Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Greatest Waiver Pickups Ever?
Just curious what are some of the best pickups you've ever had?

I picked up Arian Foster during his breakout year and then added Vick in the same season when he became the Eagles starter. Both had incredible seasons and I ended up thrashing the league. I think I only lost 2 games.
Reply/Quote
OBJ. I drafted him in the 11th (around there) his rookie year, dropped him, then picked him back up later that year. He's been my keeper ever since and I'll have him for most of his career unless a King's ransom is offered.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:04 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: OBJ. I drafted him in the 11th (around there) his rookie year, dropped him, then picked him back up later that year. He's been my keeper ever since and I'll have him for most of his career unless a King's ransom is offered.

Obj two years ago as well, picked him up week 2-3 after hearing of him doing well in practice.  That won surely paid off!!  

Bortles last year would have been good, won my buddy a league.

Anyone think spencer ware has long term value?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dion Lewis right before the opener last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Really have had bad luck taking chances with my sleeper picks. Maybe this is the year. Just picked up Yelton from the JAX and maybe he'll do well.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I haven't had many good ones recently. I picked up Justin Forsett when the Ray Rice thing happened, and Forsett ended up like 4th in the league in RB points.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A few seasons ago my sister-in-law dropped Marshawn Lynch because he was on the bye and she didn't know how to put him on the bench. I picked him up and eventually won the championship.

This league is just for fun with no money involved, so it wasn't a big deal. But my sister-in-law made my brother show her how to correctly use the app to bench people after this.
Reply/Quote
Don't know about my greatest ever, but my most satisfying has to be Marion Barber III. I drafted him in 2006, my commish drafted Julius Jones that year and spent the entire year raging about how Barber vultured all the TDs (16 TDs vs Jone's 4) seemingly always having big TD totals when I played them. So of course I enjoyed that and drafted him the next four years, continuing to have big games when I went against them.

After a bad 2010, I wasn't planning on drafting him in 2011, but my Commish spite-drafted him so I couldn't regardless. He sat on their bench for 13 weeks with him never reaching double digit points until they cut him loose.

So of course I spite-claimed him and started him for Week 14 when I was playing against the Commish. That week he drops like 20 points and I win by I believe a fraction of a point. I was admittedly a Cam Newton level of poor winner that week.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote