(12-27-2022, 02:25 PM)motoarch Wrote: Bills stay at 1

7th pats vs. 2 KC
6th ravens vs. 3 Cincy
5th LA vs. Jags

KC vs. LA
Bills vs. Cincy

LA vs Cincy

We end up with 2 home games

I actually think a "Freezer Bowl " rematch in the AFCCG is not that unlikely.   The Chargers could beat the Chiefs. Dan Fouts sucked in 59 below wind chill and he sucked as a broadcster. I don't think he ever got over the loss to Cinci that day.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Gotta be different here:
Ravens @ Bengals
Jags @ KC

AFC Championship:
Jags @ Bengals
Loving that scenario
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff.  I love the ESPN Playoff Machine.  It does all the calculations and you just click your projected winners.  I went with the Jets in a few games because I think they still have a shot with Mike White if he returns.  Big game for the Jets @ Seattle this weekend.  Then I think if they win that, they knock off Miami for the final spot.  2022 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

My first round looks like this (based entirely on predictions, not hope of losses for a team like KC):

Jets @ Bengals
Rats @ Bills
Chargers @ Jags

So, my final four would be: 

Jags @ Bengals 
Bills @ KC

Should the unthinkable happen (damn, they are so lucky) and either Dumpster Fire Denver beats KC, or The Fighting Josh McDaniels beat them, it would look like this:

Jets @ Bills (would actually be a good game)
Rats @ KC (llaugher)
Charges @ Jags

And my final four in that scenario would be:

Jags @ Bengals
KC @ Bills

I like that one, too.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The correct answer is Bengals + Bills + Chiefs + either Chargers or Jaguars. Seeding could make this shake out just a bit differently, but these are the 4/5 best teams.

Yep ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am in the camp that says: 

Chargers at Chiefs 
Bills at Bengals (or Bengals at Bills) 
Reply/Quote
I have the feeling that we all may become huge Chargers' fans for a day, late next month. I may be a Nostradumbass for saying so, but just have a feeling...
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:49 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I'm gonna say(hope) that the Bengals win out and grab the #2 seed.  I see KC as #1 ,  Buffalo as #3 ,  Jacksonville #4  ,  LA Chargers #5 ,  Baltimore #6 , and Miami #7 .

So, I think the most likely result is:
Wildcard Round:

Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Bills
Chargers @ Jaguars

Divisional  Round:

Bills @ Bengals
Chargers @ Chiefs

Just switch Chiefs#3 and Bills#1, with Conference Round Bills vs Bengals in Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 02:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I went with the 2 hot teams in the AFC right now.

Never a bad way to go, that would be ideal for us and for the Jags to make it that far. I don't see the Jags beating us in our place.
Reply/Quote
In all 3 Bengals AFCCG victories, they had also beaten their opponent in the regular season. They've already beaten the Chiefs, so a win over the Bills would cover both possible matchups. and all but guarantee... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 08:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In all 3 Bengals AFCCG victories, they had also beaten their opponent in the regular season. They've already beaten the Chiefs, so a win over the Bills would cover both possible matchups. and all but guarantee... Ninja

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Personally I kind of hope the Titans suddenly get right for the last 2 games..although they probably won't which is why I hope they do..  I'd love to beat them into the ground again and give Henry exactly 4 yards..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:49 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I thought it would actually be more fun to predict your Final Four(AFC) now, rather than after the playoff field is set. Lot of different scenarios are still possible that you can play around with.   I'm gonna say(hope) that the Bengals win out and grab the #2 seed.  I see KC as #1 ,  Buffalo as #3 ,  Jacksonville #4  ,  LA Chargers #5 ,  Baltimore #6 , and Miami #7 .

So, I think the most likely result is:
Wildcard Round:

Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Bills
Chargers @ Jaguars

Divisional  Round:

Bills @ Bengals
Chargers @ Chiefs

That's my Final Four .   ^^^^^

What would be interesting is if the Chargers dropped a game(say, to the Rams), then they could slide to #6 and have  to travel to Buffalo instead of Jacksonville. That could send the Ravens to Jacksonville, for a rematch of that thriller a few weeks ago. I could see the Chargers having a shot at upsetting the Bills, which could set up a potential divisional round of  Ravens/Jags @ Bengals  and Chargers @ Chiefs .  But that's more unlikely than the one I predicted above.

Who do you have for your Final Four AFC teams left standing?

I rhink Chiefs would prefer Jacksonville, 2 games this year with Chargers have been epic 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 02:25 PM)motoarch Wrote: Bills stay at 1

7th pats vs. 2 KC
6th ravens vs. 3 Cincy
5th LA vs. Jags

KC vs. LA
Bills vs. Cincy

LA vs Cincy

We end up with 2 home games

In your scenario it would be;

Chargers @ Bills
Bengals @ Chiefs

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I rhink Chiefs would prefer Jacksonville, 2 games this year with Chargers have been epic 

Doubt if they want any part of Chargers , Part III. I hope(and think) that is exactly what they'll get.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
You're all gonna love this one. I just did the playoff machine on ESPN and this is what i came up with after making my picks for wks 17 and 18. 

1. Bengals
2. Bills
3. Chiefs
4. Jags
5. Chargers
6. Ravens
7. Steelers

WC round
------------
1. Bengals bye.
7. Steelers @ 2. Bills
6. Ravens @ 3. Chiefs
5. Chargers @ 4. Jags

Divisional round  (my final 4)
-------------------
5. Chargers @ 1. Bengals
3. Chiefs @ 2. Bills

AFCCG
---------
2. Bills @ 1. Bengals

I have the Steelers winning out. Bengals winning out. Chargers winning out. Jags winning out. Ravens losing out. Dolphins losing out. Titans losing out. Pats splitting. Jets splitting. Bills splitting. Chiefs splitting. 

In my scenario, the Jets would have to win out to get the #7 seed. @Seattle @Miami. The question is Mike White's status.
The Dolphins only have to win 1 more game to clinch the #7 seed. @Patriots vs.Jets. The question is Tua's status. 

Don't kill me for the Steelers thing. They're at the Ravens this week and Lamar's status will be huge for the outcome of that game and they finish at home against the Browns. Things are actually set up pretty well for them to make the playoffs (spit!!), where they will get smashed like last year (smile).  

Going back to the WC round of the playoffs, the Jags could beat the Chargers at home but that would not change what came after other than it would be the Jags travelling to Cincinnati. 

Just for shitz and giggz, here is how it turned out in the NFC. 

1. Eagles
2. Minny
3. 49ers
4. Panthers
5. Cowboys
6. Giants
7. Seahawks

P.S. If KC beats the Raiders in wk 18 (i had them losing), that would make the Bengals the #2 seed and Pitt would have to travel here for the WC round.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're all gonna love this one. I just did the playoff machine on ESPN and this is what i came up with after making my picks for wks 17 and 18. 

1. Bengals
2. Bills
3. Chiefs
4. Jags
5. Chargers
6. Ravens
7. Steelers

WC round
------------
1. Bengals bye.
7. Steelers @ 2. Bills
6. Ravens @ 3. Chiefs
5. Chargers @ 4. Jags

Divisional round  (my final 4)
-------------------
5. Chargers @ 1. Bengals
3. Chiefs @ 2. Bills

AFCCG
---------
2. Bills @ 1. Bengals

I have the Steelers winning out. Bengals winning out. Chargers winning out. Jags winning out. Ravens losing out. Dolphins losing out. Titans losing out. Pats splitting. Jets splitting. Bills splitting. Chiefs splitting. 

In my scenario, the Jets would have to win out to get the #7 seed. @Seattle @Miami. The question is Mike White's status.
The Dolphins only have to win 1 more game to clinch the #7 seed. @Patriots vs.Jets. The question is Tua's status. 

Don't kill me for the Steelers thing. They're at the Ravens this week and Lamar's status will be huge for the outcome of that game and they finish at home against the Browns. Things are actually set up pretty well for them to make the playoffs (spit!!), where they will get smashed like last year (smile).  

Going back to the WC round of the playoffs, the Jags could beat the Chargers at home but that would not change what came after other than it would be the Jags travelling to Cincinnati. 

Just for shitz and giggz, here is how it turned out in the NFC. 

1. Eagles
2. Minny
3. 49ers
4. Panthers
5. Cowboys
6. Giants
7. Seahawks

Definitely possible and would love it honestly. I like our chances of beating the Bills if we beat them in a tight one Monday night.

Burrow is always better the 2nd time he faces a Defense in the same season. I do love this scenario maybe even more than Wedge's.
Reply/Quote
This is my alternate reality where KC hangs on to the #1 seed. 

1. Chiefs
2. Bengals
3. Bills 
4. Jags
5. Chargers
6. Ravens
7. Steelers

WC round:
1. Chiefs bye
7. Steelers @ 2. Bengals
6. Ravens @ 3. Bills
5. Chargers @ 4. Jags
---------------------------

Divisional round:
5. Chargers @ 1. Chiefs
3. Bills @ 2. Bengals
-------------------------

AFCCG:
5. Chargers @ 2. Bengals

Reply/Quote
Yep. I was just playing around with the simulator. A bunch of grown ass men(me included) playing with simulators is kinda sad but here we are. lol

1. We win out AND KC wins out .

2. Dolphins lose @ NE AND at home to the Jets.

3. Jets lose @ Seattle

4. NE loses @ Buffalo

5. Steelers win out (@ Ravens and home vs Clev.)

If all of the above happen.... We host the Steelers in the WC round !!!!
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I don't want the Chargers, just because of the Burrow vs Herbert nonsense.. the lead up to that game would be super annoying.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 10:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In your scenario it would be;

Chargers @ Bills
Bengals @ Chiefs

DOH!

Im dumb.
Reply/Quote