Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your First Bengals Game
I've been to so many that my memory is fuzzy. I know it's not my first but the only one.. I specifically remember as a kid (91 baby) and it's due to my own stupidity was a game vs. I believe Buffalo where it was snowing and below freezing Temps. I decided to wear only a single layer of clothes and we left at halftime LOL

It's a rough guess but it was 21 degrees 12/19/2004 when Buffalo came to town. Think that may be the game.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 02:14 AM)phil413 Wrote: Here were the highlights.  They'll be new to you if you burned them out of your brain.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gyRhVvmKrU0

I remember that game.. I also remember thinking the Bengals would be much better that season for some reason and got in an argument about it. That was the last time I argued that team being better.. Hilarious I've never wanted to sit in the stands especially in cold weather ever since Jr High watching the HS team get beaten so badly it was like watching a bunch of first graders vs the US Marine Corps armed to the teeth in actual armed battle..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: 2 years ago I went to see them play the jets. Can't believe that was my first time seeing them play live.

Bengals won by a single point. Jets missed a PAT in the first half. I was stuck on a subway car wearing a Bengals shirt with a lot of angry new Yorkers. That was fun.

That was 2016, not 2 years ago Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
2nd home preseason game Bengals ever played. Played at Nippert.
Lost to Buffalo 10-6.
I live in Colts territory now but my team is the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I don't remember my first Bengals game. Or the 2nd, or 3rd...

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 02:14 AM)phil413 Wrote: Here were the highlights.  They'll be new to you if you burned them out of your brain.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gyRhVvmKrU0

My noggin must have been singed pretty good because I do not remember that game.  But, time is funny that way.  I remember a game versus the Jets back in '87, during the Wyche era, that was just a bad, bad loss.  I remember at the time that someone on WLW even assured us that, no matter how bad it seemed at the time, one day we would remember it as just another loss.  Now I don't even remember what happened, just that it really sucked.

(10-20-2021, 03:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: 2 years ago I went to see them play the jets.  Can't believe that was my first time seeing them play live.

Bengals won by a single point.  Jets missed a PAT in the first half.  I was stuck on a subway car wearing a Bengals shirt with a lot of angry new Yorkers.  That was fun.

Will you be present in the NJ swamplands for the game on Halloween?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 05:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't remember my first Bengals game. Or the 2nd, or 3rd...

Good news, I have a pic of you taken just after that first game.

[Image: suffering-the-consequences-of-a-wild-nig...T-nfcZdyg=]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That was 2016, not 2 years ago Wink

Damn.  Well it felt more recent.

I'm must be getting old.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 05:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Good news, I have a pic of you taken just after that first game.

[Image: suffering-the-consequences-of-a-wild-nig...T-nfcZdyg=]

I remember a female police officer telling us we couldn’t carry open beers down the sidewalk and made us give them up. There was a light pole on the corners that had hundreds of beer cans and bottles stacked around it. She was like, “Put them over there.” Haha. We used to leave Greenville, OH around 7-8am sometimes (1.5hr drive) and start drinking before we even left. Although, during cold/windy days, we waited till we actually parked before we would drink and freeze.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 05:22 PM)motoarch Wrote: Damn.  Well it felt more recent.

I'm must be getting old.

Remember when we came up with the idea of the wheel?

Reply/Quote