a NT in the mid 2nd round, and suddenly we're faced with a similar problem at 80, where we have to decide if we want to "reach" for Jackson or hope he falls to our 4th round pick.

If he gets plucked too, then we start looking at Boyd with our 5th round pick, and the cycle continues.

Since NT is our 2nd biggest need in this draft, I don't mind a half round reach to get the best NT in the draft.

But I realize he has some red flags that our coaching staff may just be unwilling to spend a 2nd round pick on (weight, effort questions primarily).
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 09:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Walter Football has T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas  coming to us @ 80

Is round 2 too high?

(03-27-2024, 09:46 AM)CJD Wrote: It's hard to say. I see PFF rating him as an early 3rd rounder as well. I think the truth is he is a late 2nd, early 3rd round pick in terms of value in this draft class. Which means there's a good chance he'd be considered a reach at 49, but could be gone by 80.

The reason I am bullish on him at 49 is because there are not a lot of nose tackles in this draft. You got Sweat who's a 2nd/3rd round prospect, McKinnley Jackson who is a 3rd/4th round prospect, Kristian Boyd who is a 5th/6th round prospect, and then a few UDFA prospects in Justin Rogers and Evan Anderson.

All it takes is one team to decide they need a NT in the mid 2nd round, and suddenly we're faced with a similar problem at 80, where we have to decide if we want to "reach" for Jackson or hope he falls to our 4th round pick.

If he gets plucked too, then we start looking at Boyd with our 5th round pick, and the cycle continues.

Since NT is our 2nd biggest need in this draft, I don't mind a half round reach to get the best NT in the draft.

But I realize he has some red flags that our coaching staff may just be unwilling to spend a 2nd round pick on (weight, effort questions primarily).

How often do you get a chance to draft a 6’4” 366lbs Outland Trophy winning Big 12 defensive player of the year?

NTs seem like they usually slide in the draft. And with the QBs in our division he may not be the ideal candidate to be chasing them around.

But he feels like a unicorn in this draft. And I think we have the luxury of reaching to ensure we get the best player at a position where we lost a good one.
Reply/Quote