Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your La’el Collins eye test so far. No looking up stats
(10-05-2022, 10:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oddly enough, Hart was the Bills highest rated OL this week (74.2).

He only played 2 offensive snaps according to this.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HartBo00.htm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oddly enough, Hart was the Bills highest rated OL this week (74.2).

That's GOTTA be a glitch in the matrix. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He only played 2 offensive snaps according to this.

My mistake, I saw in another thread that someone had posted Buffalo's OL grades from last week, and errantly assumed he was starting at RT..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's GOTTA be a glitch in the matrix. LOL

Oh, there was a glitch alright, just on the one you were thinking of.  Nervous

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Dammit, We should get compensation for that.
Reply/Quote
Collins will be getting a veteran's day every Wed off for the rest of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 01:16 AM)Housh Wrote: How have you guys liked his play?

When he wins a rep he really wins that shit

But when he losses a rep it’s BAD. Like really bad.

I thought we got him cheap but now i think his price tag is right around where his value is.

Hopefully he plays better as time goes on. He’s definitely fighting an undisclosed injury. The way he losses reps is the way an old out of shape veteran would lose reps. He’s not old or out of shape so i don’t get it

When i saw him get rag dolled on the second play of the second series in Dallas i became very worried. I agree that when he loses he usually completely bombs the rep. at 6' 4 and 318 lbs i feel like you should be able to at least slow someone down or at least get in their way. I was hoping for more. With that said it is what we have, there is no cavalry so the bengals need to figure it out. 
Reply/Quote
Disappointed with the idea of he was a top tier tackle.. too inconsistent so far especially with the Pollack connection, i rate the signing as just ok right now
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He only played 2 offensive snaps according to this.

What a coincidence.. His best games with us were when he only played 2 snaps
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

funny so many preached PFF when Hart was here, now they ***** about PFF with our new shining FA signings... 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: funny so many preached PFF when Hart was here, now they ***** about PFF with our new shining FA signings... 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB8x6l1TjbMJQX6zt31R8...k&usqp=CAU]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think this will be Collin’s best game as a Bengals

Ravens just don’t have a guy good enough to bust his ass
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I think he's been garbage, but anyone who's ever had a bad back can understand. I definitely admire his heart though. The guy was getting abused for two weeks, and would just last ditch lunge at the defender to buy Burrow that extra fraction of a second... Doing that with a bad back has to suck.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals want to be a running team, LC isn’t getting the job done.
If they want to be a passing team, LC like the entire line, is getting the job done using the last two games as where the line is at.
Reply/Quote
Hasn’t been ‘as advertised’ as yet but there could be a few extenuating circumstances. Hopefully the line continues to gel and more cohesive as the season goes.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 01:16 AM)Housh Wrote: How have you guys liked his play?

When he wins a rep he really wins that shit

But when he losses a rep it’s BAD. Like really bad.

I thought we got him cheap but now i think his price tag is right around where his value is.

Hopefully he plays better as time goes on. He’s definitely fighting an undisclosed injury. The way he losses reps is the way an old out of shape veteran would lose reps. He’s not old or out of shape so i don’t get it

I haven't been impressed with him, personally.
He's had some "inconsistencies" in the passing game, to put it nicely.

I don't know if it's purely with injury or what, but he's not what I thought the Bengals were getting.

Karras has been the most impressive OL thus far, to me.

Volson clearly looks like a rookie who needed grooming. He seems to be improving as we go, but he's not where I wanted the starting LG to be for what should be a Championship season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I haven't been impressed with him, personally.
He's had some "inconsistencies" in the passing game, to put it nicely.

I don't know if it's purely with injury or what, but he's not what I thought the Bengals were getting.

Karras has been the most impressive OL thus far, to me.

Volson clearly looks like a rookie who needed grooming. He seems to be improving as we go, but he's not where I wanted the starting LG to be for what should be a Championship season.

I feel much better about Collins and the Bengals OL after watching the Indianapolis Colts OL last night. The Colts right tackle was getting run by left and right as if he wasn't even there. And the left tackle put on a pitiful display as well, including about 4 costly penalties. (I think one was declined.) Ryan was running for his life and losing yardage all night, including 6 sacks and innumerable hits. Bengals OL looked like world-beaters next to that miserable Colts group.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 08:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: I feel much better about Collins and the Bengals OL after watching the Indianapolis Colts OL last night. The Colts left tackle was getting run by left and right as if he wasn't even there. And the left tackle put on a pitiful display as well, including about 4 costly penalties. (I think one was declined.) Ryan was running for his life and losing yardage all night, including 6 sacks and innumerable hits. Bengals OL looked like world-beaters next to that miserable Colts group.

And the Colts are paying a combined $50 million for their LG, C, and RG. Yikes.

Reply/Quote
Man, the excitement wore off fast........

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 12:10 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Man, the excitement wore off fast........

Not for me

I think his best games will come soon.

I mean….hopefully
-Housh
Reply/Quote