Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favorite Medieval Movie
European Medieval or any Medieval?

If any:

- A Knight's Tale (a silly film and not to be taken too seriously, but a great film to enjoy and Heath Ledger is awesome as always)
- Blade of the Immortal (Japanese Film, based off an anime; the plot is not historically realistic, but they get the clothing, settings and weapons down perfectly; Takuya Kimura is awesome as well)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (not a big Wuxia fan {and I still find the way they, "run in the air," hilarious}, but a phenomenal film, definitely worth the hype. Yun-Fat Chow is great here, as are Michelle Yeoh and Ziyi Zhang)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail (as we talked about in the Comedy thread, a great film and a great laugh. Again, historically not accurate, but they get everything right! Love the setting of the film)
- The Black Cauldron (blamed for Disney almost going bankrupt in the 80s, it is not a bad film in the slightest and it too, gets the setting downpat and its eeriness/mature{ish} subject matter is great to watch)
- The Admiral: Roaring Currents (so damn awesome, a Korean film that retells the battle of Myeongyang {sp?}, between Admiral Yi Sun-Shin and the Japanese Navy, which is so legendary it is almost unbelievable. Sik-Min Choi shows off his chops in this film, my wife even liked it)
- Seven Samurai (almost anything Kurosawa from feudal Japan could go here, but his best is still THE best. IMO, this is the greatest film ever crafted)
- Silence (also Feudal Japan; this film moved me like few before ever have, a powerful and wonderful masterstroke of filmmaking. Scorsese should get boosted for this film, not his run-of-the-mill DeNiro flicks from the 70s/80s or the Departed)

(08-26-2020, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Name of the Rose.

Of course, anything by Umberto Eco will be great Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 03:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Another great one, probably Cruise's best acting of his career.

Have to disagree with you there, Nate. Cruise’s best performance for me would easily be Magnolia. He was also very good in Born on the Fourth of July, Eyes Wide Shut, and Collateral.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 06:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have to disagree with you there, Nate. Cruise’s best performance for me would easily be Magnolia. He was also very good in Born on the Fourth of July, Eyes Wide Shut, and Collateral.

Never watched Magnolia but yeah Born on the Fourth of July I forgot all about and haven't seen it forever, great performance.

Always loved Jerry McGuire as well. But these aren't medieval movies lol
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You have great taste Tiger Teeth. Cool

Thanks bro.  So do you.  In fact, I think all these listed in this thread are great.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 06:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have to disagree with you there, Nate. Cruise’s best performance for me would easily be Magnolia.

I don't think he was acting in that role.

Just like when he played Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think he was acting in that role.

Just like when he played Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder.

The smarmy womanizer not so much, but the scene with his dying father is easily the best acting I’ve ever seen from Cruise.

https://youtu.be/_3VH5wfAoKA

Reply/Quote
[Image: Black_knight_ver2.jpg]

Well it's actually kind of really bad but I love this shitty movie.
Reply/Quote